Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #16
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran

Look forward to it
Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:09 AM   #17
PPFQP
DIS Veteran

Here are some pictures from our sailboat trip to the BVI in January 2006. We are going back in June - can't wait!

Cruise Ships at Tortola I do not know whether this is the same facility that Disney will use. This was taken from the water, so I don't know where it is physically located on land.

On the beach at Cane Garden Bay. Yes, there was a little straw market there. I bought a beach towel/bag. There was also a restaurant with really good drinks and burgers. Great happy hour prices, but I think that didn't happen until the cruise ship groups had left for the day.

Here's another one that shows how shallow and calm the beach was at Cane Garden Bay. I think it would be a great option for people with young kids.

The Baths - someone mentioned this as a potential excursion option. The Baths are on a different island. Here's a picture in the boulders:

And here's one from the "Top of the Baths." We hiked up to the trail to the restaurant and this is a picture of the view back towards the water. One of those boats down there was ours, but I can't remember which one.

Previous Cruises:
Disney Magic Western Itinerary Spring Break 2005
RCCL Monarch of the Seas 4-Night Baja Mexico March 2007
RCCL Mariner of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Christmas Cruise 2007
Disney Magic Eastern Itinerary Spring Break 2009
RCCL Navigator of the Seas Mediterranean July 2010
Disney Wonder Alaska June 2011

Last edited by PPFQP; 05-21-2008 at 09:18 AM.
PPFQP is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2008, 09:25 AM   #18
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPFQP View Post
Here are some pictures from our sailboat trip to the BVI in January 2006. We are going back in June - can't wait!

Cruise Ships at Tortola I do not know whether this is the same facility that Disney will use. This was taken from the water, so I don't know where it is physically located on land.

On the beach at Cane Garden Bay. Yes, there was a little straw market there. I bought a beach towel/bag. There was also a restaurant with really good drinks and burgers. Great happy hour prices, but I think that didn't happen until the cruise ship groups had left for the day.

Here's another one that shows how shallow and calm the beach was at Cane Garden Bay. I think it would be a great option for people with young kids.

The Baths - someone mentioned this as a potential excursion option. The Baths are on a different island. Here's a picture in the boulders:

And here's one from the "Top of the Baths." We hiked up to the trail to the restaurant and this is a picture of the view back towards the water. One of those boats down there was ours, but I can't remember which one.

Beautiful pics!!
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:44 PM   #19
dizfan
DIS Veteran

Great pics PPFQP

Thanks for posting the additional pics.

Now, all I need is one of the famous Painkiller's made by the local bars/restaurants on Tortola.

One more note on the restaurant at the top of the Baths, it also has a swimming pool (making it safer for children).

I e-mailed Disney about the Baths. At this time, they are still in the planning stages on the Excursions they will offer. It probably depends on what other cruise ships are in port that day.

Dan
dizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #20
RLccweems
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizfan View Post

Now, all I need is one of the famous Painkiller's made by the local bars/restaurants on Tortola.

One more note on the restaurant at the top of the Baths, it also has a swimming pool (making it safer for children).

I e-mailed Disney about the Baths. At this time, they are still in the planning stages on the Excursions they will offer. It probably depends on what other cruise ships are in port that day.

Dan

Okay...I'm going to ask...what's in the famous painkiller?
Old 05-21-2008, 07:35 PM   #21
dizfan
DIS Veteran

Painkiller recipe

Wouldn't you know, just when I'm thirsty for one, I can't find the recipe I had.

Here's one I found on the Internet.
2 oz Pusser's® dark rum
1 oz cream of coconut
4 oz pineapple juice
1 oz orange juice

Shake or stir ingredients, and pour over ice in a tall glass. Sprinkle nutmeg on top, and serve. (Strongly suggest using freshly grated nutmeg, it makes a world of difference).

I'm not a fan of coconut, but this drink is mighty tasty. My personal preference is to use a different rum than Pusser's. Pusser's is an acquired taste and after a beach bar at Smuggler's Cove made one with another rum, I was hooked.

I think there are two Pusser's restaurants on the island, including one in Road Town. Many thirsty travelers have stopped in here.
dizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:33 AM   #22
PPFQP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here's a picture of the pool:

Previous Cruises:
Old 05-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #23
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

I can't wait!!! Absolutely gorgeous pictures!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #24
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

Oh and the painkiller recipe sounds right up my alley!!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:24 AM   #25
RLccweems
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wouldn't you know, just when I'm thirsty for one, I can't find the recipe I had.

Here's one I found on the Internet.
2 oz Pusser's® dark rum
1 oz cream of coconut
4 oz pineapple juice
1 oz orange juice

Shake or stir ingredients, and pour over ice in a tall glass. Sprinkle nutmeg on top, and serve. (Strongly suggest using freshly grated nutmeg, it makes a world of difference).

I'm not a fan of coconut, but this drink is mighty tasty. My personal preference is to use a different rum than Pusser's. Pusser's is an acquired taste and after a beach bar at Smuggler's Cove made one with another rum, I was hooked.

I think there are two Pusser's restaurants on the island, including one in Road Town. Many thirsty travelers have stopped in here.

This has everything I love in it...I'll be having one or two of these!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:43 AM   #26
KayR
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Dan
The Baths looks and sounds like the sort of place we would want to go. Sand, Sea, food and ROCKS! Was the snorkeling good there?

Maybe if we all email DCL and ask about the Rocks as an excursion, they will know that we want it. What email address should I email to?

Thanks for the pics - they look great.

-Kay

Previous Trips
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
KayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:56 AM   #27
PPFQP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayR View Post
Was the snorkeling good there?
It wasn't great on the day we were there as it was a bit rough and windy. But I think that our friends said they had snorkled there on the last trip, so I guess it just depends on the conditions.

Previous Cruises:
Old 05-22-2008, 11:27 AM   #28
Disney Fans
Disney Fans

Thanks!! Can't wait!!!