The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #31
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

I have a 3 bedroom in West booked. Am I looking at a renovated room or not???

Is there internet access? If there isn't, I can leave my laptop at home and not have to worry about since it'll be useless anyway.
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:10 PM   #32
MoeFam
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at OL five times in the past few years and had a fabulous experience everytime.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2009, 04:28 PM   #33
VacationTrader
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountainromano View Post
Hi I Am Going To Disney In April And I Was Wondering If Any One Has Stayed At The Orange Lakes West Village. And Just Maybe Some Tips Or What I Should Know About The Place. Thanx A Bunch
Very nice place. Try to stay in one of the newer sections if you can. It is a very family friendly resort. Especially if you have young children. My kids 4 and 1.5 loved it!

You can get a great deal on the resale market at http://www.VacationTrader.org. You can buy or rent directly from an Orange Lake owner and save some money.

Last edited by VacationTrader; 03-08-2009 at 04:49 PM.
VacationTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #34
steelebug
Mouseketeer

WE LOVE IT HERE. When I check in and get to the villa I unplug all the phones and use my cell. No calls about timeshare tour! I never commit to a time when checking in and it has never been an issue. I just tell them my husband handles that. Sometimes he is not even on the trip with us. If you rent directly through an owner and then you won't be hassled. We have stayed in West village and River Island. We prefer the West Village and Splash pool. Have fun.
steelebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #35
CanadaPT
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone,
We stayed there in December 2007. We read all the reviews and knew that we DID NOT want to stay in the West Village (we were RCI members trading in). When we checked in the receptionist had us in West Village and I told her we did not want to stay there and asked for East Village. She said she couldn't do that and I told her that we weren't stayin in West Village. Miracously there were rooms then available.

East Village was beautiful, new rooms and overlooking the golf course. There were very few people there so that may have been why we got to switch over but if you get a chance I would suggest this. We toured a West Village unit and it just wasn't comparable in our opinion.
CanadaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #36
akayek31
DIS Veteran

I am still on my Disney Vacation and last week we stayed at Holiday Inn Sunspree so we could go to US/IOA. The OLCC is now in the hotel and if you want a shuttle you have to deal with them. I missed the shuttle on 5/31 since they wouldn't take no for an answer. I went on to IOA and we were walking around the park and there are the timeshare people again. They offer us gifts and my daughter wanted to go. We signed up for the next day. They took a deposit to make sure I went. So we get there and I have this one salesperson who was real nice and showed us around. It was on the river island side. I thought it was beautiful but I am a single mother of two and I could not afford what they wanted me to pay. I tell the first one no many times. Now keep in mind they have my driver's license to make sure of who I am and they have my deposit that I was to get back that day. So after all the no's he goes and here comes his boss. The boss tells me I can afford this that I need to get it for my kids to own one day. Well after many times telling him no that I did not want to spend that much money he goes off and the first guy says that I could exchange my points to stay on Disney property ect. ect. So I am getting frustrated and he wrote on the paper complete. He tells me that someone else will be over to make sure he did a good job. So they still have my DL and my deposit and I was beginning to think that the gift was not worth it. So the third guy comes over and turns out he is a salesperson too but he sells forclosed units. So by the time he came over I had been there going on 4 hours. I was ready to go and was starving since they only had doughnuts but that was when we got there. So they kept the pressure on until finally I said I would buy. I knew I couldn't afford it and they were taking $100 of my vacation money (we have to go home a day early now). So when all was said and done I was there 6 hours and I will never ever do it again. I will never stay at their resort and I will never take a timeshare tour again. I tossed and turned all night and after reading the paperwork found out that I could cancel with no penilty in the first 10 days. I took the letter in yesterday and found out that they keep $50 of the down payment. I told her I didnt care as long as it went away. Well she left to "make copies" of my letter but really went to get the third guy who sold me the property who tried to talk me into keeping it and when I said my mind was made up he said he was just trying to help but he could sell my property that day to someone else. Wow way to make someone feel good there. I just want to inform people of how they operate on the tours.

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

akayek31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:46 PM   #37
SweetMimi
Earning My Ears

We've stayed at this resort several times and have stayed in the West Village. The complaints here are generally about the "tennis villas" that are the one story units along the main road. At the time we stayed, they were not as updated as our villa in the east village but it still was very nice and clean. The plus to it is that you can park right outside of your door, which I liked A LOT. In the newer, high rise areas a late night return can find you parked well away from the closest stairs/elevator to your villa. The feature that shows it is the older area of the resort was that we did not have the newer, larger jacuzzi tub. It either did not have jets at all or was a modified regular tub with jets. The 3 bedrooms in the West Village that we stayed in was just like the pictures on the website. The resort is very big and a car is recommended. I've actually rented a car at the resort for a very reasonable price. The pizza is very good and my kids love the wide variety of pools. The lazy river and slide at River Island appears to be their favorite.

Spring Break April '08
Thanksgiving November '09
Summer '10
Summer '11/ 20th Anniversary Trip
Spring Break '12
Spring Break '13
SweetMimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:57 PM   #38
Stinasmom
DIS Veteran

reviving an old thread!

Hi!
We just booked West Village two 2-bedroom units for March of 2011.
My RCI guide said that this area has recently been updated and I wondered if anyone has been there this year yet and can confirm this?

We have stayed at lots of really great properties in and around Orlando and the parks. This one looks great! Our kids will be 10 & 14... perfect for all the activities!

TIA for any updated info!!
DCL Western&WDW,SW,DC 12/2008
San Diego, Legoland and Disneyland 3/2008
Jazzercise Conv. at CSR at WDW 4/2007
DCL 4-night Wonder & US/IOA/Sea World 12/2006
DCL Magic Mex Riv. 6/2005 & DL/DCA
DL & DCA 5/2004, 5/2007
WDW 1994, 1995,1998, 1999, 2001 2002
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
Stinasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #39
Snoella
Mouseketeer

We stayed at OL in 2008 in the West Village. We did not have an updated unit, but people we met did and their unit was beautiful. We still liked our unit. We understand that all units were going to be fully renovated in the West Village, so you should be okay. Ask specifically for an updated unit when you check in...you will know whether or not you they have given you an updated one by the granite counters.
We did the timeshare pitch (wouldn't recommed it...high pressure, not great gifts) and toured all the other villages and liked the West Village the best. You could drive right up to your door and not have to take an elevator...it was more like being at home. We stayed for two weeks and loved every minute. If you don't want to take your car, there was a shuttle available at many, many different locations throughout the resort. These shuttles were clean, free and air-conditioned.
We had a unit that backed onto one of the golf courses and it was beautiful. We had cranes that came right up to our sliding doors and at night we could see Disney fireworks in the distance. My kids wanted to try every pool and we did. They loved the arcade. We will definitely be going back.

Me DH DD11 DD9
Snoella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #40
minniemousememories
Mouseketeer

A lot of good information here. If staying in the west village, children ages 3-12, is there a particular building that you would suggest requesting? A building that has some walk-to things so the kids don't have to always wait for adults to drive them? A unit close to club house?

Also, tips/secrets of getting around...
I have heard of a back entrance/road to avoid traffic.
Bringing own float for lazy river?

Bring it on! Please
Old 10-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #41
disnee4mygirls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemousememories View Post
A lot of good information here. If staying in the west village, children ages 3-12, is there a particular building that you would suggest requesting? A building that has some walk-to things so the kids don't have to always wait for adults to drive them? A unit close to club house?

Also, tips/secrets of getting around...
I have heard of a back entrance/road to avoid traffic.
Bringing own float for lazy river?

Bring it on! Please
We just got back from here and I don't think there are many places you can stay in the West Village without having to walk. We had an awesome unit (our first time here) and we loved it but we also had a car. We drove to the pools when we wanted to go and as a PP stated, unplugged our phones as soon as we came in the room. We had over 10 messages when I plugged them back in before leaving. Thank goodness they can be unplugged. We would definitely go back! Very pleased! They are definitely doing renovations and working their way around the property. I think our unit had already been re-done so we were lucky there! The main road through the propery was where they were working at the time. We loved being in a one story unit with no one below or above us! It was great! Have fun!

PS. They also pressured us to sign up for an 'owner update' but we weren't biting as we own elsewhere and know how those things work! I tried the 'my husband takes care of that' and they pretty much begged me to go get him! They started upping what they would give us free if we signed up and attended so my advise if you want to sit through it, wait till they offer MORE! We just didn't have time for that on this trip!

disnee4mygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:50 PM   #42
tinkerbellmamma
Earning My Ears

We are actually staying at the North Village right now In a 3 BR unit that is HUGE!! 3 bathrooms, looks like a little villa house. We have not had any time to check out the resort and the weather is too cold to enjoy the pool We did have a major pressure after checkin for the tour, was almost forced to make a tour appt, but I refused to leave the $30 deposit and they signed the form and okayed me not doing it. I called and cancelled the tour and it was very easy (the guy was not pushy at all). It's fairly close to disney (less than a 15 minute drive to the parks) and with a Super Target across 192 and a PUblix right at the end of the complex - you couldn't ask for more. I would also highly recommend the new Miller Ale House for dinner (across the road from the Publix).

Kathy
tinkerbellmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #43
Stinasmom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting!!

Dear Tinkerbellmamma -

I am so glad to have a recent occupant of this resort to ask questions of!!!

We will have two 2-bedroom units at the West Village in March.
I can appreciate the weather not being great, sorry! We have traveled there in December before but the coldest time was in March! It SO varies from year to year!

Anyway, thanks for the info about the Super Target and Publix nearby. We prefer to cook meals at the condo to going out whenever possible.

We will have a rental car too, so sounds like we'll be in good shape.

Is there anything about the resort or staff interaction (timeshare sales people, etc) that we should know to be wary of? We own enough timeshare to not want to deal with them. But we will also want to take advantage of the range of activities available without pressure to tour.

Anything else you would recommend we do, see, avoid, ask for?

Thanks!!

Marcy
DCL Western&WDW,SW,DC 12/2008
San Diego, Legoland and Disneyland 3/2008
Jazzercise Conv. at CSR at WDW 4/2007
DCL 4-night Wonder & US/IOA/Sea World 12/2006
DCL Magic Mex Riv. 6/2005 & DL/DCA
DL & DCA 5/2004, 5/2007
WDW 1994, 1995,1998, 1999, 2001 2002
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
Stinasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:12 AM   #44
JosefMiller
Earning My Ears

A long and large Christmas stock which is used to collect gifts from the "Father Christmas"(I still wait for "Father Christmas" every year).
JosefMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #45
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

We are looking to go down this October and use RCI points to stay close to the parks

this is one of the resorts we were looking at - but a little concerned about the negative reviews some people had.

The gist I get is:
1) unplug your phone so you don't get the sales pitch calls
2) get a new or refurbished condo as the old ones are really bad

but some people said all of the west village is/is being refurbished? What is the best way to ensure you get a nicer condo?

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: