Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #91
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyamya View Post
And you had such a good shoe plan, switching mid-day, keeping the tootsies happy?
I know! And then I ruined it.

I told hubby last night that I must have subconsciously hobbled myself, to keep myself Zen for the parks. And it's worked!

We got there before rope drop this morning (they let us in around 8:30) and we went on Dumbo (Eamon refused to go along with common knowledge of Peter Pan first, insisting he HATES PP and needed Dumbo instead) for its first round-n-round of the day, the Carrousel, saw the new Indy show with Toocherie and Califgirl (and her husband, and Stacerita was near the group but not right with us), had food at River Belle (smuggled in organic pure maple syrup for the Mickey pancake), went to Star Tours (remind me to tell you about those little cards they give kids when they are too little to ride on a visit), got E a build-your-own light saber (and since hubby is Han Solo, he got a blaster), went on Buzz (E did only 1000 points less than me! hubby blew the two of us out of the water), then over to Pirates, had a bite at Blue Bayou, and then back to the hotel.

OK that's a lot*. But not as much as I would have tried to do if I could do more than limp around on the few bits of my feet without torture-bubbles on them! ha ha, torture bubbles....ouch.

Hum dee dum, it's not 6. Should I wake them up?

* or is it? park opened at 9, we left at 3ish. so maybe not a lot, but it was two meals (taking notes for how long meals take for future WDW trip) and the line for the lightsaber taking up time...eh, it was fun for all of us, and that's important.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 05-26-2008 at 07:42 PM. Reason: added bold, added thoughts on whether its a lot
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:10 AM   #92
mommyof2boys1girl
I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine...and he shall be my squishy.....C'mere, squishy!

Molly, your poor poor piggies! So very sad, but perhaps this is the Disney Gods' way of making SURE you slow down this time!

And I am so very proud of you - you ARE keeping to your promise to slow down and not drive your boys so hard....I hope you have a much better experience with the whole family than last time.

I'll have to get your tips on SW - I am really working hard on Dh for a trip in Dec, and SW might be part of it!

Have a great time today!!

I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request!

Dh Me Ds Logan (11) Ds Adam (9) DD Allie (7)

Pre-Trip Report 2008 - Springtime in Dl for the Wilsons! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1753272
Pre-Trip Report 2010 - It took 2 long years....http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2423621
mommyof2boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #93
Cinderlala
Pixie Dust

I'm glad to hear that your Volo is working out so well & I'm very sorry to hear that your feet are so damaged!!

It's so fun to read your report while you are still at Disneyland!!!! It's a great way for me to live vicariously & pretend I'm in Disneyland too!

Me DH DS4
Cinderlala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:24 AM   #94
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Thing not to do:

...lose track, in a matter of moments, of DS's 2 day old "build your own" lightsaber, and lose the ding dang thing!!!!!!

No one turned it in, over 3 lost and found visits, so I think some parent is having a big surprise while unpacking little Johnny's suitcase....

I'm trying to be OK with it, trying to pretend I lost a $20 bill (sad, makes a budget trip more budgety, but not something I would cry over for too long), but it's hard. Showing DH and DS the build your own area was THE coolest moment, they were so excited, DS loved it so much...and now it's gone, and even if it's found and mailed to us, we'll still remember losing it.

Star Tours, by the way, according to my new 4 year old, is not only the bestest ride on the earth, but is also the coolest ride on the planet!!!

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 05-30-2008, 01:26 AM   #95
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

My feet are still horrid. The blisters have become more defined as the days have gone on, and while they aren't getting truly worse, you can see the damage more clearly, and it's awful.

Luckily the damage was done with shoes I didn't have to wear again, unlike if your touring shoes give you a blister. So my plan of swapping shoes out every day or during the day still worked, for the non-blistered parts of my feet, but the blisters were still pretty nasty.

Last edited by bumbershoot; 05-30-2008 at 01:28 AM. Reason: had to separate this and next post b/c it was making me nauseous
Old 05-30-2008, 01:30 AM   #96
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Eamon wants to go on Grizzly (1/2 inch too short) and Screamin' (6.5 inches too short), but he absolutely REFUSES to set foot in the Soarin' building.

(this is the part I had to separate from the previous post)

As usual my reports before I get home and comfy are going to be scattered, so right now I would like to say that the White Water Snacks breakfast (even without meat) is absolutely totally incredibly delicious. I highly recommend it.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:43 AM   #97
Cinderlala
Pixie Dust

I am so, so sorry that your son's brand new build-your-own lightsaber has been lost!! That is just terrible---and for his birthday, too!!

I was going to ask how you liked the build-your-own lightsaber & whether you'd recommend it, but now it is just a sore spot for all of you.

Thanks for the update!

Me DH DS4
Old 05-30-2008, 11:24 AM   #98
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

While folding clothes in preparation for packing them for our flight home today, and before my computer battery poops out...

I wish we'd just bought the $10 light sabers from the start. The build your own are HUGE and they don't fold all the way down into the hilt. Eamon couldn't carry his all day, which is why it ended up in the hands of me or Robert at the moment of loss. And with the clear plastic (for the non-red ones) you don't want the plastic to get scratched up, and my 4 year old boy likes to drag things on the ground or bang things on fences, etc (fence banging isn't allowed, but he does do it before being stopped).

It just wasn't appropriate for him. And really, it was more for my husband, but then he didn't end up getting one! His "role" is Han Solo in their games, and HS doesn't have a lightsaber, so Robert got a Han blaster anyway...so half of the point of the build your owns was gone anyway, since hubby didn't get one.

Once Robert and I figured out that it was OUR fault (we can't remember who had it, but we're fairly sure it was one of us), and even if it wasn't our fault, we were so distracted in those moments that we SHOULD have been paying attention to if HE had it...a new 4 year old losing something without parents noticing isn't 100% the 4 year old's fault, more like 5%, in our opinion.... Anyway, once we realized it was on OUR heads, we got guilty, so the kid ended up with TWO of the $10, no light-up no noise light sabers that retract all the way and have a belt-clip, and that's what we should have gotten to begin with!!!

Old 05-30-2008, 01:36 PM   #99
audrabolster
You didn't hear about the polar bear?
when I was born I had a big scab on it

aw! I was just there about a week ago and two different families were talking to a cast member about missing light sabers, so I suspect you aren't the only ones that have done it
Old 05-30-2008, 06:17 PM   #100
Cinderlala
Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
While folding clothes in preparation for packing them for our flight home today, and before my computer battery poops out...

I wish we'd just bought the $10 light sabers from the start. The build your own are HUGE and they don't fold all the way down into the hilt. Eamon couldn't carry his all day,

Anyway, once we realized it was on OUR heads, we got guilty, so the kid ended up with TWO of the $10, no light-up no noise light sabers that retract all the way and have a belt-clip, and that's what we should have gotten to begin with!!!

This is good information to have....we already have several of the regular light sabers & now we can plan accordingly. Thanks!

You are probably home by now & I hope your trip was enjoyable!

Me DH DS4
Old 05-30-2008, 07:28 PM   #101
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

[QUOTE=6Smiles;24727647]
OT: My DD(6) just asked me "Mom when you were a little girl a long, long, long, long, long time ago did you go to the beach?" How old does she think I am?

[QUOTE]

LOL--when I was a kid I asked my Mom if she came from Missouri in a covered wagon . . .. .

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #102
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Today was a moving day from Hades, and Eamon is next to me on the couch in our new living room, completely passed out, waiting for Robert to get back (where the heck IS he?) from returning his brother's van.

And we have internet access here now (obviously) so I'm typing and I'm thinking....and all the good memories are now overlaying the negative stuff.

We did FINALLY get a silhouette done of Eamon! It was our last thing that we did, on our way out of the park. The lady who did it caught a fairly good image of him, and was brilliant with him. They have a framed collage of stickers of Disney characters, and as she cut out the silhouette she asked him to look at it and find Nemo, or whoever, and she was so FAST! I was very very happy we finally got that done.

Soon I'm going to have to spend time getting my 18 million pictures off of my memory cards (aha, there's Roberto!) and online, so I can do a proper report!

Until then y'all can deal with my scattered thoughts.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:41 AM   #103
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Looking forward to your report, Molly! I am glad that the yucky moving day is behind you now!

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #104
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Thanks Daisy. We still have a bunch of stuff to pack and move, but nothing big or heavy, like yesterday...yesterday we had ONE friend show up and at the last minute we hired two movers and a truck. Today it's random dishes, kitchen appliances, crystal, clothes from the bedroom still, one bathroom, stuff from the closets in one room...the TV, blah blah blah. It'll be a long day, but nothing crazy like yesterday.

Of course then there's the cleaning.

So for now we're running up to our local breakfast place!

Old 06-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #105
avalon451
Errrr... what?

I keep checking back here to see if your trip report is up yet. Looking forward to it!

Isn't it weird how you can take a trip, and it seems like the bad parts are foremost at first, then after a couple of days, the best of it comes back and overall you realize it was really a fun time?

Moving is such a grunt. I hope you get settled in and comfortable soon!

avalon451 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: