Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #2341
Alyssa88
I love it! Bad football team, good academics
I thought you were here. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
I know! Doesn't that make you want to know!?
I mean, it wasn't terrible stuff. So the details aren't as juicy as I might have unintentionally lead people to believe, lol. It is just something I would never have the guts to do so obviously now, out of fear of the potential consequences. Guess this is growing up?

January of 2007-Port Orleans Riverside with family. Got to celebrate my 19th birthday!
June of 2009-POP CENTURY with the best friend to celebrate our College graduation!! 21
April 2013- Art of Animation (NEMO) to introduce my niece to WDW
Alyssa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #2342
Foxxie52
Mouseketeer

I hate Cinderella! I think she's a sap!

I often ask Wendy to get out my picture so it can just be Peter and me (I ask politely though).

I have used my young niece as an excuse for just about everything (ie. my niece wanted me to go on Dumbo for her while I'm here. She loves that ride!)

I have run to find Peter Pan in the parks!

I don't know what the dole whip is!

My favourite ride is Carosel of Progress but nearly everyone I know thinks it's lame.

I have been known to call Pin collectors "saddo muppets" when describing them to my friends because I don't want to admit I collect them too!

Okay, here's my worst:
I have actually ridden the tram out to the carpark EVEN THOUGH I don't have a car parked there!

I think I need help....

Me(30), DH(38), Jessica, Sunrise, Sunset
October 1995, June 1999, October 2001, Disney Cruise Line Cast Member (2006-2008), CM - Rose and Crown (2008-2009), Babymoon April 2013, next planned trip? 2021!

Last edited by Foxxie52; 01-11-2013 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Added something
Foxxie52 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #2343
ForeverWithStitch
Earning My Ears

Lol awesome
ForeverWithStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #2344
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
Our secret won't seem crazy to everyone here, but we're planning to back in a few months and aren't telling a single person. We're not telling family, friends, coworkers..nobody. We were just there last month and don't want to hear comments.
What I tell people is:
Whoever pays the piper calls the music.

If your family/friends wants you to go on a vacation and they are willing to pay for it, go and have a great time on them. If you are paying for the trip you go where and when you choose to go.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #2345
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxie52
I hate Cinderella! I think she's a sap!

I often ask Wendy to get out my picture so it can just be Peter and me (I ask politely though).

I have used my young niece as an excuse for just about everything (ie. my niece wanted me to go on Dumbo for her while I'm here. She loves that ride!)

I have run to find Peter Pan in the parks!

I don't know what the dole whip is!

My favourite ride is Carosel of Progress but nearly everyone I know thinks it's lame.

I have been known to call Pin collectors "saddo muppets" when describing them to my friends because I don't want to admit I collect them too!

Okay, here's my worst:
I have actually ridden the tram out to the carpark EVEN THOUGH I don't have a car parked there!

I think I need help....
The tram ride without a car made me laugh lol
Old 01-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #2346
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

I FINALLY told my dh about the solo trip I have coming up at the end of the month.
He laughed, and in the end it was no big deal. Whew!
However, I'm still NOT telling anyone else. I just don't want to deal with the comments
people feel compelled to make about Disney trips and my going there alone...
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

No new trip planned...so sad!
dtstampz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #2347
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

I don't like the Mickey waffles.
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:41 AM   #2348
DonaldDuck3
Earning My Ears

I love donald duck. He is eveb tattooed on me. When i see him in the parks i get very excited like a liitle kid even at 38. I always have to get pictures witj no matter how long the wait.

My other disney shameful secret is i hate fireworks. I find them boring. I would rather be on big thunder mountain. My favorite ride.
DonaldDuck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #2349
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstampz View Post
I FINALLY told my dh about the solo trip I have coming up at the end of the month.
However, I'm still NOT telling anyone else. I just don't want to deal with the comments
I've been solo and always had a great time! I can't talk to anyone about Disney up here either. No one understands. Thank goodness for Disboards!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuck3 View Post
I love donald duck. He is eveb tattooed on me. When i see him in the parks i get very excited like a liitle kid even at 38. I always have to get pictures witj no matter how long the wait.

My other disney shameful secret is i hate fireworks. I find them boring. I would rather be on big thunder mountain. My favorite ride.

Your first post is a confession!

dhorner233 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #2350
Plaid Sheep
What you get when two areas collide

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYfriedPanda View Post
sigh... couldn't agree more... i miss pleasure island's night-time parties... especially the jello shots sold in syringes out on the street...
I TOTALLY miss PI on Thursdays.. I miss starting the night at Fireworks and hitting the Island. I miss the midnight shows... I miss the Beach Club.. I miss the ice shot thingy out front... I miss the jello shots.. I miss my favorite bartenders....I miss being really naughty at the Adventurers club...
I had a backdoor card at Mannaquins and wasn't afraid to use it!

(sigh) My 20's were AWESOME!!

Plaid Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #2351
diznee25
DIS Veteran

Shameful Secrets:

We don't share our vacation plans with family, until the last minute. Getting tired of the 'rude' comments. (We'll never vacation anywhere else...get over it!!)

DH and I have come to favor AKL so much now, that we don't want to stay anywhere else!

I've always wanted to get an autograph book and have the characters sign it.

and last one:

I am planning our retirement life around Disney! The plan is to move to Florida so we can be close to WDW! (Only 30 years to go! lol) The shameful part is I've been planning this since I was 18 years old. And it's not a pipe dream, I will make it happen!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #2352
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstampz View Post
Too funny! I have also planned solo trips and waited to tell DH. Then I pretend while we are sitting watching TV that I "just found" a great rate for an upcoming long weekend. I then say "we should go" and he says" I can't but you are more than welcome too." This has worked several times

I also tell NO ONE because I just get sick of dealing with people's comments. I am not embarrassed. I just do not want to try to explain to them what they will never understand

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Couchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #2353
pawprints1116
Earning My Ears

I've never had a picture taken with a princess. I get nervous like a small child! My goal is, on my next trip (on 2/1) to get one with Ariel and/or one with Rapunzel and/or one with Tiana (my top princesses)! My honey doesn't know yet Hopefully I don't chicken out!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #2354
KaylaSue22
Earning My Ears

I think the Nemo show is absolutely horrible!
KaylaSue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #2355
OutNChiTown
Earning My Ears

The tree at Animal Kingdom gives me the willies... I mean seriously, a tree with 325 animals carved in to it. It's just weird to me. Only been inside of it once and have no urge to go there again.
OutNChiTown is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: