Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #31
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

Thanks Pinkerbell

Just got off the phone with reservations and have made our accomodation ressies - first 5 nights at Pop Century, followed by 16 at POFQ

Also booked mum, dad, and brothers' families' fly drive trips today, as well as a week at POFQ for mum and dad. They've paid the deposit on the two villas at Windsor Hills and have booked the four of us in at Discovery Cove for a wedding present - it really feels like it is happening now
Old 08-19-2008, 04:43 PM   #32
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

date and time....

Congrats..... good luck with all your plans
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2008, 08:33 AM   #33
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Congratualtions!!!!

Glad its all moving forward!!!

I was a Disney Bride - May 18th 2009
Wedding Pavilion * Grand Floridian * Sago Cay Point
Pinkerbell1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:16 PM   #34
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

Yay - my contract and payment have officially been received!!

Also had a really fun email from Randy Chapman saying that we are going to take over the Boardwalk for photos - I think my family are going to love him

Finally, Patricia Lejeune is available on my date, which is fantastic - touch wood, everything is going so well at the moment

The next thing is my officiant - we are thinking of Teresa Knox as we want a civil ceremony (non-religious) - if she is not available, who else would you recommend?
Old 08-26-2008, 06:38 AM   #35
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

Very quick update today - had an email from Teresa Knox and she is available for our ceremony too - can't wait til Carl gets home from work to look at the planning kit!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:23 AM   #36
mel_ntu
Earning My Ears

My goodness you are so organised.

I am hoping to get married in August 09 also and am only making my first call tonight to get the process started!!
Hope I haven't left it too late!!

Your plans sound amazing, have you decided on your venues based on having seen them at previous visits or from the web and recommendations?

Mel
mel_ntu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:17 PM   #37
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

We mostly decided based on pictures and recommendations, tbh. We originally wanted Sunrise Terrace at Wilderness Lodge but we had too many guests for that location.

You've definitely not left it too late - there are loads of people to choose from for all the different jobs, so no need to worry about that The only person we booked way in advance was Randy Chapman - I've contacted Patricia Lejeune and Teresa Knox in the last few days only
Old 08-26-2008, 01:37 PM   #38
mel_ntu
Earning My Ears

Excellent, given all the fabulous recommendations I think I may be putting a call into Randy myself!

Do you know if he has a website where I can view some of his photos in different locations etc.

Thanks for your help.
mel_ntu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:22 PM   #39
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

This is his website where you can view some of his work
Old 08-26-2008, 03:01 PM   #40
bridetobe789
2009 Disney Bride!!!

I just stumbled upon your pj and can't wait to hear more about your plans! I love your dress its very elegant and not over the top! How exciting that you got your date ! I'm about a month or so before you. What locations have you decided on?

*07.08.09 Tricia & Chris WP/LSS/Sago Cay*
bridetobe789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:24 PM   #41
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

We can be excited together

Thanks for your comment on my dress - photos just don't do it justice!

We are marrying at SBP, doing photos around the Boardwalk, and then having dinner at California Grill - although that last part hasn't been arranged yet! We're also hoping to have a group meal the night before at Boma.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:54 PM   #42
marnietch
Disney 4 Ever

Smile

I am so excited to have found your planning journal. I'm getting married on August 4, 2009 at SBP! We just sent the contract back today! I feel like I'm in shock. We got engaged a few weeks ago in WDW (which was a surprise to me) and I feel like everything is happening so fast! And I saw that there are other July/August brides on here too! You are so organized. We haven't done anything but reserve the date. By the way, I think Boma's is a great idea! Maybe I should start a pj soon!

August 2009 Married at Boardwalk
July 2008 Boardwalk
March 2008 Beach Club
August 2007 Old Key West
August 2006 Old Key West
July 2005 Old Key West
August 2005 Hilton Head
September 2005 Boardwalk........... and many more

DVC Home Resorts:
Hilton Head Island
Old Key West
marnietch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:57 AM   #43
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your engagement! DF proposed to me in December 2004 at Disneyland Paris - he couldn't wait and do it somewhere fancy so he proposed in our hotel room while we were unpacking, lol

It's a funny feeling being this organised - I've had a lot of time over the past 5 weeks to look at stuff on the internet as I'm a teacher and I'm off for the summer.

The only thing we had booked in advance was Randy Chapman for photography, and we've had our UK reception venue booked since about March.

We were adding to our honeymoon registry last night, which was exciting - can't wait to have our website too
Old 08-28-2008, 08:10 AM   #44
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap_Vamp View Post
Thanks Pinkerbell

Just got off the phone with reservations and have made our accomodation ressies - first 5 nights at Pop Century, followed by 16 at POFQ

Also booked mum, dad, and brothers' families' fly drive trips today, as well as a week at POFQ for mum and dad. They've paid the deposit on the two villas at Windsor Hills and have booked the four of us in at Discovery Cove for a wedding present - it really feels like it is happening now
Discovery cove is really cool, you'll love it

I was a Disney Bride - May 18th 2009
Wedding Pavilion * Grand Floridian * Sago Cay Point
Pinkerbell1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:26 AM   #45
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

Pinkerbell - we're lucky in this will be our second trip to DC - we did it on the first day of our 2006 trip and it was just about the most relaxed I've ever been in my life!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: