Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #1711
LaLalovesWDW
DIS Veteran

Forgive me Mickey, for I have sinned...

* No one in my family or workplace know that I am going to Disney in May. My job thinks Im handling family business, my family thinks its for work.

* Every souvenier, trinket, necklace, t-shirt, and treat will be for MEEEEEEEEE... not bringing anyone back a thing.

*I go on the Great Movie Ride to take a nap... they need to add a 50-foot drop in it or something.

*On a recent trip to AK... someone in front of me dropped their FP to Everest... ummmmm, and allegedly I MAY have picked it up and MAY have utilized it myself (allegedly).

Fun day trips - 1978 and 1986 * Offsite - 1990 * Offsite - 2002 * CBR - Christmas Week 2004 * CBR - December 2010* AKV - May 2011* WDW Dolphin Dec 2011* *CBR~Aug 2012* *CBR~Aug 2013*SSR ~ Dec 2013* *SSR ~ April/May 2014*

Just Me ,DD , and DK
LaLalovesWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:19 AM   #1712
SilverMouseEars
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat83 View Post
We've tried a lot of places, but you can't go wrong in the area sort of between Italy and US, to the side of the American Gardens theater. No matter where you go, just watch out for trees- there are lots of spots that seem to be great, but trees above you may block your view.
Thank you for the suggestion! We will give it a try!
SilverMouseEars is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #1713
acpalmer
Mouseketeer

I have read this entire thread and my shameful secrets are WAY more shameful than most of yours--but here goes.

*I have teased my then 8yo DS about being scared to go on Dinosaur (no, we didn't make him go on it, he sat out with my mom) and then proceeded to close my eyes after about 30 seconds and keep them closed the entire ride while cringing at what I was hearing. I never told him I was scared, though, and continue to pretend it doesn't bother me. I still ride it with my eyes closed the entire time--it's the only ride that scares me.

*I have bribed my two sons to go to the Princess meal at Akerhus with me and to stand in line for 45 minutes to meet Tiana with me (even though they both are embarrassed by princesses) because I am embarrassed to do these things without children.

*I love the music from "The Little Mermaid" and listen to it in my car even when my kids aren't with me, but when I hear the line from "Under the Sea" that says "Darling it's better, down where it's wetter" I think it has an, ahem, *adult* connotation.

*There is a little, wicked part of me that thinks it is funny that some of you, after reading the previous secret, will never hear or think of that song the same way again.

Last edited by acpalmer; 04-25-2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Correcting spelling
acpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #1714
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegsnakkernorsk View Post
Yes! I remember!

Does anyone remember a ride that was in Tomorrowland and it was about flying? I think it was sponsored by an airline? It was a dark ride and there was a point where a swirling light would shine from above. My shameful secret is as a teenager I stood up on the ride at that point and got yelled at by the PA system to remain seated. I probably did it to impress my friends. I feel really guilty about it even now!
I did this on Splash Mountain when I was 12, but it was because I was freaked out and wanted off

My shameful secrets:
- I've only watched one parade (the Lion King one at Disneyland in 1995). I've seen bits and pieces of others, though.
- I've never seen illuminations or fantasmic or any other show
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:08 PM   #1715
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by acpalmer View Post
*I love the music from "The Little Mermaid" and listed to it in my car even when my kids aren't with me, but when I hear the line from "Under the Sea" that says "Darling it's better, down where it's wetter" I think it has an, ahem, *adult* connotation.

*There is a little, wicked part of me that thinks it is funny that some of you, after reading the previous secret, will never hear or think of that song the same way again.
That's SO wrong! I love it and the song is ruined now
Old 04-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #1716
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

Quote:
*I love the music from "The Little Mermaid" and listed to it in my car even when my kids aren't with me, but when I hear the line from "Under the Sea" that says "Darling it's better, down where it's wetter" I think it has an, ahem, *adult* connotation.

BAHAHA! I had never thought of that and you HAVE ruined the song for me!
My newest shameful secret is that I really didn't like staying at AKL this past early December. I got a 40% off pin so I was psyched to actually be able to afford it! We even were blessed to get a savannah view room even though we didn't specifically request one (on the end of the building so it's not 'technically' a savannah view even though we had animals below our balcony). But I didn't love it. I was actually disappointed and I feel ASHAMED!! I really do understand how lucky I was to be able to stay there ... but I honestly would have preferred to stay in a mod. To be fair, I initially wanted WL but they were booked already so AKL was my second choice. *sigh* Yes, I'm ashamed to tell others and even more ashamed to be thinking it!
Stacy's a freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #1717
princessdawn2011
Mouseketeer

The whole "under the sea" thing is kinda gross. And why be ashamed that you didn't like AKL? You're entitled to your opinion.

I don't like the Boardwalk. Area is great, but it's too noisy even on the sides without the boardwalk or pool.

Shameful secret: never seen the Jammin Jungle Parade-not appealing even though I think AK is awesome.
princessdawn2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:27 PM   #1718
CharlotteLaBouff
Earning My Ears

-I can't stand Tinkerbell, I have never seen the newer Tinkerbelle movies I just hate her from Peter Pan.

-Before I registered on here I used to lurk the Disney weddings thread. I am not engaged or even have a boyfriend, I'm just a hopeless romantic that loves looking at wedding pictures.

-There are at least 15 (probably more) Disney movies I haven't seen, they are Tarzan, Robin Hood, The Fox and the Hound and so forth.

-I actually like the High School Musical series and own them on dvd.
CharlotteLaBouff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #1719
DisMomme
Waiting to go to my WDW home again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinz View Post
It was If You Had Wings. Sponsored by Eastern Airlines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vmfc8aVW-U
It could be Delta Dreamflight
http://youtu.be/tx0hC-s_iQo
Old 05-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #1720
jasmine91
Mouseketeer

I don't see what the big deal is about Festival of the Lion King. We skip it now to make time to see Finding Nemo 2 or 3 times each trip!
jasmine91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #1721
disneyismyname
DIS Veteran

*I have many Disney Songs on my Ipod....Mary Poppins anyone?

* I don't like the movie Pinnochio...just never got into it.

*Never had a dole whip

*I still have my Little Mermaid Pillowcases. They've held up good these 20 years!!
Old 05-08-2011, 12:48 AM   #1722
MKCP1984
Always the Disney Dreamer

Quote:
I have read this entire thread and my shameful secrets are WAY more shameful than most of yours--but here goes.

*I have teased my then 8yo DS about being scared to go on Dinosaur (no, we didn't make him go on it, he sat out with my mom) and then proceeded to close my eyes after about 30 seconds and keep them closed the entire ride while cringing at what I was hearing. I never told him I was scared, though, and continue to pretend it doesn't bother me. I still ride it with my eyes closed the entire time--it's the only ride that scares me.

*I have bribed my two sons to go to the Princess meal at Akerhus with me and to stand in line for 45 minutes to meet Tiana with me (even though they both are embarrassed by princesses) because I am embarrassed to do these things without children.

*I love the music from "The Little Mermaid" and listen to it in my car even when my kids aren't with me, but when I hear the line from "Under the Sea" that says "Darling it's better, down where it's wetter" I think it has an, ahem, *adult* connotation.

way toooo funny! Thanks!!
MKCP1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #1723
Tygerlilly
Mouseketeer

Hehe. The Little Mermaid song is forever dirty in my mind now.

And I do the same thing with the wedding pictures! Le sigh.

Okay... Here's mine:
* I watch The Princess and the Frog at least 6 days a week, usually before bed.
* I have a ton of Disney songs downloaded and sing at the top of my lungs when driving.
* I've secretly wanted to ditch whoever i was with at the parks and wander around alone.
* I want to be a princess too!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:34 AM   #1724
jhopkins213
Earning My Ears

1. I dont understand Tinkerbell.

2. I'm probably the only guy I know that would get married willingly at WDW. Double if its a Starwars themed wedding.

3. If I had a daughter she would probably hate me. I would have her dressed like a princess while at WDW.

4. I should probably get help but I tend to cry at most Disney movies, or at the fireworks show and also cried when Mickey hugged me.

5. I love being Solo and getting to do everything I want to do at the parks.

Also parents yelling at there kids at WDW notcool.com

jhopkins213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:08 AM   #1725
Singledad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerlilly View Post
* I've secretly wanted to ditch whoever i was with at the parks and wander around alone.
Same here! Some day I will manage to talk myself into a solo trip. But would my DD ever forgive me?

PTR June 2011 TR June 2011 Dis Dad's club member #594
Singledad is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: