Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #871
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

What lovely photos. I haven't been to CBR since 09 but I would love to visit again. Maybe I will stop there for lunch in August.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #872
gg060571
Earning My Ears

The pics are great, I was a little skeptical staying here because of all the negative reviews about how big and run down the resort is, but after seeing all the pics I can't wait to get there and enjoy the resort. I was hoping to skip the watermarks this time around in Lu of the beautiful pool and kids play area for my ds(5)......Aug 28 seems sooooo far away
gg060571 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #873
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg060571 View Post
The pics are great, I was a little skeptical staying here because of all the negative reviews about how big and run down the resort is, but after seeing all the pics I can't wait to get there and enjoy the resort. I was hoping to skip the watermarks this time around in Lu of the beautiful pool and kids play area for my ds(5)......Aug 28 seems sooooo far away
I felt just like you and was worried about staying at CBR b/c of all the bad reviews. I have to say though that after staying there last fall I am really confused as to why there's so much negativity around CBR. We loved everything about the resort. It's beautiful, very realxing and has one of the best pools on property, imo. We also had no issues at all with the buses. I'm not sure if that was because we went in early November when it wasn't crowded or what. I think maybe most of the bad reviews come from people who travel during the busy summer season, but when you add masses of people into any equation, you are going to lose some of the magic. I don't think that has anything to do with CBR specifically though. The only thing that I thought was a ligitimate complaint was that some of the buildings are very far away from OPR. I knew that going in though and made sure I asked for one of the buildings that is closest to the pool and food court. Other than that, I just can't imagine what there would be to complain about. As for the resort being run down... that one really boggles my mind. All the rooms have recently been refurbed and they look great! And I thought the resort itself was extremely well groomed. The lawns were perfectly manicured and there are lush tropical plants and flowers everywhere. My advice to you would be to not worry about those reviews at all. I think you are going to love CBR and see that is a jewel among Disney resorts! Besides, you have to take people's opinions (including mine ) with a grain of salt because you'll never know until you go!

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 05-01-2012 at 07:50 AM.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #874
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I felt just like you and was worried about staying at CBR b/c of all the bad reviews. I have to say though that after staying there last fall I am really confused as to why there's so much negativity around CBR. We loved everything about the resort. It's beautiful, very realxing and has one of the best pools on property, imo. We also had no issues at all with the buses. I'm not sure if that was because we went in early November when it wasn't crowded or what. I think maybe most of the bad reviews come from people who travel during the busy summer season, but when you add masses of people into any equation, you are going to lose some of the magic. I don't think that has anything to do with CBR specifically though. The only thing that I thought was a ligitimate complaint was that some of the buildings are very far away from OPR. I knew that going in though and made sure I asked for one of the buildings that is closest to the pool and food court. Other than that, I just can't imagine what there would be to complain about. As for the resort being run down... that one really boggles my mind. All the rooms have recently been refurbed and they look great! And I thought the resort itself was extremely well groomed. The lawns were perfectly manicured and there are lush tropical plants and flowers everywhere. My advice to you would be to not worry about those reviews at all. I think you are going to love CBR and see that is a jewel among Disney resorts! Besides, you have to take people's opinions (including mine ) with a grain of salt because you'll never know until you go!
i agree. I was just there a couple weeks ago and I didn't see anything at all that could be considered "run down". I thought the grounds were gorgeous and the rooms while certainly not "luxury", were better than fine, IMO. I also knew about the big size so was sure to book a preferred room. I guess if you had no idea how big it was and got a room that was far away, I could see how someone would be upset, but if that were the case, I would just request to be moved.
We had absolutely no problem with the buses either.
I guess it all comes down to taste. For example, I shudder at the thought of staying at the Contemporary. I do not like the theming at all. We walked around when there for the Pirate & Pals cruise and it really kind of creeped me out. I don't think I'd stay there if it were free.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #875
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urugami View Post
We stayed in Bldg 32 just last week; I think I shot a vid while walking to our room. I'll check and see if it's helpful.
That would be great, how did you like that area ?

maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #876
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
I certainly don't have any great (quality) photos, but I will post a couple from last week:

having breakfast by the water.

looking down from our 2nd floor room:

this was right outside our room (Martinique 25)

pic of our building (Martinique 25)

behind old port royale

another view of martinique 25

um, yeah, he probably shouldnt have had his feet in there, lol.

hot tub

Thats so funny about his feet in the fountain Your photos are fantastic, thanks for sharing them
Did you request building 25 and did you like that area ? After seeing all the beautiful photos I think I have finally made the decision to stay at CBR in October !

Last edited by maryj11; 05-01-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:57 AM   #877
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

i put in a request for Mart. 25 or Trinidad North 31. I booked preferred so I knew I'd get something in one of those villages.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
Old 05-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #878
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
i put in a request for Mart. 25 or Trinidad North 31. I booked preferred so I knew I'd get something in one of those villages.
Ok we are going to book preferred also.

Last edited by maryj11; 05-02-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #879
gg060571
Earning My Ears

Maybe I should call back and change from standard to preferred but I hate parting with 160 dollars....I am not afraid to walk are the room rediculously far from main pool....I had the farthest room at movies resort and did not mind the walk....would that be comparable? Or maybe the 160 would be money well spent...hmmm
gg060571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #880
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

i bet if you put in a request for closest buildg. possible to OPR, you'll get something fairly close, but if you want to be guaranteed to be close, then spend the $
Old 05-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #881
jdd
DIS Veteran

Leaving tomorrow

Any requests? I know someone asked about the fountain drink offerings - any other questions, let me know and I'll do my best
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #882
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maybe I should call back and change from standard to preferred but I hate parting with 160 dollars....I am not afraid to walk are the room rediculously far from main pool....I had the farthest room at movies resort and did not mind the walk....would that be comparable? Or maybe the 160 would be money well spent...hmmm
I think it would be worth it to book preferred in such a large resort. I have walked before at other resorts and it is not fun especially when you have walked all day in the parks.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #883
justsyd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd View Post
Leaving tomorrow

Any requests? I know someone asked about the fountain drink offerings - any other questions, let me know and I'll do my best
Coffee pot in room, please. I am wondering if they take pods.

Have a magical trip!!
May 26-June 2nd, 2010-All Star Music
November 22-27, 2008-All-Star Movies Resort
July 4-10th, 2006-Pop Century Resort
justsyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #884
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wouldn't book preferred. I actually enjoy the walking to take in the beauty - esp. in the am when going to get coffee. You say you do not mind a walk, and there is no guarantee that you will have to walk super far. We stayed at the farthest building in Barbados, and have stayed at the farthest building in Aruba and didn't feel bad about the walk at all.
I also think there's something about fast walking vs. slow walking. I walked for a living at a good pace del. mail for hours and don't mind a quick walk to OPR. However, slow walking in the parks is what does you in, I found.

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #885
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree with the above poster. If you request building 45 or 51 you will be less than 5 minutes from Center Town and OPR. We stayed in 45 and it was the perfect location. There's a quiet pool and laundry facility within 2 minutes, a beach and playground right behind the building, and you just walk over the bridge and through Caribbean Cay and you're at OPR. The walk to OPR is gorgeous too so you won't even mind!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: