Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
Imagineeer
Earning My Ears

Disney dating?? (am i crazy?)

Hey Everybody
So my name is zach, Im 18 years old with a strong love for disney parks! and i think it would be nice to find some one who shares that love. I live in canada, and am mostly just putting this out here out of curiosity... is there a disney travel buddy for me? XD
Imagineeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
DisneyGuy
Mouseketeer

Hi,

Welcome!

No, you're not crazy! I too, would like to find that someone who enjoys Disney as much as I do. It's getting more and more difficult to find someone to travel with because they've either already gone with me or just don't "get it" like I do. They enjoyed it, yes, but are getting tired of it and would rather lay on a beach chair with a drink than put up with Disney parks. I, personally, do not get sick of it and would much rather be in the parks being entertained than "relaxing" for an entire week.

I've always been crazy about Disney, and the parks are just magical for me. I will pay the Disney premium to stay at their resorts, visit their parks and pay more to go on a Disney cruise that is going to the same place as another cruise line simply because Disney provides that "magic" that I can't find anywhere else. Do I have a good time doing other things? YES, but I just prefer Disney.
DisneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineeer View Post
Hey Everybody
So my name is zach, Im 18 years old with a strong love for disney parks! and i think it would be nice to find some one who shares that love. I live in canada, and am mostly just putting this out here out of curiosity... is there a disney travel buddy for me? XD
Hey fellow Canuck!!! Yes there's lots of Disney lovers on here I actually met my best friend here on the Dis Love WDW, DL, DCL and DLP!!! Where abouts in Canada are you
?
Old 04-21-2013, 12:51 AM   #4
lego606
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuy View Post
Hi,

Welcome!

No, you're not crazy! I too, would like to find that someone who enjoys Disney as much as I do. It's getting more and more difficult to find someone to travel with because they've either already gone with me or just don't "get it" like I do. They enjoyed it, yes, but are getting tired of it and would rather lay on a beach chair with a drink than put up with Disney parks. I, personally, do not get sick of it and would much rather be in the parks being entertained than "relaxing" for an entire week.

I've always been crazy about Disney, and the parks are just magical for me. I will pay the Disney premium to stay at their resorts, visit their parks and pay more to go on a Disney cruise that is going to the same place as another cruise line simply because Disney provides that "magic" that I can't find anywhere else. Do I have a good time doing other things? YES, but I just prefer Disney.
omg yes. This is exactly my thoughts.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
LetsGoToo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego606 View Post

Mine too! XD
LetsGoToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
Disney4aLifetime
Living a Disney Life

You will find that person. Disney fans tend to find other Disney fans very easily!

Partner Mark and I are Disney-World-bound, October2013
Ken

http://livingadisneylife.blogspot.com/
(Our blog account of a couple's journey to relocate to be near Disney)
Disney4aLifetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #7
DisneyGuy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego606 View Post
Always nice to meet others who "get it" and have the same appreciation for the Disney magic as I do!
DisneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:40 AM   #8
Mos20
Earning My Ears

It is very hard out there. I feel your pain. There is a site called Dis Dates. I think it's just disdates.com It's not too bad of a site. I haven't had luck with it though. It seems like people don't go onto it too often. What makes it harder for me is finding a straight male that shares my Disney, which seems impossible. Give it a try and good luck!.
Mos20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #9
Taytortots
Mouseketeer

Yes, all of this exactly.
(I'm also Canadian)
I have never, once, dated someone who liked Disney. Of course, 'liked' would be settling in that department because I'm fairly crazy about Disney (and by fairly I mean A LOT)
I wish I could find more people that shared this love with me to travel with!
Even my family (Who I travel with and have for years) who enjoy Disney are nowhere near where I am. They even ask why I plan with crowd levels etc (they really have no idea it's me behind the strings making their vacation work).
I need a Disney best friend or partner! And I need them soon!
Taytortots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #10
Mos20
Earning My Ears

Too bad you're so far away. I have one crazy obsessed Disney friend here in New Jersey that will go to Disney World with me any chance he gets. We always wanted to try to get a NJ Disney Fanatics group together but we can't find anyone else. : ( We are also crazy Disney collectors too. If you have facebook you can find me at mos20@aol.com to see all my stuff. I'm a season pass holder and usually get there at least 3 times a year.
Mos20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dating, gay disney, gay friends, single

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: