Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #1
kristinesgeorge
Earning My Ears

POP, Sports or CBR?

Need some advice and insights. Family of four including DS, 8 and DS, 5. We booked the FD promo and are staying in a preferred Sports room. Last year we stayed in a Royal room at POR and in 2012 in a preferred POP room. We loved POP and thought POR was a little too spread out for our liking. I'm spooked by the reviews of Sports and can get a preferred room at CBR for $380 more or can switch to a standard pool view room at POP for about the same money. We know what we are getting with POP - but being in a standard room also worries me. I hated being so far from the amenities last year. Suggestions? Is Sports really that bad or am I getting worried for nothing? CBR looks nice but admittedly, we spend a lot of time in the park - last year we made it to the POR pool once during our entire trip! THANKS in advance!
kristinesgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
Leveretttltl
Mouseketeer

My only issue with Sports is that it shares a bus system with all of the All Star Resorts. The room is really not much different than Pop. The shared buses can really be a nightmare during crowded times of the year and busy times of the day.

Let me also add that I have stayed at CBR in a pirate themed room. We liked it there but the resort is huge!! Our building was all the way at the end. We like POR so much better.
Leveretttltl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2014, 04:01 PM   #3
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran

We really liked Sports. I never found the buses to be a problem. The best thing about Sports is that when buses are shared Sports is the stop for both pick up and drop off so we always got a seat. In the mornings and at night buses are dedicated. I've only seen the shared ones in the afternoon or if a bus leaves packed, one is sent as a back up for all the All Stars.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:36 PM   #4
katt789
DIS Veteran

Don't waste the money on CBR, especially if you're not going to be at the resort much!

Pop is GREAT! Even in a standard room, you can still be close to everything, main pool, bus stop, etc. I would honestly go with Pop, happy medium, and the standard rooms are good!

Sports isn't that bad, the rooms aren't as nice, and I do remember my room smelling of smoke (though that might've been music)

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: