Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #826
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexandme View Post
We went to MVMCP in November last year. I did Haunted Mansion in my own Doombuggy, by myself, and will never do that again. I was actually scared! And my husband and son were in the Doombuggy in front of me!

And I will never eat a turkey leg. It looks barbaric and prehistoric!

I think around 15 years ago when I was about 10 years old I broke the turnstile at HM because I got so scared - this was after waiting in line for over an hour - my parents were not very happy!!!

I tried a turkey leg a few years ago on a trip with friends...I took three bites and I was too full to eat anymore!! What a waste!
Shannon84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #827
elaine and the boys
DIS Veteran

During our last visit to MK, while our teenage sons went on SM, my husband and I rode IASW, very early, "mostly" alone, singing along at the top of our lungs the entire ride!

Offsite~Apr'76/Offsite~Dec'82/POFQ~Feb'03/CBR~Feb'04/CSR~Dec'05/Dolphin~Feb'07/
POR~Feb'08/Dolphin~Dec'09/Swan~Feb'11/POFQ~Mar'12/Swan~Feb'12/Swan~Feb'13

elaine and the boys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #828
big_red_s
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyNee View Post
I totally agree! I can't stand HSM. It's like adrug to kids

Same here, but from what I understand it's their "Grease"
big_red_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #829
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

I've never had a Dole Whip.

I don't like High School Musical.

Dinosaur was one of the scariest experiences of my life! They seem so real....well at least how I would imagine a Dinosaur to be like!

The first day I go to a park on a trip, I tear up a bit.

Watching Wishes always makes me cry.

I prefer the traditional hand-drawn animation to the computer generated animation movies.

I will wear clothing at Disney I wouldn't be caught dead in anywhere else - like my white cap with a sequin Mickey on it.

I stole a napkin from Citricos so I could remember my wonderful meal there - I use it as a dish towel!

Last edited by cbg1027; 09-05-2009 at 09:32 PM.
cbg1027 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #830
Kyen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg1027 View Post
I stole a napkin from Citricos so I could remember my wonderful meal there - I use it as a dish towel!
Old 09-05-2009, 10:55 PM   #831
LauraAnn630
See you in April 2011!

Turkey legs are gross
I dont think they have enough carts selling food/drinks

I dont get pin trading. I buy pins for every ride, show and park. I want to keep them! - my kids love it.

We only go to AK to ride Dinosaur and EE.

The kids like the water parks and resort pool best.

LauraAnn630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #832
dfchelbay
DIS Veteran

We always take one last trip to the Magic Kingdom, just to walk around Main Street USA for a little bit, before we have to head back home. I always tear up when I am forced to leave. As I approach the flag area it begins and as I hit the train station, it's a full on lip quiver and tearing up of the eyes, as I take one last look at Main Street and Cinderella Castle and silently say inside my head,

"So long, see ya real soon".
dfchelbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #833
D. Crockett
King Of The Wild Frontier

As a kid, I was terrified of the Dino's from Epcot's Universe of Energy. (Now Ellen's Energy Adventure).
D. Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #834
smokeyblue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
A few years back there was a commercial sponsored by Kodak shown in the waiting area before one of the attractions. I seem to remember it being before one of the 3D movies. It was about a little boy that lost his dog and he posted photos of him around town. He did get the dog back. Anyway, the dog was a Golden and I stood in line and sobbed because it made me miss mine even more. My family pretended they didn't know me!
Last visit I saw this pre-show/commercial with the golden retriever too. I had to fight so hard to hold back the tears because we had just lost our beloved golden a few months earlier and this was the first year he didn't make the trip with us to Florida.
smokeyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:13 AM   #835
lexandme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyblue View Post
Last visit I saw this pre-show/commercial with the golden retriever too. I had to fight so hard to hold back the tears because we had just lost our beloved golden a few months earlier and this was the first year he didn't make the trip with us to Florida.
Smokeyblue,
I understand how you feel. We just lost our best friend, "Lexington" this past Friday evening. He passed from cancer at the age of 10. It was very sudden and we had no warning even though we knew cancer is very common in Goldens. If I were to watch that video now I would have to be carried out of the theatre in restraints.
lexandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #836
smokeyblue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Smokeyblue,
I understand how you feel. We just lost our best friend, "Lexington" this past Friday evening. He passed from cancer at the age of 10. It was very sudden and we had no warning even though we knew cancer is very common in Goldens. If I were to watch that video now I would have to be carried out of the theatre in restraints.
I'm sorry for your loss. Indy had tumors removed on 3 different occasions over four years. I think the cancer finally went to his bowels and there was nothing more that could be done. He was nearly 13 and had an excellent life. I can say there is a day that goes by that I don't think of him and I can still imagine how it felt to wrap my arms around him and give him a hug.
smokeyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #837
Disney Daddy et al
Mouseketeer

Not afraid of the dark lol

Well I'm not sure this qualifies but my kids think I love Roller Coasters because I first introduced them to BTM, RnR, EE, and Space Mountain. What they don't know is I would never have riden these in the light of day. I first agreed to ride them because it was in the dark and I could not see what was ahead. Keep my eyes closed most of the time and since we spend 5 to 7 days at Universal each year I was very grateful that Rip Ride Rocket opened the day we departed in August. Not sure I will be able to avoid next year.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:32 PM   #838
Melissa<3Disney
Mouseketeer

-I would be satisfied just doing RnR and Fantasmic at HS..the rest just kind of bores me! (although I can't wait to ride TSM and ToT..if I don't chicken out!!)
-The stitch ride literally makes me sick to my stomach.
-I still get butterflies in my stomach when I go to WDW and I lived in Orlando for two years!!
-I cry whenever our days/trips there are over!
-(not really for me) MK is my boyfriend's least favorite park..he's not really a magical kind of guy!! He loves AK though!!
-I have never seen Illuminations (although I really want to!)
-I don't get the hype behind It's a Small World... I want to rip my ears off by the end of that ride!
-Dinosaur is hands down the scariest ride I've ever been on! And i've ridden many a roller coaster!!
Old 09-13-2009, 12:09 PM   #839
plutoluvsfifi
Mouseketeer

OK I admit it. I listen to Disney Radio in the car. I have no kids and no excuse.
plutoluvsfifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #840
dizfanz
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am.

I hate ADRs. I will never make one.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: