Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #796
plutoluvsfifi
Mouseketeer

What a good idea this thread is! They say confession is good for the soul so here goes

Iím not a big Toy Story fan.

Disney has RUINED Eeoyre by making him far too happy (heís gloomy people-thatís the point).

Epcot is my least favorite park. If it wasnít for the food I might spend a whole trip without getting around to it.

The Hall Of Presidents is a great place for a cool refreshing nap.

One of my favorite ďridesĒ is the dinning plan.

I cry when I hear Circle Of Life any time, any where.

I feed the birds even when asked not to.

I was married at WDW. Love my marriage, hate my Wedding Planner.

Maybe itís all the hype, but Christmas time at WDW isnít quite as magical as I thought it would be. This includes MVMCP.

I really miss the old Osborn light show at HS

If I could choose where to spend my last day on earth, it would be at WDW.

There, I feel better. Thanks for listening.
plutoluvsfifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:20 AM   #797
Schmoodle
DIS Veteran

Too Funny!

My shameful secrets are:

When I am having a stressful day, I go to WDW in my head. Nobody I know IRL would get this.

I spend way too much time on the DIS forums.

I will wear clothing with cartoon characters on it at WDW (I have a rule about this at home. A 47YO woman just shouldn't, ya know?). Although everyone will know after PP takes a pic of me and puts it on FB.

I fantasize that I will get a job at the Haunted Mansion when I retire. I'm hoping the castmembers actually get to LIVE in the mansion.

It kinda creeps me out the way Disney owns a lot of people when they are at WDW (MYW packages) - picks them up at the airport (ME), takes them to a Disney-owned resort, provides all their food (DDP), souvenirs, takes them back to the airport. AND has them convinced that this is to that they'll have a more "magical" experience. I've always stayed off-property though. Having said that, I have a MYW pkg booked for September so I can experience the dark side.

ooh, thought of more.

I don't really like AK much.

The Circle of Life movie pisses me off.

1974 - Family Camping Trip
January 1991 - Family Trip to Westgate Vacation Villas
May 1996 - Best Girlfriend's Trip, Vacation Villas at Fantasy World
July 1998 - Hottest Trip Ever! Parkway International Resort
December 2002 - Multi-Family Dance Trip to Sheraton Vistana Resort
December 2004 - Anthony and Gabbie's First Visit (Can't remember the name of the condo and don't want to try)
October 2008 - The Kids and I stay at Marrott Grande Vista
September 2009 - The Quest for Grownup Food and CSR (First On-Site) stay
January 2010 - Gabbie's Birthday Trip to Carribean Beach Resort and Wilderness Lodge
March 2010 - Sneaking away from work for a day at Epcot and the Boardwalk Inn
August 2011 - Cheating on Mickey Trip

Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2009, 03:17 PM   #798
Lakeside Pirate
Earning My Ears

I make my DD and DS go to Coutry Bear Jamboree everytime we go, partly just to watch them roll their eyes at me for wanting to go. For some reason the show makes me smile everytime. It's starting to grow on them too.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:55 PM   #799
daly7o9
An hour from WDW

I don't like Dole whips, I can't wear Crocs (too wide), and I have been known to wear a fanny pack.
daly7o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #800
Bill Brown
December Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeside Pirate View Post
I make my DD and DS go to Country Bear Jamboree everytime we go, partly just to watch them roll their eyes at me for wanting to go. For some reason the show makes me smile everytime. It's starting to grow on them too.
Some years back about a dozen college kids treated Country Bear Jamboree Christmas Edition like they were attending an actual rock concert. It was great. The audience makes or breaks shows. Those kids made for my best Country Bear Jamboree memory.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #801
Mauldita
Mouseketeer

Don't like..

Fantasmic! - Would rather ride IASW 10 times in a row.
Dole Whips! - Just don't get the hype.
Never have taken the time to watch a "regular" parade. (saw "Boo to you!" last year and loved it, so all parades are on my list for this year)
... it just feels so good to get that off my chest.
2007 Saratoga Springs (F&W Festival)
2008 Coronado Springs (F&W Festival)
2009 Coronado Springs (F&W Festival)
2010 Bonnet Creek
2011 Polynesian **Adult Only Trip!!**

Virtual Swap Meet!!
Check out my trades on Page 47 of this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2001742
Mauldita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #802
lexandme
DIS Veteran

I take every "Walt Disney World Resorts" pen I can get my hands on!

I took seashells from Castaway Cay on our cruise last November even though they warn you not to!!!

Plutoluvsfifi - I don't like any of the Winnie the Pooh characters. And we need to talk - how can you not like Toy Story!?!
lexandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #803
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Ooo! FUN! I want to play

I can't stand Fantasmic, I think it's a dumb show.

I'm petrified of It's Tough to Be a Bug, so I walk through and wait for my traveling partners on the other side. When a kid comes out with their parent because it scares them, I try to send brain waves to let them know that it's okay, it's scary, I don't don't like it either and I'm grown. I like to think it helps

I'm not a fan of LeCellier and I don't see what people get so worked up over. It's a steak, come to my house, I cook for you, yes?

When I go to sleep at night, I try to think about Disney World before I go to sleep because they say the last thing you think about is what you dream about. Sometimes it works!

Whenever I'm somewhere...anywhere...and someone starts talking about WDW, I have to bite my tongue. That is of course until they start saying false information, then I butt in and gently correct them. I embarass my boyfriend.
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #804
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

ok confession time

My last trip i meant to get a DOLE WHIP and didn;t. Never had one so in Oct will find one. Next i detest STITCH. The worst in March my family left yes LEFT 19 snacks. I wanted to kick myself. I took my brother btw and he ruined alot of stuff for me so in Oct i will be going solo.
honeydiane1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:49 AM   #805
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

I've not riden the most of the "headliner" rides - space mountain, big thunder mountain railroad, splash mountain, mission space, test track, tower of terror, rock and roll roller coaster or Everest. I am a ride chicken so these remain unridden for me (and probably always will).

When left to my own devices I do a circle of 4 rides - Buzz, TTA, Stitch and Carousel of Progress; I rarely leave tomorrowland in the MK.

I can't stay in a value resort, I just can't.

I spend too much time planning what I'm going to eat, looking at pictures of what I'm going to eat, making spreadsheets of where I'm going to eat, eating, taking pictures of what I eat and then writing about what I ate.

I love WDW so much that when I'm having a bad day, I go onto the disneyworld site and "plan" a trip. I just don't hit the actual "book now" button.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #806
delaneyc52
First trip 1971...

Fun! I too would love to see a stroller free day at each park!

I think all the WDW Park restaurants are mediocre at best...especially Epcot (which is still my favorite park despite the restaurants).

People who congregate in the middle of walkways without moving to the side make me crazy.

Can't get into that pin thing.

Hate paying $8 for a Margarita.....but I do!!!

Contemporary; Caribbean Beach; Coronado Springs: Polynesian; Wilderness Lodge; Animal Kingdom Jambo; Animal Kingdom Kidani; Boardwalk; Beach Club; Port Orleans; Saratoga Springs; Old Key West; Grand Floridian; Bay Lake Towers; Vero Beach; Hilton Head
delaneyc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:00 PM   #807
plutoluvsfifi
Mouseketeer

I say that there should be a dog day at each park once a year. It could be announced well in advance so that those who wouldnít enjoy sharing Disney with canine tourists could avoid it. I do confess that missing my dog is the hardest part of a WDW trip for me.

DCL should offer a few doggie cruises as well. Last year we cruised with friends who were missing their dog also. One of them saw Mickey and Pluto and asked the CM who was with them why Mickey could have his dog on the ship but she couldnít. They walked away from her with out answering. How rude.
plutoluvsfifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:25 PM   #808
delaneyc52
First trip 1971...

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutoluvsfifi View Post
I say that there should be a dog day at each park once a year:
I totally agree...I so miss and worry about my Golden when we are away.

Contemporary; Caribbean Beach; Coronado Springs: Polynesian; Wilderness Lodge; Animal Kingdom Jambo; Animal Kingdom Kidani; Boardwalk; Beach Club; Port Orleans; Saratoga Springs; Old Key West; Grand Floridian; Bay Lake Towers; Vero Beach; Hilton Head
delaneyc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:16 PM   #809
IlovemythreeC's
Mouseketeer

I never have seen Carousel of Progress, but looking foward to seeing it in October

IlovemythreeC's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #810
lexandme
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Plutoluvsfifi! I admit, it was I that asked Pluto and Mickey's handler why I wasn't allowed to bring my Golden on board. I was told it was because Mickey had a dog house for Pluto. Acting like a 10 year old, I taunted back that my dog could just stay in my stateroom with me and he didn't need a dog house. The handler smiled a strange smile and quickly wisked Mickey and Pluto away from me.

I also "book" pretend trips to WDW and for cruises. Last week I "booked" a repositioning DCL cruise to Europe followed by a 10 day Baltic. Grand total in a cat. 5 for 2 adults and 1 child was in the ballpark of $20,000 (not including the flights back home!). We're not going!

I love value resorts the best (Music and POP Century are my favorites). They are much more whimsical and "Disneylike" to me.

I too have never tasted a Dole Whip (though I want to).
I have never done IASW due to the fear that I will never get the song out of my head.
My husband loves the Boardwalk and I get nothing but bored.
lexandme is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: