Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2014, 11:40 PM   #1
BSchaal57
Mouseketeer

AOA Suites vrs All Star Music Suite

My family is again planning a trip to WDW. There are 4 of us. My husband and I and my two daughters. One of my daughters has nerve senitivity in her legs, therefore, she cannot stand to have anyone bump her leg, so she sleeps in a bed alone so we really need 2 beds and a pull out couch. I heard that All star Music Suites are very nice and roomy! Due to our medical conditions I have and my daughters medical condition of getting connecting rooms, but I was told that I cannot get connecting rooms unless my children were young and they aren't. Just want connecting rooms so if someone had a medical problem and they needed help we would be right there. We could keep our doors open through the night (that would be if we had 2 regular rooms and not a suite). Thanks
BSchaal57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:05 AM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

That is correct. Connecting rooms are always just a request and can never be guaranteed. Granted, they will do everything in their power to grant connecting rooms. But sometimes it's just not possible so they can't guarantee them. That is why their is a premium for the Family Suites as that is a way to guarantee your party will all be together.

Another option would be the rooms in the Alligator Bayou section of Port Orleans. They have 2 queens and a murphy bed that would work for your one of your daughters depending on how old/big she is. The advertise that it is good for kids up to 10 or 11 yrs. old. Just an idea.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #3
BSchaal57
Mouseketeer

Dansdad,have you ever been to Family Suites at All star Music? Just wondering if they are as big as AOA Family suites? AOA Finding Nemo Suites was nice,just way too expensive and when coming from parks, the bus stop is always the last in line. Long walk when so tired!
Old 04-06-2014, 10:34 PM   #4
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchaal57 View Post
Dansdad,have you ever been to Family Suites at All star Music? Just wondering if they are as big as AOA Family suites? AOA Finding Nemo Suites was nice,just way too expensive and when coming from parks, the bus stop is always the last in line. Long walk when so tired!
We have stayed at Music, but in a regular room not a Family Suite. It looks like the Suites at AoA are about 30 square feet larger than Music.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:38 AM   #5
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I've only stayed in an All Star Family Suite. Got to say I'm not a fan of the layout of the ones at AoA. Whoever put the kitchenette right next to one of the fold out beds is an idiot. At ASMu the kitchenette has a little nook of it's own. I also wouldn't like having a table you would have to clear every night to turn it into a bed, as you do at AoA.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:09 PM   #6
canadianmom2three
DIS Veteran

Great thread! We planning a december trip for our family, my sister and her family and my mom. We are a family of 5 so I was looking at the AoA suites and the ASM suites and trying to decide which one would be better. My sister and my mom would just get standard rooms I think. ASM is a bit cheaper, but the AoA theming would be fantastic for my sister's kids who are younger. Was going to try for connecting rooms for my sister and me so that her kids could spread out into our living space too - is there connecting rooms to the suites at both ASM and AoA then? We also have the POR AB rooms and CSR suites on our short list (since they are the only other options for 5 that aren't too $$$), but I really like the idea of a suite for more privacy and bathroom space. We were a bit jammed in the POR room last time we were there.....although it is the cheapest of all the options by far!!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #7
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianmom2three View Post
is there connecting rooms to the suites at both ASM and AoA then?
There are no connecting suites at either resort.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:21 PM   #8
BSchaal57
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for letting me know that. Problem is trying to find a resort that has 2 beds (can be double) and a pull out couch or a daybed. My one daughter has problems with her legs so she is better sleeping in a bed alone so no one bumps them but I have my other daughter,plus my hubby and I.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:30 PM   #9
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchaal57 View Post
Thank you so much for letting me know that. Problem is trying to find a resort that has 2 beds (can be double) and a pull out couch or a daybed. My one daughter has problems with her legs so she is better sleeping in a bed alone so no one bumps them but I have my other daughter,plus my hubby and I.
How about POR? The rooms in the bayou section sleep 5. They have 2 queen sized beds and one fold down bed.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:49 PM   #10
Deb123
Mouseketeer

We've stayed in the ASMSuites. They are great! Way better layout in my opinion than AOA! There is a queen size bed in the bedroom. The, in the living room, the sofa makes out into a double bed. Also a chair makes out into a twin sized bed PLUS the ottoman folds out into another twin sized bed. Perfect for kids (and adults) who want their own sleeping arrangements with no bed sharing! Also, like the previous post stated, the kitchen is in it's own nook-perfect so you won't disturb anyone sleeping while in there.
Deb123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: