Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #31
Jenvenza
Ratted out her husband's lack of pony knowledge for a tag!

I love your report and all your pictures!! Cant wait to see more.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:55 PM   #32
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Great report!! I love your pictures...you got some great ones from the Nemo ride and I think the one with Stitch eating ice cream is AWESOME!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2008, 10:37 PM   #33
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

Thank you guys...it's nice to see some people on my thread!
The pictures in Nemo are taken by my DD, I was in one clam with my son and she was in an other clam, flashing away and I was trying to get her to stop ha! It's a good thing that my Mom was in the other Clam, so she was kind off sandwiched between the 2 clams... just hope she did not bother anybody else!

2003- DisneyWorld, off-site / 2004 - DisneyWorld, OKW/
2005 - Disneyland, off-site / 2006 - Jan 30th Coronado Spring 2007 - OKW/SSR / 2008 - OKW / 2009-OKW/ 2010 vacation home
trip report/4 gals and a boy 2008
Old 07-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #34
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

May 7th, Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom is my DD's favorite park, she loves animals ( all kind).

We walked in and slowly made our way through the crowd. I went ahead and got Fastpasses for E.E.

When I got back to the rest of the family, my DD was taking pictures of this goose. It was fallowing her everywhere. Cute!!!

I'm not sure of the order that we did things, but here is what we did ha! ha!
We were walking around enjoying the park and the animals, when we saw Devine, it was my first time seing her and I was so happy, I tried to film her but for some reason I had a lot of trouble with my video camera on this trip and it started to bug up, so I only took pictures.

We decided to head for Dinosaur and on our way there, we notice only a 5 min wait for It's tough to be a bug, so we went in... I love that show!!!
Taken on our way in..

What a wonderful, funny show, after a good laugh, we walked to Dinosaur, and again no wait, so we just walked in. My Mom stayed outside, she says that it's too rough for her, but my son came in and enjoyed it, so did my DD, but she's a little dare devil that one ha!

My DD wanted to take some pictures of the dinosaurs outside, so we walked around and she took some good ones, and I decided to take a few funny ones also.

We then ended up in Finding Nemo the musical.. a wonderful show for the entire family, my Mom really enjoyed it, and it was a nice break from the heat.
By the end of the show, it was time for E.E. My DSis, DD and I went in, it was their first time and they were nervous. My DD got over her fear, pretty quick, but my DSis was sitting in the back of me, with a single rider, it was her 4th time in a row... As soon as we started to move, all I could hear was my DSis saying, what am I doing here, Dear God, what did I go do! Oh! my God, Oh! My God ! ha! ha! The other person was laughing so hard!

After the ride, I bought my DD a lovely Yeti, for riding E.E., maybe I should have bought one for my DSis too ha! ha!
We had lunch (After E.E, very important) at Restaurantosaurus, where we enjoyed a typical MacDonald's food. My DSis and I took the maderin salad, the kids and my Mom took cheesebugers.
After lunch we walked some more, took more pictures before leaving and getting ready for our ADR at House of Blues.
We really enjoyed the park and it's animals and the entertainment here and there!

2005 - Disneyland, off-site / 2006 - Jan 30th Coronado Spring 2007 - OKW/SSR / 2008 - OKW / 2009-OKW/ 2010 vacation home
Old 07-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #35
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

May 7th Part 2, House of Blues

After a wonderful time in Animal Kingdom, we freshened up and we were off to House of Blues.
We took the pontoon from OKW, a relaxing way to get to our destination

It was our first time to House of Blues and it won't be our last, our waiter was attentive to what my kids wanted and they came up with a Spaghetti with marinara sauce, shrimp and chicken.

We started with the skillet baked rosemary cornbread, with maple butter.

My DSis and I shared the Creole Jambalaya (it doesn't look big from the pictures, but believe me, it's HUGE

My Mom had the Crispy fried chicken tenders

The meal was wonderful and the atmosphere is fun, I really recommend this place

We did some more shopping and stopped at a cute magic shop where I bought my son a magic kit for his coming birthday.

We got to the Marketplace, shopped some more and decided to go for desert, it was packed everywhere, so we decided to take the bus to the Beach Club and have desert at Beaches and Cream. What a fun little place.
My Mom and DD each had a Mickey Mouse Sundae. My DSis and I shared a small Sundae (yes, that's a small one ha!) and DSon had a vanilla milkshake.

We walked on the beach for a while and then headed back to our rooms in OKW.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:49 PM   #36
dreamer17555
DIS Veteran

I love the pic of your son and daughter with EE in the background. Too cute! And I am so jealous you got to see Devine. We didn't see her.

-Becca-
Old 07-24-2008, 10:09 AM   #37
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer17555 View Post
I love the pic of your son and daughter with EE in the background. Too cute! And I am so jealous you got to see Devine. We didn't see her.

-Becca-
Thank you! The picture in front of EE was taken by a photopass Photographer, they are there first thing in the morning, while the sun is just right ( well at the time of year that I went ha!) He really took his time and got different poses with the kids... I'll post some more...
It was my first time seing Devine also... I almost walked right by her, until I notice her CM by her and then people started to flock around.
It's really amazing to see her move, that's why I was so upset that my video camara was not working...

Old 07-31-2008, 09:51 PM   #38
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

I know it's been a while since I put an update, but I'm on vacation in Ottawa... I'll try to give something next week!

Old 08-05-2008, 07:11 AM   #39
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Hi! You're trip report is amazing ~ what a perfect, fun trip so far!!!

Seems like it was really hot, but crowds weren't bad. The Epcot pics are great ~ actually all your pics are great! The kids in front of the Epcot ball with the topiaries in the background , that is a great one.

I'm glad your son liked TT. Trevon was afraid of it until 3 years ago, then he was brave enough to try it and it's been his fave ride since. The other kids love it too.

Your HM pic is so good! Love how you did it and those CMs look genuine

The pic you took of mini close up in toon town is amazing ~ I need to learn how to take different pictures...I just point and click, I don't use any features on my camera

Anyway, loving your TR ~ I can't wait to read more!!!

Oh, and I just started our PTR for next month! I have a link below in green. Come on over and help us plan! We want to do lots we haven't done before, and you guys seem to have done lots so you'd have great ideas!

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!

Last edited by earthfaries; 08-05-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:32 PM   #40
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

Yay! I can't wait to read it ha!
I've just returned from a great trip to Ottawa... 2 full weeks of shopping, movies and relaxation.
So I'm ready to continue my TR, sorry if it took sooooo long!

Old 09-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #41
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Hi How are you doing? I REALLY miss reading about your trip! I would love for you to continue!

I'll be waiting with my fingers crossed!!!

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!
Old 09-10-2008, 05:50 PM   #42
Dizmom0923
Princess

HI Nat!! How are you? The kids and I just got back from our unplanned, we need to evacutate, lets keep driving to Disney trip. I love your pictures. Glad your divorce is over and you are doing well. Wewill be going back in February.

Danielle
To receive you must first believeAlways remember...thoughts become things
Old 11-23-2008, 09:00 AM   #43
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

Wow, I know I'm back...
I still can't find my card with all my Disney pictures... but I had some done by Walmart and realized that by copying them in Photobucket I was able to transfer them here...
My sister has a copy of my card on CD so when she is not busy she will send it back to me ha! ha!
Sorry for the long long long wait...

Old 11-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #44
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

May 8th

We decide to go to Hollywood Studios before the week-end. I thought that way we might have more of a chance to see the new Star Wars and HSM shows. As soon as we entered the park, we headed to see the Jedi show beside Star Tours. My son really wanted to be picked to go on stage (like any other child). But a couple with their son ended up in front of my son, standing up the entire time, pushing their son to be picked. So all my son could do was peeked his head in between their shoulders and wave... It was a miracle that he was picked...

I was excited and got the perfect shot to put up in his Star Wars room!

After that amazing show, we headed to Star Tours and did it twice without any wait.

As we finished the ride, we noticed that HSM was going to start and we watched that one also and made my DD happy. The 2 major attractions that we came in for was done.

We walked around and took some fabulous pictures.

Last edited by ChevyNat; 11-23-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:34 PM   #45
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

May 8th Part 2

After HSM, I noticed since the beginning of the trip that my video camera was on the fritz... I tried buying new film, everything, it would record for a little and then give me some flashes of light.
I found someone in Hollywood, who told me to take out my batterie and re-place it in again and to open my door, so happens that each time I would go into a ride and my camera cooled down from the air conditionning and then I would try to film outside or vise-versa, that would affect the camera. I did so and did not have too much trouble after that.

My son wanted to see Muppet 3D. He found it really funny

We walked and took in the sights, so often we just run to our destination (like I did this morning)and forget to just watch and listen...

I did some shopping and bought myself a fabulous Mickey bracelet.

By then the kids were tired and very hot, so we decided to go back to the resort and go for a swim and have supper at Olivia's
My DD had the Chicken Ceasar, it's to die for.... YUMMM

My DSis and DMom and I had the special of the week, Meat loaf with gravy and mushrooms... it was huge and very very good

My son had a spaghetti, but I did not take a pic of it... don't know why?

After the meal, we all headed to the pool, the kids took it easy and we had a little drink by the pool, till the sun set and we ended up taking a cruise to DTD, it was a fabulous evening.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: