Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2008, 07:10 PM   #151
momtotanmanandraerae
Mouseketeer

I found your TR on timandlesley! Your kids are so cute!! Just adorable! I wish it took 9 hours to get to Disney.....it takes us 12. It is worth every minute of the drive though!!
Past trips:June 13 - BCV and Disney Dream, Dec. 12 - BCV, Jan. 12 - AKL, Oct. 11 - BWV, June 11- VWL, March 11- BWV,July 10 - THV,Oct 09 - BCV, July 09- BCV, Nov. 08 - OKW and BCV, Dec. 2007 - BCV and SSR , Nov 06 - WL, Apr. 02 - CSR
Kari
Old 06-18-2008, 07:15 PM   #152
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Yeay! You started your TR and reached Disney!

Good job on the room!

The pool was soooo crowded when we ventured over there!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2008, 08:16 PM   #153
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Spotting???? That was a rough night for me, wonder if you experienced the problem I had. Great start... I miss WDW already!
Old 06-18-2008, 10:42 PM   #154
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Love the first installment!!! Way to go on getting your room! I did NOT know we could have added our UT tickets to our KTTW cards!!! WOW!! Where have I been!?!?!? Can't wait until the next installment!! BTW, again--YOUR KIDS ARE TOO CUTE!!! ) Jen

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 06-19-2008, 01:12 PM   #155
ampc3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtotanmanandraerae View Post
I found your TR on timandlesley! Your kids are so cute!! Just adorable! I wish it took 9 hours to get to Disney.....it takes us 12. It is worth every minute of the drive though!!
Thanks for the kind words and joining us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Yeay! You started your TR and reached Disney!

Good job on the room!

The pool was soooo crowded when we ventured over there!
My kids were soo mad at me that we never made it over to FQ, they REALLY wanted to check out that slide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Spotting???? That was a rough night for me, wonder if you experienced the problem I had. Great start... I miss WDW already!
You have me really curious what the problems were at Ohana's that night?? As far as the spottings go... I was the one that came up to you on your way out I think?? I wasn't sure if you thought I was crazy or not for asking~lol, OR if you had any idea who I was?? I know MY Dh thought I was crazy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Love the first installment!!! Way to go on getting your room! I did NOT know we could have added our UT tickets to our KTTW cards!!! WOW!! Where have I been!?!?!? Can't wait until the next installment!! BTW, again--YOUR KIDS ARE TOO CUTE!!! ) Jen
YES I read somewhere about adding the UT tickets b/c they are paper and such a pain to keep carrying around.. Thanks for the sweet comments on the kids, Megan is a doll also!

Working on getting more pics uploaded and next installment...

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
Old 06-19-2008, 02:03 PM   #156
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
You have me really curious what the problems were at Ohana's that night?? As far as the spottings go... I was the one that came up to you on your way out I think?? I wasn't sure if you thought I was crazy or not for asking~lol, OR if you had any idea who I was?? I know MY Dh thought I was crazy!!
Working on getting more pics uploaded and next installment...
Oooooohhhhhh!!! The suspense is KILLING me!! What happened?!?!?!?!? Can't wait for the next installment!!!

You are too sweet about your kind words for Megs--you saw us before their BBB makeovers, and I SO wish you could have seen them afterwards--too cute!!! I bet your girls had a blast!!! They were SO beautiful!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 06-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #157
momsavealot
DIS Veteran

Yeah! I'm finally getting in on a TR as it starts. Keep up the good work. Your pretrip report is great and I think I need to take a trip to the Home Depot for those Mickey heads! Looking forward to your next installment! I also got us matching shirts but DH doesn't know yet!!!
Aug. 2008 Polynesian Resort
Feb. 2006 Nickelodeon Hotel
(DD12) (DS11)(DS10) (DD7)
Old 06-19-2008, 04:09 PM   #158
nts4wdw
DIS Veteran

Cute Pictures!! Riverside has such a cool pool! Looking forward to hearing about Ohana!

Old 06-19-2008, 04:25 PM   #159
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Cute pics, thanks for posting!

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
Old 06-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #160
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Oh welcome back! Your kids are so so so cute! Eeek on the 9 hour drive but glad you got there with time to relax and swim!

Can't wait to hear about Ohana, we love it there!

Allyson
Old 06-20-2008, 07:15 AM   #161
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Yes! a post!

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 06-20-2008, 08:28 AM   #162
cjhinch
Mouseketeer

I am so happy that you have started your TR!! I can't wait to read all about your trip......your kids look so happy to be there!

First attempt at a PTR!:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1850788
The "HOW DID I PULL THIS ONE OUT OF MY HAT?" Trip Report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post27349670
Old 06-20-2008, 02:22 PM   #163
ampc3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsavealot View Post
Yeah! I'm finally getting in on a TR as it starts. Keep up the good work. Your pretrip report is great and I think I need to take a trip to the Home Depot for those Mickey heads! Looking forward to your next installment! I also got us matching shirts but DH doesn't know yet!!!

Yes Home depot must often wonder where all there mickey heads go?? I am soo jealous you get to stay at the POLY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nts4wdw View Post
Cute Pictures!! Riverside has such a cool pool! Looking forward to hearing about Ohana!
The kids really enjoyed the pool and Ohana's was yummy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonnyDipp View Post
Cute pics, thanks for posting!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
Oh welcome back! Your kids are so so so cute! Eeek on the 9 hour drive but glad you got there with time to relax and swim!

Can't wait to hear about Ohana, we love it there!

Allyson
Thanks! I don't know where we went wrong on the time frame, but DH didn't want to drive over 70 to save on gas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Yes! a post!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhinch View Post
I am so happy that you have started your TR!! I can't wait to read all about your trip......your kids look so happy to be there!
Thanks , the kids were soo excited to be there!! Being in a hotel is a huge treat for them, let alone DISNEY

Old 06-20-2008, 02:50 PM   #164
ampc3
DIS Veteran

Sunday Day 1 Part 2....

So were did I leave off?? Oh yes, we went and swam for about an hour then came back to our room in bldg 18.

We started to unpack and get the room situated and put our food away etc.. At this point we discovered 2 things. #1 we weren’t sure the fridge was working right, nothing seemed cold so we called for maintance to come take a look.

#2 This is a funny story… When we were driving down I kept thinking I know I am forgetting something … Then I remembered what I thought I forgot to do…. I asked DH who put Joey’s clothes, that I packed, in his suitcase.. “Honey do you remember packing any underwear for Joey?” Dh “umm.. I think a saw a pair”… ok that’s it, that is WHAT I FORGOT to do…. Pack Joey underwear!!! I did laundry and meant to go back in his room to get the underwear and NEVER did…. Oops… Now Joey over hears this, and is panicking that he only has one pair (well really 2 pairs) So I said well I guess tomorrow we will be going to Walmart after all to get some underwear! It was pretty funny.

So after we unpacked and got ready we decided to drive to the Poly b/c time was running short it was 5:45 and I knew we wouldn’t have enough time to catch a bus and do the transfer.. So off we go to the Poly… I had every intention of getting pictures when we first got there outside, but never did

So we go to check in @ Ohana’s and the line to do so is pretty long. I remember that ILUVXU and her family had ressies around the same time. I remembered what her kiddos looked like from her PTR, and knew she was pregnant. I spotted them right away on the couches waiting for their table to be called..
When I tried to explain to my DH that I “knew” her he looked at me like I had 3 heads, A look I got several more times through out the trip until he finally understood the whole “dis world”….

Anyway by the time I got done checking in at the podium, they must have already been called for there table b/c I didn’t see her/them again until almost leaving.

This was us being silly waiting for our table!

So we waited about 15min for our table to be called, our host showed us around and explained the menu etc.. showed us to our table a nice window view… again don’t know why I didn’t do pictures… This will be a trend through out my trip thinking now why I didn’t get a picture of this or that. (we did get some tho)

Our server was very nice and attentive (can’t remember her name now)We ordered drinks, I tried the Mai Tai which was just ok. I also ordered the chicken nugget plate for Emma thinking she would only eat the bread that came out. I really thought Lauren and Joey would love the food, they love salad and wings and Shrimp.. But not so much… They ALL loved the bread and ate a lot of that, they didn’t care for the salad dressing , they hated the sauce on the wings. They thought the Shrimp were too spicy.. So it killed me to pay what we did (remember we weren’t on the DDP) b/c all they really ate was the bread, they didn’t even really like the dessert..

Now DH and I on the other hand really liked the food, I am not going to say I loved it, but I did enjoy it and would probably go back. I think DH enjoyed it more than me b/c he actually got to “enjoy” his meal! I was VERY busy cutting up everyone else’s food and peeling everyone’s shrimp!!! I didn’t care for the wings either but really liked the pot stickers. We all liked the noodles and even had some green veggies.. We LOVED the shrimp (although A LOT of work to eat them) and the steak was very good as was the pork. I loved the dessert also yummy!!!

The kids enjoyed doing the hula and the coconut races but had to help Emma, it was harder than it looked…

After finishing the coconut races I literally ran into ILUVXU said hello, as they were on there way out I believe… I was the strange women asking you your name~hehe

When we got back to the table we did dessert and then I had a little something special set up for DH for his bday since it was the day before.
HE HATES to have ANY type of attention but they sang to him and another person behind us and brought him out a birthday cupcake…

Then after dinner we went out to check out the pool and the beach area. The pool was very neat, I would LOVE to stay at the POLY some time, it seems really beautiful. The kids played on the sand for awhile then as we were getting ready to leave we noticed they were getting ready for the Electrical water parade so we stayed for that. Was cute and quick, again don’t know why I didn’t get any pictures…

Here is a picture of the kids on the beach… This is a fav of mine even though it is kindof blurry.

We drove back to our hotel, we must have taken a wrong turn somewhere b/c we ended up driving around for awhile before we found our way back to POR… We had a very early morning planned the next day so off to bed I think it was about 10:30.

Next up: our First Full day at the parks…. Special wishes, a Dis spotting ???maybe?? and a little detour…

Old 06-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #165
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, no about Joey's underwear!!! A couple of years ago we went to Hilton Head with family and SIL found out she forgot to pack underwear for herself. After much joking by my BIL, he went to unpack and found he forgot his too! Needless to say, there was a trip to Walmart that night!

What a wonderfully relaxing start to your vacation!!! We love the Polynesian!!! You guys look like you are having a blast!

Can't wait to hear about Epcot and compare notes!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: