Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 10:51 AM   #1
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

The Official What's For Dinner thread:Thursday 1-24-08? Recipe finder in OP. Enjoy! Part 2

Last night was our combined birthday (DB, Me, DM, DH) dinner at my mom's house. We had grilled pork tenderloins, mashed potato casserole, onion pie, frosted cauliflower, and grilled apple salad. For dessert I made a chocolate cat cake.

Today is DH's birthday so I think I'm going to make porkchop casserole. He's been requesting it for months. DS and I don't totally love it so I don't make it very often.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 10-29-2006, 05:42 PM   #2
camreesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595
Last night was our combined birthday (DB, Me, DM, DH) dinner at my mom's house. We had grilled pork tenderloins, mashed potato casserole, onion pie, frosted cauliflower, and grilled apple salad. For dessert I made a chocolate cat cake.

Today is DH's birthday so I think I'm going to make porkchop casserole. He's been requesting it for months. DS and I don't totally love it so I don't make it very often.
Sandy, how do you make your porkchop casserole? My mother used to make one with scalloped potatoes on top and cream of celery soup. Happy Birthday to you and DH.

Tonight we're having butter beans, sausage and cornbread. Easy dinner. This time change really has us messed up. DD10 went to a slumber party last night and I don't think they slept at all. She has been in her room dozing all afternoon.

Julie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2006, 08:05 PM   #3
tammyandtommy
Just call me Duckie!

Just wanted to let you know I tried the burbon"less" chicken from page 10! Mmmm Delish, only one of my kids wouldnt try it, shes young, 8, only likes mac and cheese, and good ol standbys! But my eldest loved it! oh and so did my son! LOL
ds irate:
Old 10-30-2006, 04:50 AM   #4
LindsayDunn228
Quite a hunk of man, isn't he???
I laughed myself silly ... during the dancing

Wfd 10-30-06?

6 days until I leave for WDW! WOO HOO!

Tonight we are having leftover baked spaghetti with focaccia.

WFD at your house?
Old 10-30-2006, 05:28 AM   #5
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

I'm making Chicken in the crock pot. Following Glynis's potroast recipe but with chicken and chicken gravy instead. I'll serve it with mashed potatoes and green beans almondine. Probably some boxed stuffing too. My kids love that stuff.

~Be your own inspiration~
Old 10-30-2006, 06:01 AM   #6
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat
Nancy - the crock-pot lemon roasted chicken just came out and to be honest it's fall off the bone tender, but I had to put it under the broiler to crisp up the skin and I will tweak it next time for more lemon flavor by putting sliced lemons inside the chicken! Here it is:

Lemon Roasted crock-pot Chicken:

I used the drippings, which does have a lemon flavor, to make a very nice gravy!
Thanks for the recipe as well as the tips. I am putting this on my meal plan for the week.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:02 AM   #7
nucpharm29
The Exercise Goddess

We'll probably have the spaghetti and meat sauce tonight b/c last night we had a Halloween festival and DH decided we should go out for pizza after

Stephanie
Old 10-30-2006, 06:16 AM   #8
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis
DH took the older 2 kids deer hunting.

Tonight is our night to carve pumpkins, roast pumpkin seeds and watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." Should be a fun night.
Glynis, this is OT, but I'm chuckling here because my DH likes to hunt and has gone out off and on since he was a kid. Well he is a good shot but a terrible hunter. Once he gets in the tree or whatever he does he tends to watch the animals. One year a deer was watching him watch two squirrels chase each other He plans on going out this year but I have not bought another freezer yet......

Man, everyone had great recipes this weekend! We had a roasted chicken dinner Saturday evening with stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, steamed broccoli, and a green salad. For startes we had crusty bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and a hot artichoke chees dip. This was a last minute deal, my DH called and asked if there was time for dinner, he wanted to bring a friend home, so we had leftover Milkyway Pie for dessert. I wanted an apple cobbler but ran out of time.

Sunday was dinner out and tonite we are having babyback ribs and baked potatoes. I have to scoot over to Recipezaar for an oven recipe.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:20 AM   #9
YachtClubWoman
Mouseketeer

We are having the Marie Callendar's turkey pot pies - nice and easy and one of the few prepared items that we use.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:43 AM   #10
MerryPoppins
I posted around Woo Hooty time
Good things come in threes
I probably need a makeover more than the average person
Survivor

The school musical is over, so we're back to real home-cooked meals. I'm thrilled.

Tonight I'm fixing meatloaf, potatoes, and tossed salad. I may throw in something else, but I haven't decided yet. My thought is that if I fix enough, I can serve leftovers tomorrow night since it'll be hectic.

Looks like DD will be staying home for Halloween to help hand out candy. I got some popcorn and a carton of caramel dip and some apples so we can make our own party. Maybe we'll make it a movie marathon night.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #11
theycallmered
DIS Veteran

Tonight is hot ham and cheese sandwiches, pudding fruit salad, and cheesey potato casserole.
2010 Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village
2005 Disney's All Star Movies Resort
2002 Offsite
1997 Offsite
1997 Offsite
1996 Offisite
1993 Offsite
1983 Disney's Contemporary Resort
(\_/)
(o.O) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny to your signature
(> <) to help him achieve world domination
Old 10-30-2006, 10:32 AM   #12
lucas
°o°

Tonight we're having the big salads.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:26 AM   #13
nucpharm29
The Exercise Goddess

Quick question for ya'll--DS's 1st bday party is this coming Saturday. It was supposed to be this small family party--but has turned into 11 adults and 6 kids. I've already promised dinner to the invitees, but now I'm stumped as what to fix. I wanted to grill out--but it's not going to get out of the 50s here on saturday. Maybe lasagna or chili??? Any ideas????

Stephanie
Old 10-30-2006, 12:56 PM   #14
Zandy595
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by camreesmom
Sandy, how do you make your porkchop casserole? My mother used to make one with scalloped potatoes on top and cream of celery soup. Happy Birthday to you and DH.
Thank you (for the bday wishes).
I don't think I've ever made the porkchop casserole the same way twice. I actually really liked it last night though so I'll tell you what I did.

Boneless pork steaks
Thawed frozen hashbrowns, the cubed kind.
Cream of mushroom soup
Dried onion flakes
Garlic salt
Pepper

Use as many pork steaks as you need for you family. I use half of a 32oz bag of hashbrowns for the 3 of us and we usually have a little leftover. Pour soup in a large bowl, mix in about 1/2 cup milk, 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and hashbrowns. If you use the whole bag of hashbrowns, you'll need to double the soup and seasoning. Sprinkle pork steaks with garlic salt and pepper, then brown in a frying pan. Place the steaks in the bottom of a greased casserole dish and top with hashbrown mixture. Cover with foil and bake at 350° for about 2 hours. Remove foil after first hour.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 10-30-2006, 01:04 PM   #15
Zandy595
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammyandtommy
Just wanted to let you know I tried the burbon"less" chicken from page 10! Mmmm Delish, only one of my kids wouldnt try it, shes young, 8, only likes mac and cheese, and good ol standbys! But my eldest loved it! oh and so did my son! LOL
I'm glad you liked it. It's one of our favorites.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: