Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #2191
stindall
Congress Tart

I didn't like Tangled and I have no desire to see Princess and the Frog!

9/7/14-9/14/14 "Oh God there's the Yeti" PTR

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! -

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #2192
DisneyDanielle85
Mouseketeer

My Disney Shameful Secrets are that I hate the Indiana Jones Stunt Show, I only go on the riverboat when i need to sit down and relax for a little while, it bores me to tears. I also wish WDW had an adults only time even and i hate Coronado Springs Resort, it was too big for me. oh and one more thing I hate Soarin, I was very underwhelmed by it, and I only continue to ride it because almost DH love is. It also grosses me out that he wants to try a Turkey Leg, they scare me. TOT Scares me too but I'm trying to get over that and The one time i road ARR I closed my eyes the WHOLE time.

~Danielle~
~A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes~ ~Princess Belle!~ "I only hope we don't forget one thing- It was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney
DisneyDanielle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #2193
jacque1282
Earning My Ears

The entire time I was a CM, on my days off, I went back to the parks. I never did anything else. I guess you can call me a little obsessed.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #2194
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDanielle85 View Post
My Disney Shameful Secrets are that I hate the Indiana Jones Stunt Show, I only go on the riverboat when i need to sit down and relax for a little while, it bores me to tears. I also wish WDW had an adults only time even and i hate Coronado Springs Resort, it was too big for me. oh and one more thing I hate Soarin, I was very underwhelmed by it, and I only continue to ride it because almost DH love is. It also grosses me out that he wants to try a Turkey Leg, they scare me. TOT Scares me too but I'm trying to get over that and The one time i road ARR I closed my eyes the WHOLE time.
I was not impressed by Soarin' at first but it grew on me. It's really relaxing and a nice way to get off your feet for a few minutes!

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop -

Old 08-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #2195
KYfriedPanda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDanielle85 View Post
I also wish WDW had an adults only time
sigh... couldn't agree more... i miss pleasure island's night-time parties... especially the jello shots sold in syringes out on the street...
Old 08-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #2196
jacque1282
Earning My Ears

I also really miss the Tarzan Rocks show.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #2197
Belleofthehouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
I know I'm supposed to love all things Disney, but I absolutely hate the Country Bears Jamboree. I just can't take it! I also am not a fan of the parades either.
I am right there with you. Haven't seen a Disney parade since I was a kid (except for the time we got "caught" in the middle of Jammin Jungle Parade...we were trapped!)

Country Bears are so not Disney to me!

I love my guys!!
Poly-1979,1984,2009-Kids' first trip
2010: POR
2012:AKL 20 Years!
2013: UniversalSeaworld with the Family
Belleofthehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #2198
Belleofthehouse
Mouseketeer

c) Ariel's just hot! I know it's wrong to crush on a cartoon, but she just is.

My DH would agree with c)

Mine too

I love my guys!!
Poly-1979,1984,2009-Kids' first trip
2010: POR
2012:AKL 20 Years!
2013: UniversalSeaworld with the Family

Last edited by Belleofthehouse; 08-17-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: left off quote
Belleofthehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #2199
DisCatNey08
Earning My Ears

not a fan of Snow White ahhhh cant belive i just said that

I wish i could tell u how many times I've been to disney but of the magical years i have lost count

I stayed at Coronado Spring,Riverside,Poly,Pop Century,All Start Sports and Music,Dolphin,Swan

Chadam Square ( CP in Program 08)

Disney Wonder

Disneyland 50th Anniversary

Was a Cast Member at NYC 5th Ave Store

About Me :
DisCatNey08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #2200
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleofthehouse View Post
I am right there with you. Haven't seen a Disney parade since I was a kid (except for the time we got "caught" in the middle of Jammin Jungle Parade...we were trapped!)

Country Bears are so not Disney to me!

Same! I've never seen the appeal and I wish they'd go away! I also do not like parades, I just think they're weird.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #2201
Sagginit
DIS Veteran

i have never been on space mtn in four trips. the cruel irony is the first 2 times i went as a tween i was scared. the last 2 times i was with my mother who has a fear of coasters (and guess what? one of the 2 coasters she has ever ridden was space mtn!)

i hated illuminations. my mother and I were those people going, i don't get it, it is just a bunch of glowing stuff? we left early.

i too wish they had adult time at disney, or at least an adult only resort or pool at each resort. by the end of the week i am sick of kids and have visions of turning them into mice like that early 90s witch movie.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #2202
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagginit View Post
i have never been on space mtn in four trips. the cruel irony is the first 2 times i went as a tween i was scared. the last 2 times i was with my mother who has a fear of coasters (and guess what? one of the 2 coasters she has ever ridden was space mtn!)
...would it help any to know it only goes like 25-30mph at it's fastest?

i hated illuminations. my mother and I were those people going, i don't get it, it is just a bunch of glowing stuff? we left early.
...soooooo agree

i too wish they had adult time at disney, or at least an adult only resort or pool at each resort. by the end of the week i am sick of kids and have visions of turning them into mice like that early 90s witch movie.
...love it!
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #2203
capecodprincess
There must be more than this provincial life!

Alrighty... well...
~I hate Space Mountain, but due to its fame, feel I must ride it once per trip even though I'm terrified on it....

~Mission Space makes me

~ At 24 years old, I stll wish I was Belle....

~Oh and I've told my DH that if he doesn't have fun on his first trip to WDW in Nov/Dec... that it means we will eventually get a divorce, because my love for the mouse comes first

me, 24- 5 trips (06-off property, 08-POFQ, 09-CSR, 10-FW, 10-POP)
dh, 26- 0 trips
capecodprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #2204
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodprincess View Post
~Oh and I've told my DH that if he doesn't have fun on his first trip to WDW in Nov/Dec... that it means we will eventually get a divorce, because my love for the mouse comes first
Way to go, set those expectations and priorities!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #2205
lynypixie
Mouseketeer

I had to the choice to have my bachelorette party at Paris or Disney World. I chose Disney World (I had never been to WDW, it was my life long dream)

I play the PS2 disney world kart game just because I miss the rides so much.

I am going to take my son out of school for a week to go back to WDW (he is in kindergarden, it's not that bad)

I realy didn't like HS. I would avoid it on my next trip if it wasn't that my kids are huge fans of Disney Junior.

Epcot is actualy my favorite park

It's a small world is my favorite ride and I keep putting the song in everyone's head.

I'm the disney obsessed, but it's my husband who initiated the project for our upcoming trip. I think he misses WDW even more than I do, but he's a man and won't admit it.

In Paris, a few years ago, we had to choose between going to Mont St-Michel and Disneyland Paris. We chose the mouse. And never regreted it. (it was cool to be at Disney and understand everything. We're french Canadians)

The longest I have ever waited in line (appart for test track that actualy broke down about 10 minutes before our turn) is 45 minutes for BTMRR. I rode POTC twice in a row without waiting. The place was litteraly empty.

I took pictures with caracters I don't even know.

DH (31), me(30), DS6, DD4 and DD2

2004 bachelorette party (offsite), 2005 with DH (offsite), 2006 quick visit to DLP. 2013 AOA LK suite with all the kids!
lynypixie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: