Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2008, 11:56 AM   #1501
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

More to the crashers story....oh boy!
Lynn5700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #1502
OrlandoMike
all I can say is beer hurts when it comes out of your nose!
I don't think we hijacked Halloween, we just do a better job at it!

Mr. Mike, plain ole head

DISboards Moderator

I told you to let me take care of security, but NOOOOO!
OrlandoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2008, 12:16 PM   #1503
rpmdfw
I feel similarly about the cha-cha, electric slide, and mambo #5
Bridezilla, Groomzilla and Gayzilla all rolled into one

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoMike View Post
I told you to let me take care of security, but NOOOOO!
Having you and Shrek "frisking" every cute male guest wouldn't have set the right tone!
rpmdfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:25 PM   #1504
DVC~OKW~96
I'm not big on gold as a color. As a metal...that's another story
Spreading the word is an important thing!

I love the mingling! What a great way to actually enjoy your guests.

At first I thought you were kidding about the crashers. I thought, "Surely not. No one is that ignorant in this day and age." Wrong, aren't I? I'm really sorry that happened, but I'm hoping it didn't mar the day for either of you.

Looking forward to reading more!!!

I look into the window of my mind
Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind
I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I am on my way
Can't stop me now
And you can do the same
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
It's never too late to try
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
Heather Small
DVC~OKW~96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:30 PM   #1505
wallyb
Love My Stella-rella!
Crocs are Crack for Feet!
On ‘the list’ so treading carefully

I'm shocked and appalled at the Idea someone actually crashed.
And that's big for me.
Is this chick on this board somewhere?
Let's crash into her - Hard!
wallyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:02 PM   #1506
mickeyfan1
Come and let me show you my tatoo
Let me drive you crazy.....

Rob, I too am shocked that people would crash your wedding. Hello, it is one thing for people here to tease about it and when that started to get over the top and you asked us to stop, I think we did, but it is another to actually do it, just because they "know" you from the club. Not only should the crashers be slapped, but their mother's too for not teaching them any manners.

I am thrilled that I have been able to be at your wedding through all the reports and pictures.
mickeyfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:10 PM   #1507
Saxton
DIS Veteran

Rob - you and Scott look great in your suits, the 2 shades of blue look nice together. And I'm shocked over the crashers too, I can't imagine how it could get worse ... but it sounds like it did. Can't wait to see more pictures!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:01 PM   #1508
rpmdfw

Okay, let me get the rest of the crasher story out of the way, so I can concentrate on recapping the fun stuff.

First off, yes, they did come to the reception. But that's because I surprised them by asking them to come. Here's why: while talking to my uncle Barry the night before I'd been told that my cousin Michael had missed his plane and wouldn't be making it to the wedding. And Kelly's new girlfriend Katie had been scheduled to join her, but had to cancel at the last minute as well. So we had at least two paid for meals and two paid for drink packages that no one was going to use. My thought was: "well, they wanted to be be here for us, so why the heck not." I didn't know how badly the "Ms. Crasher" had behaved prior to our ceremony, though. If I had, I wouldn't have asked them.

So here's the deal. We had several of the Adventurers Club performers that were guests at the wedding. We invited them because many of them have become friends of ours, and because we have been social with them away from the Adventurers Club as well. We were very conscious of the fact that they were going to be there in their "civvies" the day after the club closed, and wanted to make sure that nobody got all starstruck or stalkerish with them. (Trust me, some of the "regulars" that used to go to the Adventurers Club every single night were CRAZY and stalking performers happened a number of times.) We were confident that the people on our guest list could be counted on to not behave badly. Turns out we were right about our invited guests. We just missed the boat, thinking that the crashers would be harmless.

So, while we're in taking pictures, and everyone else is out in the Main Salon being social. Ms. Crasher plants herself between two of the more popular performers, pulls out her cell phone and starts calling people. "You'll NEVER believe where I am and who I'm sitting with!" Bragging away, acting like the performers where collectibles and she'd just pin-traded for them.

When we found out she'd done this, we were MORTIFIED! Clearly, they weren't there to share our day with us, they were there to be at the club at a special event after it had closed and to be able to "hang out with the cast".

Scott and I are so embarassed that such behavior took place at our event, and are quite upset that our graciously allowing them to stay after they showed up uninvited was repaid with such rude behavior. And we feel so badly for the performers who had to endure being objectified so she could feel special. I'm eternally gratefull to them that they didn't make a scene (which they were well within their rights to do), but I plan on apologizing to them as soon as I see them again (those that I haven't already done so, that is)

They also pulled one of the smaller tables at the Atlantic Dance Hall over to a table where several of the cast members were sitting at the reception, and I'm told monopolized the conversation. At the reception they were loud and obnoxious (especially with the glass clinking thing, which I found very annoying).

So that's what I didn't know at the time, that would have changed everything had I known earlier. We were told all about it at the Hospitality Suite after the reception.

The thing is, they're a very well-off couple with two sons in their mid-twenties. You can't even blame it on "being young". I guess it just goes to show that age does not neccessarily bring wisdom, and money does not buy class.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:02 PM   #1509
WithDisneySpirit
DIS Veteran

I simply cannot imagine what I would do in the same situation - I wouldn't want a scene but I also would hate to see their faces in my wedding pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:34 PM   #1510
Dale-n-Chip
Obsessive Vacation Planner Spontaneity is not in my genetic makeup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan1 View Post
Not only should the crashers be slapped, but their mother's too for not teaching them any manners.
Can I get an Amen?!

People amaze me.

Love the updates. You're a great storyteller, Rob.

Hey, when do you think you'll have the photos from Randy? (How weird is it I'm so excited about your wedding photos? Don't answer that. )

mk

Chip Dale
Dale-n-Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #1511
rpmdfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale-n-Chip View Post
Aw, shucks. You're gonna make me BLUSH!

Quote:
Hey, when do you think you'll have the photos from Randy? (How weird is it I'm so excited about your wedding photos? Don't answer that. )

mk
Hopefully soon! Should be any day now. I'm DYING to see them! (plus we're holding off on doing thank-you notes until we can put wallet sized photos in them . . . )
Old 10-21-2008, 09:53 PM   #1512
jenn&nelsonrego
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP Happiness is marrying someone you can annoy for the rest of your life!

You know Rob... you really would have been better off if ALL of US had crashed your wedding as opposed to these two! We are much more well behaved (we would have kenneled the goat).

I am so sorry this happened to you. There was a moment at my wedding that I did not find out about until a year later (and sometimes I wish I had never been told about).... If you want to know about it ~ let me know...
Old 10-21-2008, 09:58 PM   #1513
kingLouiethe1
Banned at Fred Segal's, unpleasantness, harsh words, legs broken, not talking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdfw View Post
I guess it just goes to show that age does not neccessarily bring wisdom, and money does not buy class.
I should have totally crashed! I would have been a better surprise guest than those people!

I am young and wise and have class gushing out my ***.

Quote:
Can I get an Amen?!

People amaze me.

mk

I'm super excited to see Randy's photos too
kingLouiethe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #1514
kingLouiethe1
Banned at Fred Segal's, unpleasantness, harsh words, legs broken, not talking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn&nelsonrego View Post
You know Rob... you really would have been better off if ALL of US had crashed your wedding as opposed to these two! We are much more well behaved (we would have kenneled the goat).

I am so sorry this happened to you. There was a moment at my wedding that I did not find out about until a year later (and sometimes I wish I had never been told about).... If you want to know about it ~ let me know...
I want to know!
kingLouiethe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:10 AM   #1515
pyr8freak87
Earning My Ears

Well i hope your don't mind if i put my two cents in...first off i would like to congratulate you two on the wonderful day.

Second, I have had so much fun reading this thread and

Lastly, I can't believe the nerve of some people. I can't imagine the shock and horror when you heard that. I'm sorry to hear about the crashers but hope overall your guests had a wonderful experience (minus that little incidence)
pyr8freak87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: