Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2008, 04:02 PM   #406
ampc3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgtroy View Post
Thanks for sharing, I can't believe this is your first TR, you seemed like a pro.
You gave a lot of great tips, especially closing thoughts. I read everything Disney I could get my hands on when we planned the first trip. I've never done a TR, I scrapbook and spend months after my trip scrapbooking it. That's how I've gotten over post disney blues the last 2 trips. Plus I can't tell you how many times we get those books out and look at them. I make a family book then separate smaller books for each of my kids to keep. It's truly a magical place, you can even see the magic in the pics, but they still don't do it justice.

My DH is in agreement with yours. Every 2 years. We went in 2005 and again in 2007. Both times for the fall, free dining package. Which I highly recommend. Great savings and very low crowd level. But the 2 years roll around pretty fast and Disney adds a few new things in the 2 yr period. Plus gives you more time to save/budget. I have to warn you that we seem to want more next trip and upgrade/splurge (translated "spend, cha ching") a little more each time.
My DH also doesn't get into the planning that much, but I will say each time he's gotten a little more involved in it. He's actually said where he wants to stay and mentioned a couple restaurants he wants to do next trip. Some men apparently have thicker skin and it takes longer for Disney magic to seep in. He definitely has a blast while we're there. He loves the dining plan.

Next year is a "Disney Year" for us
I do have a few questions for you, but I'll PM you.
Thanks again for sharing, you have a great family.

Thanks for such kind words, I got alot of tips here and on TGM and did ALOT of research and following along of other's TR... Glad I could help, got your pm and will answer it this weekend..
Great that next year is a disney year for you all... I wish we could go in the fall, but DH is adament that they don't miss school.. so that really only leaves us the summer, which I would for sure go in June again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbell View Post
I cannot believe you are done.. i just found this report... i am only on page 8 so I am excited to hear all about your trip.
Thanks for finding us and reading along! Hope you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by A,M&Asmom View Post
I just read your TR....wonderful trip. I almost felt like I was there and I sure am wishing I was going soon. I read these TR's and just dream about going again! Might have to wait a couple years, but we will be back. Again thanks for posting you TR so we can live Disney through you!!!
Thanks for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Great TR and great final thoughts, Annette!!! I have so enjoyed reading about your trip and seeing all the photos of your lovely family! I am so sad it is all over now.

As others have said, 2010 will be here before you know it!!! Just think: a year from now you can book for 2010!
Hey Jackie, Thanks so much for joining me! I feel like I have made so many friends along the way... still wish we would have run into each other... yes we should plan a Dis meet sometime, since our kids are so close in age, and we are practically neighbors... Yes can't wait to book for 2010~

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
Old 08-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #407
Moms3sons
moms3sons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
Anyway I knew that we would not be using all the FP we had collected, so I decided to start to give them away… I swear people just look at you , like you are crazy or trying to scam them. I can’t believe how many people don’t know you can use the FP later then the time on the ticket. I asked several CM’s during the trip and they all said anytime after just NOT before ….
Great TR!
It seems you have really figured out the art of the Fastpass with baby swap and I would love to understand it as well as you do.

On our last trip in 2005, we spent half our time crisscrossing the parks trying to use our FP during the given time. We had no idea that we could use them after they expired (I think we even threw some out since we didn't get back to the park in time after our daily break/nap!). Did you ever have trouble using your FP later than your window? I've heard that some rides will not let you (Soarin and Toy Story?)

Our trip is at the end of Sep and we will have two of our three boys (leaving our youngest with grandma). Our 2 year old will be too small for most all of the rides and my 7 year old loves all rides (rode Test Track at age 3 and loved it!). Would it work for us to split our FP collections (I get one FP at a ride and get 2 FP at a different ride) then use the baby swap to allow us to take turns riding with our 7 year old while covering more ground? Do the CMs ask to see that everyone in the group has a FP before allowing the first parent to use the FP line before getting the baby swap pass? I think one of us would have to ride solo using the single ticket FP, but then the other parent could take 7 y.o. during the baby swap?

Thanks again for your great Trip Report - I enjoyed reading along. Our next trip will likely be a party of five (in a couple more years).

Me DH DS(9) DS(5) DS(4)

Annual Disney Trips with parents - always offsite (1983-1990)
First Disney Trip with DH and DS - CSR - July 2004
Pop Century - May 2005
Pop Century - Sep 27 - Oct 4 (second DS's first Disney trip)
Port Orleans Riverside - May/Jun 2011 (third DS's first Disney trip)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2008, 09:44 AM   #408
ampc3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moms3sons View Post
Great TR!
It seems you have really figured out the art of the Fastpass with baby swap and I would love to understand it as well as you do.

On our last trip in 2005, we spent half our time crisscrossing the parks trying to use our FP during the given time. We had no idea that we could use them after they expired (I think we even threw some out since we didn't get back to the park in time after our daily break/nap!). Did you ever have trouble using your FP later than your window? I've heard that some rides will not let you (Soarin and Toy Story?)

Our trip is at the end of Sep and we will have two of our three boys (leaving our youngest with grandma). Our 2 year old will be too small for most all of the rides and my 7 year old loves all rides (rode Test Track at age 3 and loved it!). Would it work for us to split our FP collections (I get one FP at a ride and get 2 FP at a different ride) then use the baby swap to allow us to take turns riding with our 7 year old while covering more ground? Do the CMs ask to see that everyone in the group has a FP before allowing the first parent to use the FP line before getting the baby swap pass? I think one of us would have to ride solo using the single ticket FP, but then the other parent could take 7 y.o. during the baby swap?

Thanks again for your great Trip Report - I enjoyed reading along. Our next trip will likely be a party of five (in a couple more years).
Kim,

I am going to send you a PM later today...

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
Old 10-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #409
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I know it's been forever but I had to come back and finish your report! What a wonderful family trip it turned out to be. We don't go back as a family for another year and it's so depressing. I love all of the pictures you took!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: