Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2008, 07:32 PM   #16
IndyBride
DIS Veteran

Beautiful dress!!! It can be surprising how much the dresses can be. Even ones that are not huge ball gowns!! Can't wait to see a pic with you in it.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:27 PM   #17
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. Unfortunately our home was burgled 10 days ago and it's been quite horrible. They didn't trash the place, luckily, just emptied out some drawers and took obvious electrical equipment e.g. laptop, Wii, camera etc.

Even more luckily they didn't touch any of my wedding things, as that would have been awful.

For a while we considered if we wanted to do a three week trip anymore, but decided that we would not let these awful people stop us from living our lives. Instead we are installing a security gate in front of the door, and adding more locks to the windows.

In any event, the friend I invited to the ceremony has told me that several more of my friends would be willing to make the trip to Florida, even though they know they wouldn't be able to attend the ceremony! That made me feel very special
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2008, 08:15 PM   #18
hmgolden
Disney Bride June 25, 2004

DISboards Moderator

What terrible news about your home! I'm glad they didn't take anything sentimental to you. What an awful thing to experience.

On a happier note, that is great news about your friends being willing to make the trip even though they know they won't be able to go to the ceremony. You've got some great friends.

I love your shoes and the dress - it has such a a romantic look to it.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #19
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your reply - we're lucky that our friends have been wonderful to us through this
Old 07-09-2008, 03:20 PM   #20
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

OMG, I just came across your pj and I'm totally excited!!! I'm also getting married in August 09!!!! There aren't too many of us out there.

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #21
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_tink8i8 View Post
OMG, I just came across your pj and I'm totally excited!!! I'm also getting married in August 09!!!! There aren't too many of us out there.
By the looks of your ticker your wedding will be the day after we plan to arrive! Congrats :D
Old 07-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #22
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap_Vamp View Post
By the looks of your ticker your wedding will be the day after we plan to arrive! Congrats :D
I actually don't have a set date yet, I just had to choose a ruff date for the ticker Congrats on getting Randy!

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:34 AM   #23
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

3 days til you can book Jen

There's about another 10 weeks still to go for us!!

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #24
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

I know - it feels quite unreal now!! I'm tempted to call tomorrow evening,saying I didn't know if they were open on weekends lol!

I'm worried I will get all tongue-tied and forget what I want to say

We also made a decision today about the evening before the wedding day. We were going to get everyone together at Ohana's but have read some reports that make me worry it's not as great as it used to be. We have instead decided to go to Boma, as there is more open space at AKL for the kids, and they will probably enjoy going out on the Savannah - they are probably a little young for the entertainment at Ohana, so we're not worried about that.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:37 PM   #25
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

It's officially less than a year now!

I made the initial call on Friday and spoke to a lovely girl called Kimberly who seemed just as excited as me I'm now waiting for my call from a wedding co-ordinator and then hopefully it can be all systems go!

We had a successful shopping trip today. Yesterday Carl and I went to check out rings and bridesmaid fabrics, then today I went back with my mum and dad and bought the fabrics. The tops are going to be ruched and strapless, in orange satin, then the skirts are knee length and A-line, in floaty ivory. Hopefully they will look how I imagine!

My mum also picked up a necklace and earrings to go with her dress, so she was pleased.

Now there's not much more to do until we can confirm the date, then it's onto booking flights and accommodation, although mum already has a quote on two villas at Windsor Hills for the rest of the family
Old 08-18-2008, 02:51 PM   #26
IndyBride
DIS Veteran

It's so much better to work with people that are as excited as you than those that acts like it's nothing special isn't it??? That's exciting about being a year out, it's going to start going really fast!
Old 08-18-2008, 02:54 PM   #27
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

Thanks - and I just had my follow up call! My date is being held til Thursday, so I now need to get my flights sorted so I can get a reservation at POFQ
Old 08-19-2008, 01:51 AM   #28
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Does that mean you got the date and time you wanted?

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:21 AM   #29
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

Yes we did - just have to call back with a reservation number now :D Wanted to book flights first but it seems I won't be able to get anything until September - apparently I'll be OK to make any changes to my accommodation reservation up to three months without charge, so that's a relief!

First time we've done the DIY thing, lol!
Old 08-19-2008, 11:36 AM   #30
Pinkerbell1983
I <3 Mickey

Yeah for getting your date!!!!! Its so exciting isn't it making that call to disney!!!! I only decided on my wedding date on one year and one day out so I was lucky really to get mine (although its only held 'tentatively', but don't get me started)

I had to wait unitl 11 months out too to book my flights, isn't it annoying!!!

Good luck with the rest of your planning!

I was a Disney Bride - May 18th 2009
Wedding Pavilion * Grand Floridian * Sago Cay Point
Pinkerbell1983 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: