Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #61
Redbudlover
DIS Veteran

I dislike the Studios - a lot. It feels dirty and unkempt to me. I like
Tot but you have o go to the Studios to ride it. Love Brown Derby, so it is Tot and dinner and I'm gone

Teacups make me sick, but I love coasters. The parades at MK are the only ones I watch. Love AK most of all, except for the parade. I just float along there loving every part of it. Something about the ambiance - especially on rainy days.

And my most serious secret of all is that I go to Disney to eat. I fit my whole schedule around my ADRs and various tours... Thank God for deluxe dining!!!
Redbudlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:19 AM   #62
NJGuy3
"You forgot one very important thing, mate...I'm Captain Jack Sparrow"

Some of my shameful secrets that come to mind:
I've never ridden on the Teacups.
I've never been to Tom Sawyer's Island.
I've never ridden the carrrousel at MK.
I don't like Stich's Great Escape.
I always look forward to riding the Monorail more than anything else...

Still too early in the morning for my brain to be fully functioning...lol...I'm sure I can think of more.

April '82: off-prop * June '88:Disneyland * July '90: off-prop *Nov.'04:ASMoR * Aug.'05:ASMuR * Dec.'06:POFQ *Jan.'07:PCR * May'07:BCR * Aug./Sept.'07:CBR * Oct.'07:PORR * Dec.'07:CSR
May '08:PCR * March '09:BWI * May'09:PORR * July'09:SSR * Sept.'09:OKW * May'10:BWI
Aug.'10:BVS(off-prop) * Oct.'10:PCR * Feb.'11:DCL Dream/AKV * Dec.'11:Honeymoon Trip-AKV * April.'12:SSR * Oct.'12: off-prop * Dec.'12:DCL Fantasy/BWI * May'13: off-prop * Sept.'13:BCR
Dec.'13:ABD Disneyland *Feb.'14: off-prop * Oct.'14:DCL Magic
Follow me: Flickr - Facebook
NJGuy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2008, 07:32 AM   #63
jadedbeauty14304
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGuy3 View Post
Some of my shameful secrets that come to mind:
I've never ridden on the Teacups.
I've never been to Tom Sawyer's Island.
I've never ridden the carrrousel at MK.
I don't like Stich's Great Escape.
I always look forward to riding the Monorail more than anything else...

Still too early in the morning for my brain to be fully functioning...lol...I'm sure I can think of more.
Wow Leo! Same here for all of those!! Except I look forward to riding Space Mountain more than the Monorail!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:47 AM   #64
NJGuy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedbeauty14304 View Post
Wow Leo! Same here for all of those!! Except I look forward to riding Space Mountain more than the Monorail!
Cool.

Tracy, nothing beats the monorail! lol

April '82: off-prop * June '88:Disneyland * July '90: off-prop *Nov.'04:ASMoR * Aug.'05:ASMuR * Dec.'06:POFQ *Jan.'07:PCR * May'07:BCR * Aug./Sept.'07:CBR * Oct.'07:PORR * Dec.'07:CSR
May '08:PCR * March '09:BWI * May'09:PORR * July'09:SSR * Sept.'09:OKW * May'10:BWI
Aug.'10:BVS(off-prop) * Oct.'10:PCR * Feb.'11:DCL Dream/AKV * Dec.'11:Honeymoon Trip-AKV * April.'12:SSR * Oct.'12: off-prop * Dec.'12:DCL Fantasy/BWI * May'13: off-prop * Sept.'13:BCR
Old 04-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #65
jadedbeauty14304
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGuy3 View Post
Cool.

Tracy, nothing beats the monorail! lol
OK I'll make sure I ride it in May and try to find it better than Space Mountain.... I'll let ya know...lol
Old 04-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #66
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

I've got two about food. I had a Dole Whip once, didn't "get" it-I much prefer the strawberry swirls at Enchanted Grove. Also, I had a Kaki Gori just once, I much prefer the Raspas at home. Epcot needs a raspa stand!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #67
acourtwdw
DIS Veteran

I cry like a baby when we first get to MK and I see the castle!

I don't like the Stitch attraction (I love Stitch) and when it was Alien Encounter, I was scared!

Caro of Progress is one of my favorites!

I don't like Dole Whips but love pineapple!

Can't wait to do Deluxe Dining in Sept. Arranged my park days around my ADR's!
Places we've stayed at WDW:Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Cornado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings

Other Disney Properties:Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Cruise Line, Platinum, baby! (including the WBTA 2010 and Hawaii Oct 2012) and Disneyland Paris
acourtwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:30 PM   #68
Mr. Snail
Earning My Ears

I only had a Dole Whip on my most recent trip, and would not have known about them if I hadn't read about them here.

I liked the Dole Whip but thought it was just ok.

It's getting to the point that in this thread, at least, liking the Stitch ride would be the secret. I kind of do, mainly because I like how smoothly he moves.

I think the Electrical Water Pageant is kind of cheesy in a low tech, low key kind of way..but I like it specifically because if that.

I love Figment.

I like the drawing class at the Hollywood Studios even though it's pretty much the closest thing to formal training in drawing I've ever had, and I'm terrible at it.

I miss the Mister Toad ride.

I think I might have noticed the "secret" way into the Animal Kingdom by way of the Rainforest Cafe at a time when the turnstiles weren't up, years ago on a college spring break trip. I didn't look closer to take advantage because of my nagging since of honesty.

On my most recent trip, I repeatedly walked into the Japanese pavilion at EPCOT because I thought it was so funny hearing the greeters give their loud "(insert a few Japanese words). Welcome to Japan!" greeting. I hope they're still there...
Old 04-11-2008, 07:03 AM   #69
acm563
Passionate for Life~Are we there yet?~A dream is a wish your heart makes....~Can we all just get along~No more drama please

Since so many mention the Stitch Ride I guess I must have another shameful secret because I love it...probably not the actual ride so much as Stitch . I can sit there and do the whole monologue as I have listened to my son do his impression of it for so many years now. I cover my nose when he eats the chili dog(now I do think that part is gross) and at the end you will hear me saying "Cinderella your Prince is here"! That is my favorite thing in the whole ride.

Sorry Leo, while I like the monorail and love riding up front on it my son and I both comment that it smells like a urinal everytime you get on it and we keep threatening to bring air fresheners and hang one in the cars
Old 04-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #70
CinRell
DIS Veteran

Mr. Snail I love your sig! The house that was filmed in is near where I live. They've refurbed it and opened it for tours. I went once and met the guy who delivered the "fra-gi-le" package. He still lives on that block and was hired as an extra.

Sorry for the hijack.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #71
sand2270
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinRell View Post
Mr. Snail I love your sig! The house that was filmed in is near where I live. They've refurbed it and opened it for tours. I went once and met the guy who delivered the "fra-gi-le" package. He still lives on that block and was hired as an extra.

Sorry for the hijack.

oh my god that's awesome!!!
sand2270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #72
NJGuy3

Quote:

Sorry for the hijack.
I luv 'A Christmas Story'.
Why do all these little interesting tidbits take place in Ohio? Cindy, you're right...maybe I should move to Ohio and give it a try...

I too apologize for the hijack.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:29 AM   #73
Mr. Snail
Earning My Ears

Quote:
A Christmas Story is probably my favorite movie, either that or The Lion King. It's so rare to find a Christmas movie that isn't sappy and manipulative. Lately they've dropped all pretense of being otherwise and are mostly made-for-TV.

And just so we can keep talking about dirty Disney secrets, I was disappointed when they rejuvenated the Odyssey Center at Epcot because it had the only public restroom where I could feel comfortable "taking a seat" without anyone else coming in. No one else seemed to know it was there.

I discovered Japan's Pocky sticks at Disney.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:28 AM   #74
Hakunaa Matata
Earning My Ears

i haven't been back since 1985
Hakunaa Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 04:58 AM   #75
rebecca06261
DIS Pirate Wench

Location: Living in Fantasy Land on most days but sleeping in Spring Hill, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakunaa Matata View Post
i haven't been back since 1985
I think it's time you take advantage of Free Dining and plan yourself a trip!
rebecca06261 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: