Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #2326
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Riding the Express Monorail while mooning everyone.

Last edited by bdklein; 12-14-2012 at 12:36 PM.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #2327
cayennews
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I went to Disneyland in CA alone once. I was on a business trip and stayed an extra day. I felt kind of lame, but decided to make a day of it by getting my pic taken with each and every character. I think I was 29 at the time.

I also ended spending a few nights at Vero Beach alone. My BF at the time got sick and went home, but I stayed since it was all paid for and I did not want to pay for another plane ticket. It was not so bad.

Don't plan on going alone again.
cayennews is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 12:57 AM   #2328
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Our secret won't seem crazy to everyone here, but we're planning to back in a few months and aren't telling a single person. We're not telling family, friends, coworkers..nobody. We were just there last month and don't want to hear comments.
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #2329
MontyMinnie
Earning My Ears

Never...

I have never gone to Tom Sawyer's Island.

I have never done the paddle boat.

I have never seen the Hall of Presidents.

I find it extremely hilarious to make fun of "O Canada!"...

I secretly ADORE It's a Small World

Oh the places I’ve stayed!
BC – BWI – AKL – WL – CSR – POFQ – CBR – POP – ASMu - ASSp

Oh the places I want to go!
POR – AAS – POLY – CR Tower – OKW

Next Trip in the Works!
BWV – 5 Day September Romantic Getaway
MontyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #2330
Irishman
Earning My Ears

I had taken my son to MK..( he was 3 4 yrs old)
It was hot....kids screaming.My ex was grumpy..

BUT....I saW CRUELLA..walking around the park telling everyone to get out of her way...MADE me smile...BIG SMILE
Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #2331
Alyssa88
I love it! Bad football team, good academics
I thought you were here. :)

While my very good friends know about my disney obsession (and I have converted them to disney) most of my friends do not.

I have never done the Country Bear Jamboree or the Tiki Room and I have absolutely no desire to. I just know that I hate them both.

I am excited to got to WDW with my niece because now I can pretend the things I want to do are really for her

I have done some pretty awesomely stupid things at WDW in my two trips with friends that I would never have the guts to do now. SO MUCH FUN, but so risky
January of 2007-Port Orleans Riverside with family. Got to celebrate my 19th birthday!
June of 2009-POP CENTURY with the best friend to celebrate our College graduation!! 21
April 2013- Art of Animation (NEMO) to introduce my niece to WDW

Last edited by Alyssa88; 01-09-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Alyssa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #2332
fisherjenn
Caught the running bug <3

I've never been on the Jungle Cruise

Fox on the run
Turkey Trot 5 Miler November 2013
Cheddar Challenge 5k June 2014
runDisney Castaway Cay 5k July 2014
fisherjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #2333
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

Mine I'm sure are going to sound terrible.

I really am not a big fan of AK. I know it's suppose to feel authentic, but I feel like I'm walking through the slums all the time. There are few decent rides. Just meh.

I get a little irritated that Johnny Depp was installed in the PotC. I know he was in the movie but come on.

Don't like the dole whip.

I've never started my MK day with Tomorrowland.

I have a better time at disney without my kids. Don't get me wrong when they're there and having a good time I am overjoyed, but they are 70% of the time unhappy and complaining.

I think on the DDP a bottle of water or soda being considered a snack is absurd.

Don't like the new ending to haunted mansion. You can barely tell what's happening.

I could ride IaSW 50 times in a row and never get tired of it.

They put really great cast members on the jungle cruise. I'm always impressed and they always get a laugh out of me. I wish I could say the same for the great movie ride. They put the most boring, unfunny people on that ride. I find myself laughing just to make them feel better.

The bell ringer outside Columbia harbor house annoys the poop out of me. Yet I'm always happy that I see the same guy doing it every time I go. Haha! How does he do that all day!!!

My retirement plan is to work at disney.
mad madam mim78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #2334
JamieH
Earning My Ears

Let's see, I have a few....

No matter how old I get, how many times I go or how boring I think they may be, I HAVE to see carousel of progress, the hall of presidents, tiki room and small world every time I go. My 5 year old actually loved carousel of progress when he and I did our trip together!

I tear up at almost anything Disney- my eyes literally start burning and I get choked up when I'm watching a Disney movie with my kids and think of taking them. The opening of MK song, wishes, all of the nostalgic things from when I was a kid....I could cry now!

Epcot has always been my favorite park! Not sure why, it's just the one I remember most from childhood, even though I was 5 when it opened. I have a photo of myself from then with this huge scary character...I think it was supposed to be a person from whatever country we were in but her head was huge and strange looking!

For a long time, I thought MK was for little kids and when I visited DL in high school on a school trip, I had no desire to experience that park so my friend and I made it our mission to find as many characters as we could, so that's all we did all day long, we didn't ride one is single thing. Now I regret it bc I'll probably never convince my (Disney-despising DH) to take me there

I don't like AK - we aren't even wasting our time this trip. I don't think there is anything particularly wrong about it, I just don't enjoy it, it's a personal thing

I have no intention of staying in anything above a value bc I don't feel we stay in the room enough to justify the expense.

I rented a jogging stroller for my 5,, almost 6 year old when we took our trip with just the 2 of us mostly bc i didn't want to have him lagging behind at rope drop lol. To my credit, it stayed parked most of the time and was mostly used to get us out of the parks at night without losing him.

I don't like dole whips either

I've never eaten at CRT bc I didn't think it was worth it - but this trip, my daughter is 4 and it was at the top of my To DO list!

I start brainwashing, I mean talking, to my kids about Disney so far in advance that they should know the parks and rides as we'll as me! This is my daughters first real trip ( she was 11 mths the first time) and my sons 3rd! He thinks he's a Disney expert, though lol

Ok, I think that's enough for now . 30 days and counting!
JamieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #2335
lstylr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa88
I have done some pretty awesomely stupid things at WDW in my two trips with friends that I would never have the guts to do now. SO MUCH FUN, but so risky
Details please!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #2336
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa88 View Post
While my very good friends know about my disney obsession (and I have converted them to disney) most of my friends do not.

I have never done the Country Bear Jamboree or the Tiki Room and I have absolutely no desire to. I just know that I hate them both.

I am excited to got to WDW with my niece because now I can pretend the things I want to do are really for her

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstylr View Post
Details please!
I know! Doesn't that make you want to know!?

dhorner233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #2337
lstylr
Mouseketeer

When AK first opened I went on Kilimanjaro Safari and thought the poachers were real. Not the brightest 8 year old.

Last Christmas my dad and I took a trip. We went to Jellyrolls one night and neither of us remember how we got back to our hotel. We think it was bus to MK, monorail to GF, but no one will ever truly know...
Old 01-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #2338
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishman View Post

BUT....I saW CRUELLA..walking around the park telling everyone to get out of her way...MADE me smile...BIG SMILE

I'd love to see that!

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Meetmeinmontauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #2339
lilo12
Earning My Ears

I've been going to disney for 16 plus years and I have never had a turkey leg or a dole whip! I'm not the biggest fan of AK, I usually stick around for only a little while. I absolutely HATE its tough to be a bug. Its so creepy when the spiders crawl all over you
Old 01-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #2340
ford91exploder
Mouseketeer

i'll see your Cruella and raise you Malificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishman View Post

WDW 07/05, WDW 06/06, DLR 07/07 SSR 08/08 SSR 05/09 AKL 07/09 SSR 12/09 Next BLT 05/10 AKL 12/10
Team Focker Watch
ford91exploder is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: