Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2009, 08:00 AM   #811
KJ Luvs Pluto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaneyc52 View Post
I totally agree...I so miss and worry about my Golden when we are away.
You mean I can't take my golden with me? I was going to put a shirt on him and just tell the CM he was a big hairy kid.

My shameful secret: I could see Philharmagic every day of a trip and not get tired of it.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:46 PM   #812
plutoluvsfifi
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=KJ Luvs Pluto;33284138]You mean I can't take my golden with me? I was going to put a shirt on him and just tell the CM he was a big hairy kid.

THATíS IT! My dog is a French Bull Dog. From the day he became ours, itís been apparent to us that Frenchies were more that a little bit of the inspiration for Stitch. He not only looks like Stitch (giant pointed ears, round head, ,a small nub where most dogs have a tail), but he acts like Stitch...He never stops getting into mischief. Maybe I could convince the front gate that he IS Stitch. The only trouble is that he would eat your autograph book rather than sign it. Just like you-know-who might

A shameful secret, I tear up at those corny street shows at the MK. I canít begin to say why. Sheer joy of being there I guess. Talk about embarrassing.
plutoluvsfifi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2009, 05:19 PM   #813
Cowgirlroy
Earning My Ears

secret

I have to say that my Disney secret would be that my fiance and I skip in Disney. And I mean full on skipping, hard core. So if you see two 25 year olds skipping it could be us. LOL
Cowgirlroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #814
delaneyc52
First trip 1971...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ Luvs Pluto View Post
You mean I can't take my golden with me? I was going to put a shirt on him and just tell the CM he was a big hairy kid.
OK Let's do it!! After all Goldens are probably better behaved than (oh I just can't say it without getting criticized!).....

Contemporary; Caribbean Beach; Coronado Springs: Polynesian; Wilderness Lodge; Animal Kingdom Jambo; Animal Kingdom Kidani; Boardwalk; Beach Club; Port Orleans; Saratoga Springs; Old Key West; Grand Floridian; Bay Lake Towers; Vero Beach; Hilton Head
delaneyc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #815
lexandme
DIS Veteran

A few years back there was a commercial sponsored by Kodak shown in the waiting area before one of the attractions. I seem to remember it being before one of the 3D movies. It was about a little boy that lost his dog and he posted photos of him around town. He did get the dog back. Anyway, the dog was a Golden and I stood in line and sobbed because it made me miss mine even more. My family pretended they didn't know me!
lexandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:22 PM   #816
cmusschoot
DIS Veteran

Fireworks

My kids have been to Disney 6+ times but have never seen a fireworks show...I put them to bed early....

This Sep. they will se Wishes for the first time and it makes me cry every time...especially when the little kids sings, "starlight...starbright". you are singing it too now aren't you???
Old 08-30-2009, 06:31 AM   #817
Kyen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexandme View Post
A few years back there was a commercial sponsored by Kodak shown in the waiting area before one of the attractions. I seem to remember it being before one of the 3D movies. It was about a little boy that lost his dog and he posted photos of him around town. He did get the dog back. Anyway, the dog was a Golden and I stood in line and sobbed because it made me miss mine even more. My family pretended they didn't know me!
Don't worry so did II even called home!!!
It was for Honey, I Shrunk The Audience.

I have never tasted a Dole Whip. Plus the idea of Pineapple juice and icecream kinda makes my stomach turn.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:09 AM   #818
MissRoseDarrensAngel
Will Turner's Pirate Princess

When I went recently with my mother and my sister's kids, me and my nephew wanted to take it easy but my mom wanted to go from Epcot to MK so I said I will stay with my nephew. My mom took my niece to MK so she could ride the monorail. After seeing Circle of Life, I treated my nephew to a mickey ice cream bar and a coke (as my mother seldom allowed the kids any treats like that), and I had a pineapple bar and a diet coke. Shameful in eyes of my mother, yes. Not in mine for sure!

(from Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End)
MissRoseDarrensAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:45 PM   #819
snowbound78
Working on 12th trip!

Disney guilt (((shiver)))

Eleven trips on property and NEVER used early morning advantage.
I really don't like Downtown Disney, and have never been to a Planet Hollywood (anywhere).
I've never liked the Polynesian Resort.
I'd really LIKE to try to drink my way around the World once.
The coffee just plain STINKS at WDW!
I'm just too lazy to get over to Sea World, and I've ALWAYS wanted to go.
I'm completely able to ignore the fact that there are children around most of the time.
snowbound78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:59 PM   #820
plutoluvsfifi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbound78 View Post
Eleven trips on property and NEVER used early morning advantage.
I really don't like Downtown Disney, and have never been to a Planet Hollywood (anywhere).
I've never liked the Polynesian Resort.
I'd really LIKE to try to drink my way around the World once.
The coffee just plain STINKS at WDW!
I'm just too lazy to get over to Sea World, and I've ALWAYS wanted to go.
I'm completely able to ignore the fact that there are children around most of the time.
I agree about the coffee for the most part, but have you tried it at Boma? Yum.
plutoluvsfifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:52 PM   #821
TStrickland01
Houston we have a problem...

Snowbound, we stay at a condo less than 2 miles from Sea World, on I Drive and we have never gone either. Drinking around the World can be fun, just put some DIS-inged t-shirts together that have a checklist for "conquering the world 1 beer at a time".

Reality, another of my shameful secrets has to be that like so many others, a Dole Whip has no appeal to me.

'72,'83,'84,'06,'07,'08,'09,'10 (condo); '12 POP,'13 CBR
TStrickland01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:58 PM   #822
TStrickland01

Shameful secret #99

Have the CD of the event music (Boo to You, HalloWishes, Dreams Come True, etc...) and play it in the car 5-6 times a week. Burned a CD with and intentionally included Goofy's Candy segment.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:13 PM   #823
TStrickland01

Family Black Out, while there are many points to argue against (c'mon never seeing Chicken Little? it's the DW favorite and we have a plush that gets put on the bed!!), fighting the Faeries or the Princesses is a losing battle. Enjoy the Stitch "one off" adventures, but most of the rest will still work.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #824
lexandme
DIS Veteran

We went to MVMCP in November last year. I did Haunted Mansion in my own Doombuggy, by myself, and will never do that again. I was actually scared! And my husband and son were in the Doombuggy in front of me!

And I will never eat a turkey leg. It looks barbaric and prehistoric!
lexandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #825
big_red_s
Mouseketeer

Last time I went to Disney (while still single) with the girl I was seeing off and on (and never saw her again after our trip) I came back with a roll of pictures of .... Lucy Lawless who was promoting the Xena ride at Universal.

By the way, Lucy Lawless is a lovely person, she stood in line with the everyone else to take rides, talked to everyone who approached her, gave autographs etc.

I had a great day because I went to the park by myself (she went to visit her sister in Orlando) and I spent the day with another girl I met there (and never saw her again either).
big_red_s is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: