Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #16
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Great pics! Sounds like the beginning of a great trip - I wonder if I could fly Jet Blue for our trip in December. They are more fun to fly with!
From now on, I will always try to get Jet Blue... I really enjoyed it and the price was great too.

2003- DisneyWorld, off-site / 2004 - DisneyWorld, OKW/
2005 - Disneyland, off-site / 2006 - Jan 30th Coronado Spring 2007 - OKW/SSR / 2008 - OKW / 2009-OKW/ 2010 vacation home
trip report/4 gals and a boy 2008
Old 06-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #17
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

Part 2 of May 4th

My Mom and Sis needed their coffee fix and fast , it was already 11 am and I could see the caffeine withdrawal in their eyes ha! ha!
As for me, GIVE ME FOOD Part of the fun in Disney is to try the fabulous food.

The kids love Rainforest Cafe, it's fun, loud and full of fishies.

AWWWW yes! Coffee!

Both Ryan and Shannon had the Popcorn shrimps

My Mom had the Rainforest Pita Quasadillas, this is an entre, big!!!

And my Sis and I, each had the China Island chicken salad, now, let me tell you, this salad is HUGE, I could not finish it, neither did my sister, so it's sharable... and very delicious.

After our fabulous meal, we shopped at DTD till around 3pm, we had fun before heading back to OKW to register.

This is my Goofball son at the Pin store, being of course a Goofball.

And we are home!!! OKW, where my heart is!! I LOVE this place.

2005 - Disneyland, off-site / 2006 - Jan 30th Coronado Spring 2007 - OKW/SSR / 2008 - OKW / 2009-OKW/ 2010 vacation home
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #18
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNat View Post
I can't believe you are going back so soon... lucky you!
I always say that it's going to be a while before I go back there again... but when I get home and start looking at my pictures, I feel so sad, and want to go back sooo bad, Disney pulls at my heart.
Hopefully, I will go back soon...
I can't believe it either ~ twice in one year!!! We're so excited
Hopefully you will go back soon too
After Sept., we won't be going back until Jan. 2010 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNat View Post
Part 2 of May 4th

My Mom and Sis needed their coffee fix and fast , it was already 11 am and I could see the caffeine withdrawal in their eyes ha! ha!
As for me, GIVE ME FOOD Part of the fun in Disney is to try the fabulous food.

The kids love Rainforest Cafe, it's fun, loud and full of fishies.

Love that pic We're going to try Rainforest Cafe in Sept. , do you recommend it?

In the picture above, I just thought how your DD would make a great snow white when she grows up , she looks like her

Looking forward to more. Can't wait to see pics of OKW!

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!
Old 06-07-2008, 05:30 PM   #19
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

love the pics, thanks for sharing your report!

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
Old 06-07-2008, 07:18 PM   #20
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Loving your trip report!!!
Your children are so cute and your daughter is quite a good photographer!!
Can't wait to hear more!!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:04 AM   #21
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Hi there Eagerly awaiting an update! Can't wait to hear more!!!

Living Our Dream

Old 06-16-2008, 09:01 AM   #22
dreamer17555
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I remember your PTR and can't wait to read about your trip. I remember your mom had made amazing costumes for the PPP... Is that right? I read so many reports I worry about getting them mixed up!

-Becca-
Old 06-30-2008, 07:39 AM   #23
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone, I know it's been ages since I wrote anything... I've soo busy and can't believe how quick time goes by.

So here is part 2 of my first day.

After havin a wonderful meal at Rainforest Cafe,(and yes I recommend it, I love it there) we checked in at OKW and freshend up a little. We had ordered some groceries from Garden Grocers (?) and had it delivered to our room. It was mostly breakfast items and light snacks for at night.
The total came to 60.00$, not bad, for about 7 days of breakfast and snacks for 5 people.
We had cereals, milk, bagels, bread, cream cheese, coffee, water, sliced ham and cheese, popcorn, yogurt, bananas etc...

Around 4 pm, we headed to Magic Kingdom for diner and catch Spectro and Wishes... what a perfect way to start the vacation.

The park was not packed

We had diner at Columbia Harbour and to my horror they do not have the Garden galley salad (?), they had just taken it off the menue the week before, and I was craving it since I started to plan my trip.
So I ordered some other salad and the kids slit a chip and chicken plate. Sorry no pictures, I guess I was still upset about the salad ha! ha!

We did a few rides that were walk on, like Buzz Lightyear, Stitch, Phylharmagic, Haunted Mansion, Pirate.

In Buzz, my Sis and DS, concentrating on their targets ha!

Then we found a place to watch the parade and sat down, I went with DD and got each of us a Dole Whip.... Wow, it's sooo good! My DD had a chocolate one, DS a vanilla one and the rest of us a Pineapple one, yum!

Here is a pic that my DD took of Spectromagic.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:36 PM   #24
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

Yes, I can post links to my TP... Thank you earthfaries, for showing me how!!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #25
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

Monday May 5th

After a wonderful evening at Magic Kindom, we took our time to get up and had a wonderful breakfast on our patio, overlooking some cute golfers!

Sorry no pictures of the cute golfers, ha!

We arrived at Epcot around 10:30am and of course got the photopass photographer to take some beautiful pictures.

We went straight to Spaceship Earth and had a blast in there. I really like the new ride, it's fun! And you get to see yourself in weird cartoon form.

My daughter then wanted to show the new Nemo ride to my Mom, so we were off to the Seas with Nemo and Friends, and of course had to take the traditionnal picture in the shark, we walked around and checked out the cool fishes.

After the show we ended up in the Butterfly exibit, it was so beautiful, I love butterflies and now I will put some pictures of them in my living-room, I really captured some nice ones

We do a lot of walking in Epcot ha! So we entered World Showcase and stoped at Mexico, and to cool down in the ride and then in Norway, to Maelstrom...

By that time we started to get hungry and decided on Lotus Blossom in China, the food was wonderful, our goal on this trip was to try to stay away as much as possible from burgers and pizza, don't get me wrong I love burgers, but I did not want to get fed up of it ha!
My DS, Mom and Sis took the orange chicken and rice, my DD and I took the shrimp fried rice
YUM!

After lunch, guess what, we did some more walking ha! ha! I know we go all over the place. I went to get some fastpasses for TestTrack and joined the family in Journey into imagination. My son loves it and wanted to show it to my Mom, now it was his turn to pick a ride. ha!
After the ride, he got picked to be a small sketch for Kodak, he loves to be the centre of attention! it was cute.

We walked some more and decide to check out club cool. I filmed the entire time as the kids tried all the different colas. As my daughter tried the Beverly, she first started by saying "UMMM" but quickly change to a tongue sticking out with a YUK! I was laughing so hard.

It was almost time for Test track, so we slowly made our way to the ride, we took our time in the queu area checking for hidden Mickeys and got on the ride.
My son is afraid of any thrill rides, but on this trip he really surprised me, and he said that he enjoyed Test Track alot.

By the end of the ride it was around 5pm, we were all tired, so we decided to go back home (OKW). We had a quick bite at Good's to go and went for a small stroll in DTD, I just love that place at night, all the lights, so wonderful

Old 07-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #26
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

You're pictures are just so amazing! They are so beautiful and colorful and you all look so happy What a great time you guys had! I love WDW so much!!!

Living Our Dream

Old 07-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #27
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthfaries View Post
You're pictures are just so amazing! They are so beautiful and colorful and you all look so happy What a great time you guys had! I love WDW so much!!!
Thank you, and again thank's for helping me with my postings !
I simply love it there too and can't wait to go back, this time, it will be for Halloween, not this one, maybe the next one... maybe!

Old 07-15-2008, 12:05 PM   #28
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

May 6th - Magic Kingdom part 1
We all love Magic Kingdom and could not wait to spend the the day and have fun.

The park was not overly crowded, but the heat was unbearable.

We really wanted to get a picture with the Haunted mansion, but the Photographer was not there. (We heard that they are sometimes there and you can get your picture taken with some ghosts). So we took our own with some friendly (I mean very in character) Cast Members. and we enjoyed the ride and it's new addition.

Then we headed for Fantasyland and relaxed in some air conditionned attractions like Philharmagic and It's a Small World

We walked back to see if the photopass photographer was at Haunted Mansion, but no luck, so we rode it again with no lines. Since we were in the area we headed over to Pirates and relaxed in there ha! Running from the heat. Coming out and making our way to Mickey's Toontown, I spotted a Lime Green Mickey on someone backpack. So I ran, trying to catch up, my Mom was all confused and wondering were I was headed. I caught up to the Lime Green Mickey and tapped the lady on her back. I said, I also "Dis" and we screamed and jumped up and down in unison and hugged, just like long lost friends, or like my Mom said, 2 crazy women ha! ha1 It was Marshay, we took pictures and talked for a few minutes and said our gooodbyes. It was the first time that I spoke to someone from the Dis, it was really fun.

We then braved the heat and visited Minnie and Mickey's house.

Walked around some more, took some fun pictures and went on quite a lot of attractions with little or no wait, included Big Thunder Montain, my DD's favorite attraction and I'm proud that my DS joined us. I have it all on film.

By then the sun was hot and we decided to jump on the Monorail and cool off with something to drink and eat at the Contemporary.

We did some shopping and sat down for a sweet treat. YUM!

Then the kids were tired and wanted to go swim. So we headed back to OKW for some fun in the pool.

Coming out of Magic Kindom

Old 07-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #29
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

May 6th, part 2

We got back to the resort (OKW), changed into our swimsuits and headed for the pool.

The kids had a blast, while DSIS and DMOM enjoyed a little drink at the bar.

After an hour of fun in the pool, we were hungry. We dried off and took a nice boat ride to DTD, where we had diner at Planet Hollywood.

We got to the entrance and we saw a lot of people turning back. We asked how long was the wait time and she told us about 30-40 minutes.
We decided to go in and wait. As we entered the person gave us a paper and told us to go upstairs, so we did, expecting to wait up there. But as got up, we were immediately seated.
The kids loved it there and the food was good.
I had the Grilled Tuscan Chicken

My DMom had the Classic cheeseburger

My DD had the kids menu Spaghetti + meatballs, which she shared with her brother (that plate was huge) and he shared his PB&J sandwhich with her

I can't remember what my DSis had, since I don't have a picture of it ha!

After diner, we decided to walk back to the Marketplace, since it was such a beautiful evening.

We did some more shopping and took the bus back to our room.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #30
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are fabulous! I loved the Mickey and Minnie ones - am so anxious to read more...

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: