Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Any adult Dis'ers into Hardcore Metal?

(I changed the title of this thread from Black metal to Hardcore metal. No metal discrimination here!)

.......I might be able to go over to the Teen Forums and find someone who does, but no thanks. OR post it on the CB and get bashed.....no thanks....

I am SO bored with the conversations on the CB. They are just not me.

Not into what problems kid's have with their teachers, my political/religious views are certainly not like others, so I steer clear of those threads, god forbid you have an opinion

I can count on one hand the Dis'ers that even know who Type O Negative, Pantera (Down), Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth, Slip Knot , Slayer, Exodus, Testament, Soulfly, Cavalera Conspiracy are....need I go on?

Anyone get psyched about Metal concerts, or just that a song you like is on the radio? Anyone listen to Sirius Hard Attack and love it? Can't live without it? Do you hear Ministry's rendition of Roadhouse Blues and freak out, while other's say....what the heck is that....? Do you find people strange who think American Idol music is................good?

Just wondering..... or maybe I am the weird one, but I doubt it.......

Just curious........

I still love my freaps and my CF peeps

......Me and DH

Last edited by maddhatir; 05-14-2009 at 09:18 AM.
maddhatir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
Keneke
Imagineer at heart

Well, metal is kinda different from anything Disney, but no one has to be completely one-track, so it's cool.

I liked the 90's stuff - Metallica, mostly. I also watch Metalocalypse cause it's, you know, brutal.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2008, 03:41 PM   #3
Mayhem2008
Slipknot lovin' Maggot!

Well, Madd, you know me. Die hard Knot fan and lover all of all things metal.
Of course I'm trash so what do I know
There's got to be more of us on here! Come on, where are you people? What shows are you going to this summer? You can't all be into Hanna Montana and the Jonas Brothers!

ETA: love the new line in your sig....let's all sing "I Am Hated"!
Mayhem2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #4
jadedbeauty14304
DIS Veteran

I can get down to some Ministry, Slip Knot, and Slayer, but my true musical love is more old school punk. I love me some Social distortion, and Minor Threat. I saw Godsmack, Flogging Molly, Five Finger Death Punch, Korn, Rob Zombie, and Lincoln Park last year, but they are not quite as heavy as you like.

But I respect some good old black death thrash scream metal
Old 06-13-2008, 06:22 PM   #5
*Emily*
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddhatir View Post
Do you find people strange who think American Idol music is................good?
Absolutely! Drives me crazy when everyone around me at work has that pop crap on their radios and they give me looks when they catch a little of Black Magic!

I don't make it to many shows anymore. It's definitely a different experience when you can actually buy the alcohol as opposed to having to sneak it in. Guess that's what they call growing up!
January 2008 WL
March 2008 POP & PPP
Sept. 2008 & Sept.2009 POP w/Free Dining & MNSSHP
January 2011 POR
September 2011 POP
September 2012 ASSp
January 2013 Offsite
March 2013 Offsite
June 2013 Offsite
August 2013 POP
*Emily* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #6
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Do you find people strange who think American Idol music is................good?
I have never watched one episode of American Idol.

But not much into metal either. More into the jam bands, the Dead, Phish, MMW, Phil, Keller, Umphreys.
ahoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #7
mommytomy3
Mouseketeer

I used to listen to that ALL the time when I was in high school(grad. '87).. Slayer was my favorite, and I saw them at least 4 times.. I loved Tom Araya! I was also a big Suicidal Tendencies fan. But I havent listened in a l-o-n-g time!
That doesnt mean I dont still like it though!

Now I'm Mommy to my 4 !!
mommytomy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:08 PM   #8
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedbeauty14304 View Post
I can get down to some Ministry, Slip Knot, and Slayer, but my true musical love is more old school punk. I love me some Social distortion, and Minor Threat. I saw Godsmack, Flogging Molly, Five Finger Death Punch, Korn, Rob Zombie, and Lincoln Park last year, but they are not quite as heavy as you like.

But I respect some good old black death thrash scream metal

No! I LOVE Godsmack- (luv Sully! ) Rob Zombie and Korn are nice and crunchy! I love crunch! (That is how I descrive the music anyway )

I am not into Punk- they play a little one Hard Attack during specials and I just can't get into it. But I did listen though.

And I can't forget Marilyn

Going to see Type O Negative July 2nd!

......Me and DH
Old 06-13-2008, 08:13 PM   #9
maddhatir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem2008 View Post
Well, Madd, you know me. Die hard Knot fan and lover all of all things metal.
Of course I'm trash so what do I know
There's got to be more of us on here! Come on, where are you people? What shows are you going to this summer? You can't all be into Hanna Montana and the Jonas Brothers!

ETA: love the new line in your sig....let's all sing "I Am Hated"!

Yes- I mentioed elsewhere that my poor friend's little girl had me lsitening to the Jonas Brothers on her IPod I said if the poor kid only knew what kind of music I was into she would probably run screaming.

But I just listened to her talk on and on about how cute they were

Hey Mayhem, I love the way the "normal" people look at the concert goers waiting to get into the venue for one of "our concerts- I think some of them want to cross the street b/c they are afraid we will attack! And to look at me, you would not have a clue I was into this kinda music- but I can see the looks they give other people.......TRASH! Who's callin' who TRASH!

......Me and DH
Old 06-13-2008, 08:22 PM   #10
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Well, I'm not really "into" some of the bands you mentioned but I do listen to them. It can be very hard to help a band with gear when you don't know what they play. LOL Ministry, Type O, Dimmu, Behemoth Slip Knot, Testament, Slayer.....not to mention Flogging Molly, FFDP, Korn, Rob Zombie, Metallica, Bullet for my Valentine, Iron Maiden....... and then there are the pop and country acts I work with. I do prefer country myself but I can totally get into the head banging...and can I just say, Kerry King is soooooooooooo nice and so is Eric w/Testament....I love those guys. And Kerry was super nice, even when I was totally stupid and said "I'm Kerri too, with an I" ROFL!!!! I felt like such an idiot......LOL So ya, I love me some good metal and rock, the problem can be finding the GOOD stuff. LOL

good lord, I almost for Sully and Godsmack, one of my absolute favorite bands!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:33 PM   #11
Tink888
Wishing I Was At World Showcase

Quote:
Not into what problems kid's have with their teachers, my political/religious views are certainly not like others, so I steer clear of those threads, god forbid you have an opinion
I can relate to that. I'll be spending another 4th of July picnic listening to a group of moms talk about dance class again. Makes me want to scratch my eyes out. Not that there's anything wrong with dance, but there's got to be more to talk about than that for 4 hours, you know?

I like a lot of the old stuff, I kind of mellowed out as I got older. Really into Linkin Park and the Foo Fighters. My 11 year old son is major into Metallica right now. I love that about him. No Jonas Brothers for us!
Tink888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:15 PM   #12
Clifton
Earning My Wizardhat

The deep screaming cracks me up, especially when mosh pittin occurs. I'm startin to like Tem Masked Men for they cover pop songs like Britney, Madonna, Christina, Coolio, Ricky Martin, and my most favorate when they cover "I'm Blue".
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:49 PM   #13
maddhatir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton View Post
The deep screaming cracks me up, especially when mosh pittin occurs.
I, myself, like to refer to it as....growling.....

......Me and DH
Old 06-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #14
maddhatir

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Emily* View Post
Absolutely! Drives me crazy when everyone around me at work has that pop crap on their radios and they give me looks when they catch a little of Black Magic!
Don't ya just love it!? People who listen to the most brainless music ever look at YOU like YOU are crazy b/c of the music you listen too.............go figure......

......Me and DH
Old 06-13-2008, 10:01 PM   #15
maddhatir

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Well, I'm not really "into" some of the bands you mentioned but I do listen to them. It can be very hard to help a band with gear when you don't know what they play. LOL Ministry, Type O, Dimmu, Behemoth Slip Knot, Testament, Slayer.....not to mention Flogging Molly, FFDP, Korn, Rob Zombie, Metallica, Bullet for my Valentine, Iron Maiden....... and then there are the pop and country acts I work with. I do prefer country myself but I can totally get into the head banging...and can I just say, Kerry King is soooooooooooo nice and so is Eric w/Testament....I love those guys. And Kerry was super nice, even when I was totally stupid and said "I'm Kerri too, with an I" ROFL!!!! I felt like such an idiot......LOL So ya, I love me some good metal and rock, the problem can be finding the GOOD stuff. LOL

good lord, I almost for Sully and Godsmack, one of my absolute favorite bands!

Kerri, what actually is it that you do for the bands! That's pretty cool that you met Kerry King! He is one scary lookin' dude, but it does not surprise me that he would be a sweetie pie!

I love listening to some of the interviews on Hard Attack with the bands. They are hilarious and they all sound like just some guys you wanna hang out with and have a laugh!

Today I heard an interview with Vampire Mooose. I believe it was the lead singer who was saying how he is a foster father for kids, who's parents that he knows, that are going to rehab for drugs~~ I just thought that was so cool!

......Me and DH

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: