Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2008, 01:42 PM   #76
amyamya
Mouseketeer

Have a great time Molly and fam. We will be looking forward to your pic and can't wait to see you in your crocs-with-new-socks! Just a side note about the breakfast thing, I hate paying a ton of cash for breakfast, especially when you are a veggie. I'm just not a breakfast person and would much rather get everyone some protein/carb/fruit combo and head out the door than sit for hours eating a huge, heavy b-fast which later makes you feel you are dragging a semi tire around the park behind you....just my dos pesos...
amyamya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:28 PM   #77
TiggerandTink
Mouseketeer

Well I finally got caught up on your pre-trip report and by the looks of it just in time. I think your flying today right so the vacation is official started, out of the blocks and on the track. I hope you were able to relax a bit before you left. I know moving can be very stressful although it sounds like you are becoming a pro at it. And that last plague, I hope you and hubby are fully recovered so you can enjoy your trip. Just remember to not overdue it too much. Happy Birthday E - I hope you enjoy your visit to the house of the mouse. I look forward to hearing all about your adventures when you return!
Have a great time.

DH ME DS10 DD8

Last edited by TiggerandTink; 05-22-2008 at 10:30 PM. Reason: edited to fix typo
TiggerandTink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #78
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Posting from San Diego!

Things got SO stressful yesterday, at one point I was sitting on the floor, sobbing my eyes out after yelling at my poor kid. I don't want to get all into stuff here, it's not the place, but as I was talking I realized that yesterday was the anniversary of the start of some really stressful, traumatic stuff that still affects me. Once I realized that, things eased in my head and I was able to finish up.

And then the "fun" began as we walked to take public transport up to the airport. And once we got onto the bus it was all good! But getting to the bus, with my newer soft-sided Rick Steves bag worn as a backpack, Baggalini slung on a shoulder, carry-on Rick Steves bag slung over the other shoulder, and carrying an old soccer-gear style bag (I used to live near a soccer company's outlet) AND carrying and/or pushing the folded stroller that DS (carrying just his little spiderman backpack and Every.Single.Rock. he walked past) refused to sit in.

Oh fun.

Of course, hubby had gone into work that morning carrying HIS Rick Steves bag, the Roundabout in the carseat bag, and a full sized desktop computer (no monitor), b/c a work friend of his wanted to buy the desktop.

It's pouring in San Diego and we didn't go to SeaWorld. Maybe it won't rain tomorrow. Sure, there's stuff to see when it rains, but I highly doubt they put on the Pets show when it does, and that is a HUGE part of the fun of our days there.

So now we're trying to figure out what to do, and I'm reacting to my brother's formerly-hypoallergenic cats, while we watch a movie.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:14 PM   #79
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Molly, I am feeling your pain! When we travel, I am the designated pack mule. DH usually has to deal with the electronics and DD...but everything else is my problem (including hauling the stroller). I just throw some smaller things into/on the stroller and that helps out a lot!

I am sorry that you had a rough start and I am hoping for no rain today!!

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:52 PM   #80
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Yay, Seaworld!!!!!

There were sprinkles as we left the house (at around noon, b/c my SIL, though I adore her, can't get out of bed to get to fun places early, LOL) but it all cleared up. Hubby continues his myth that he doesn't/can't sunburn, and only put sunscreen on once, and of course is burned. He also seems to have gotten a bit of heat exhaustion, and isn't feeling well.

Eamon had the BEST time, even though he didn't get a seaworld souvenir sword (I think they are themed to the Journey to Atlantis ride) and didn't step foot in the new Bay of Play.

We started with the Pets Rule show (always a joy!), saw the penguins inside and outside of their building, went into the Arctic building (we don't ever sit through the moving ride (E isn't tall enough) or the no-movement watch-a-movie part, we just walk through to see the beasties.

Fed the bat rays, saw the moray eels, and the sharks.

Saw the Shamu Believe show and the dolphin show!

Also had some lunch (avoid the eggplant parmagian at all costs, though the penne with marinara they serve with it is pretty good) and they've increased their kid meal offerings beyond just a hot dog, to that, or cheese pizza with a breadstick, or pasta with marinara and a breadstick. And yet another carrying case thing (he usually gets them b/c my SIL gets the hot dog kid's meal and gives him the case).

And that was pretty much our day, and it was a good one! By the time we got in the car 3/5 of us were about to fall asleep, so it's good we didn't push ourselves to go to the Bay of Play.

E was really good about using his stroller, and we weren't forcing him in it as well. It was especially good for the walk back to the car.

Had to take a few hours' break for dinner and now I'm just going to post this.

Tomorrow we're off to Anaheim!

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 05-24-2008 at 11:29 PM. Reason: forgot the sharks!
Old 05-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #81
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team

Sounds like a great day! I am glad you all were able to make it to Sea World.

Have a safe trip to Anaheim!

Old 05-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #82
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Well here it is, 11am and we're still in San Diego. Nothin' wrong with that, but hubby is upstairs sleeping with a massive headache and not feeling well (I think he's allergic to something, but he's "not allergic" so that idea has been nixed, just like he "can't sunburn" is always stated).

Brother and SIL are off for a run. Eamon is playing in the big huge TV room (half the size of the enormous living room!) with his new playmobil pirate set that we got when we realized we couldn't go to seaworld that first day. I thought the days would be full of getting out and about, but didn't take the weather or sneezes into account!

He just asked if he would have presents tomorrow. Ruh-roh! Didn't think about wrapped presents! Well he will just have to deal with it. Or I'll figure something out. I always do, and he seems pleased with it, even if I'm usually disappointed in my lack of total planning.

Yesterday he fell asleep on the way home from seaworld (5ish), I put him to bed, and he woke up only after 10pm, gave him some of the pizza we had ordered for him from a yummy Italian restaurant around here, he ate two pieces and drank some water, and fell back to sleep. All the while hubby and brother were in the jacuzzi, talking about geeky stuff I'm sure.

When they saw me carrying E back upstairs Robert finally got a bit guilty (not totally necessary, since he does take the morning shifts when DS wakes up way too early) and came in, and E slept until around 7. Big sleep!

Totally freaked out about the drive to Anaheim, since I think I'll be the one doing it. I don't like driving BIG TALL cars, and that's what we will have, and I'm not looking forward to the freeway we'll be on, etc etc etc.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:59 PM   #83
TiggerandTink
Mouseketeer

I'm so glad that you made it to SeaWorld and had a good time. Sounds like you were able to do quite a lot in the 5 hours you were there! We are planning on going there in a few weeks and I am hoping that it won't be too busy.

Hopefully your drive up to Anaheim will be quiet and uneventful but I know that feeling you speak of. I totally dread driving in big cities and traffic, coming from a very small town I don't usually have to deal with too much of it but whenever we go on trips I tend to have to drive. One, because my husband gets even more stressed out driving in traffic which tends to stress us all and two because he is better at navigating than I am and figuring out what direction I need to be heading in while looking at the map or directions.
I have to admit I can be rather directionally challenged.
I bet Eamon will have a great day tomorrow and won't be bothered at all by the lack of "wrapped" presents, especially if your planning some great "unwrapped" presents and activities. And I am sure he will absolutely love the build your own light saber!! Happy Birthday E!!!

DH ME DS10 DD8
TiggerandTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:48 PM   #84
Cinderlala
Pixie Dust

I'm glad you've had at least one nice day so far!

Good luck with the drive. I don't like to drive big cars either, but at least the tall part will help with visibility on the CA freeways.

[How's the new Volo working out?]

Hope your son has a great birthday!!!!

Me DH DS4
Cinderlala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:43 PM   #85
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

TiggerandTink, we did indeed do a lot there, with the short time we were there! I hadn't thought of it like that. My brother was amazed, you've just reminded me...he said that some days they will look online at the seaworld schedule and try to work things out perfectly, but they'll get there and will have missed the show they were trying to get to and it all tumbles from there. But we seemed to have some serious luck!

I did forget to mention that it was only me and Robert that went to see Shamu: Believe...the brother and SIL whisked Eamon away to have fun! They were supposed to go over to the dolphins in the low pool, where you can touch them, but I guess since it wasn't a feeding time they weren't coming near the humans, and it was disappointing. Therefore, SIL just "drove" E in the Volo around "drunkenly"...which seemed appropriate for a Budweiser park.

Cinderlala, the Volo is working out well! It's nice and bright so we can spot it easily, and it's already a little dirty so I'm not as protective of it.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:47 PM   #86
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Going along with my new title, here's what not to do.

While getting ready to do a "thing to do", namely, meet with some Dis'ers while going to a DVC presentation, do NOT decide "the walk from HoJo to Paradise Pier Hotel isn't that far, I think I'll wear those cute 2 inch mary janes I got from Payless and haven't worn yet!"

not not not.

I have ruined the foot aspect of this trip, and I did it before I even stepped foot (ouch) into the parks! You would not believe the blisters, you just wouldn't! And I don't think I'll take pictures (at least not to post) b/c they would be so horrifying, and I just know the tag fairy would take over my avatar and put them up for all to see. It's horrible.

And no, califgirl, I haven't gotten moleskin for them yet. I'm just limping along with my two pairs of socks and my crocs! Poor tootsies.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #87
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team

Oh, Molly! You poor thing!
I have had horrendous blisters at Disney and it is just awful. I hope that you have a better day tomorrow.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:06 PM   #88
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Daisy.

You all will be SO proud of me! After our small meal at Blue Bayou (I'll write more later about the whole day) we actually did make it back to the hotel, and the boys are napping right now!

I'm not a napper by nature so I'm not sleeping (hope not, at least!) but I figure sitting in a bed with my warm boy next to me, typing away is *rest*, if not sleep.

The question right now is...did I pack the camera-to-computer cable, and if I did, where is it?

Old 05-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #89
amyamya
Mouseketeer

Ouch!

And you had such a good shoe plan, switching mid-day, keeping the tootsies happy? Hope you can wrap your feet in bubble-wrap and still have a great time!
amyamya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #90
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Ow! Ow! Ow!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Hedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: