Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2008, 06:11 PM   #91
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

We stayed at the Cortona Inn & Suites. It's on Harbor. We drove, but I did see people walking to the parks. I'm not sure how long of a walk it is..

I got a really good deal on this room off Hotwire. It had a laundry room which was also on our floor which we took advantage of. We only used the dryer which was $1.25. I'm not sure how much it was for the washer.

The staff was nice and very accomdating. They had an issue with my ATM card which they used to charge the resort fee too. I had money (duh) but it wouldn't work for them. I have them DBF's and it worked fine. So who knows what happened there.

The rooms were clean and I we didn't have anything to complain about..

Okay, here's some pictures..

The bed looking from the front door.

The TV armoire and a chair.

A desk with a chair.

The fridge and microwave.

The toilet and part of the shower/bath.

The sink with a coffee maker and hair dryer.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:29 AM   #92
DisneySuiteFreak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
We stayed at the Cortona Inn & Suites. It's on Harbor. We drove, but I did see people walking to the parks. I'm not sure how long of a walk it is..

I got a really good deal on this room off Hotwire. It had a laundry room which was also on our floor which we took advantage of. We only used the dryer which was $1.25. I'm not sure how much it was for the washer.

The rooms were clean and I we didn't have anything to complain about..
Wow the room looks nice! What is the address to this place? Do you recall how many stars it was and the Hotwire description when you bid on it?
Thanks!
DisneySuiteFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #93
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneySuiteFreak View Post
Wow the room looks nice! What is the address to this place? Do you recall how many stars it was and the Hotwire description when you bid on it?
Thanks!
The address is:

2029 S Harbor Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92802

And it was 3 stars.. For Hotwire I *think* I picked 3-star hotel in Anaheim - Disneyland South (if the hotel isn't South of Disneyland, then I picked Disneyland North) and I paid $59/night. Cortona Inn & Suites charged me I think $6/day for resort fees.

It says on the site that it's a block and a half, but it's pretty long blocks. I'm not sure if they had a shuttle going to the parks..

HTH!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:14 PM   #94
LoveThatMouse!
Mouseketeer

Just Bumping...
Hate for this thread to get to far away in case anyone is looking for excellent hotel photos...

Again, thanks everyone for continuing to post!

LoveThatMouse! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #95
LoveThatMouse!
Mouseketeer

ba~dump~bump....

Old 06-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #96
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

These are pictures from the grounds at the Disneyland Hotel and the Lobby of the main tower.

kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #97
LoveThatMouse!
Mouseketeer

Whew!
Just remembered to save this thread before it went to Infinity and beyond!
Too much work was put into creating it by you wonderful posters to let it die....
So here it goes again....

Last edited by LoveThatMouse!; 07-16-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #98
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

wow some grate photos.
JadeDarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #99
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutedisneygirly View Post
Just got back from a 4-night stay at the Disneyland Hotel. I have loaded all of my photos on my computer, and I was sure to take lots of photos of the room and wonderful view we had! So, here they are!!!

We were in room 2674 on the 8th floor of the Wonder Tower. I actually requested this tower, and the CM was shocked that I requested it. She agreed that it is has the most relaxing views because of the waterfalls. The room was very nice, but I could feel the springs in the mattress. Not too comfortable, but I still fell asleep quickly. Mousekeeping was great as our room was always clean!

Desk and closet were to the left as your entered:

Bathroom was to the right:

I loved the toiletries!!!

Oh my goodness. They changed the toiletries! The DLH used to have the standard red, black and white Mickey stuff that PPH has now. I didn't realize they switched to these adorable bottles! How cute! It has been a long tims since I stayed in DLH. I love it there but the last times have alternated between PPH and GCH.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:12 PM   #100
cutedisneygirly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Oh my goodness. They changed the toiletries! The DLH used to have the standard red, black and white Mickey stuff that PPH has now. I didn't realize they switched to these adorable bottles! How cute! It has been a long tims since I stayed in DLH. I love it there but the last times have alternated between PPH and GCH.
I loved these bottles. My DFi ended up putting some in his suitcase on the first day and they replaced those. He wanted to put them in his suitcase every day, but I told him we didn't need 4 sets!!! He said we could take a bunch, clean them up, and use them as decorations on the tables at our wedding. I still said no. I was afraid of being charged if we took them every day!

We ended up with 2 sets! However, come to think of it, he still has my set!
April '13: BWPPI; Dec '12: HOJO; Jan '12: BWPPI/DLH; Oct '10: HOJO; Aug '10: BWA; May '10: HOJO; Dec '09: DLH; May '08: DLH; Oct '07: GCH (DH proposed); March '06: BWPPI; Oct '04: Tropicana; May '04: PVI; Dec '03: BWPPI; May '03: DLH; Oct '02 & May '01: DI&S; '00, '98, & '97: CCI; '96 CI; '92 & '89 DLH; '86
cutedisneygirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:14 PM   #101
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutedisneygirly View Post
I loved these bottles. My DFi ended up putting some in his suitcase on the first day and they replaced those. He wanted to put them in his suitcase every day, but I told him we didn't need 4 sets!!! He said we could take a bunch, clean them up, and use them as decorations on the tables at our wedding. I still said no. I was afraid of being charged if we took them every day!

We ended up with 2 sets! However, come to think of it, he still has my set!
When my friends and I go, we usually stay two nights, so I am able to do the old 'stash the bottles in the luggage' trick and the maids will leave more for us the next day, so I get a set and the other person gets a set! But if we do a one-night stay at some point and there are bottles I don't have, if I am the one who makes and pays for the reservation, then I am claiming the toiletries for my own!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 07-16-2008, 08:27 PM   #102
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Oh... they expect to to take them...

At the Grand Cal... you get the H2O Plus products...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #103
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Oh... they expect to to take them...

At the Grand Cal... you get the H2O Plus products...
Yes, I got my H20 things at GCh last year. Actually, all of the Disney toiletries are made by H20 now, but those are the only ones that clearly say H20 on the packages. If you look on the back of the other toiletries form the other hotels, in small print you will see they are also H20, but with Mickey packaging!

And I know they expect us to swipe the bottles. What I meant was that in the past, because we have always stayed at least two nights, there were chances for me to get a full set and my friends to get a full set when the maids came and replenished the supply. But in the future, if we only stay one night and therefore get ONE set, and if I am the one paying for the room, then I am taking the bottles for my own and my friends will not get any! Hee hee.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:30 PM   #104
disneyL0VE
DIS Veteran

What GREAT photos of all the hotels!
It made me sub
But does anyone have other pictures of the BWPPI ?
We're planning on staying there in Sept

Thanks!!
Old 07-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #105
ter-moo
Just hand me my Oscar and no one will get hurt...
There are some things that not even the Tag Fairy can delete
You want to lick my keyboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyL0VE View Post
What GREAT photos of all the hotels!
It made me sub
But does anyone have other pictures of the BWPPI ?
We're planning on staying there in Sept

Thanks!!
There are some on page 2 of this thread.

Disneyland~12/69, 6/75, 5/82, 11/90 (DLH), 1/96, 11/97 (Desert Inn), 1/99, 8/01 (DLH), 12/02 (CCI), 12/03 (Carousel), 9/04 (GCH), 7/06 (CCI), 1/08 (CCI), 12/08(GCH), 4/09 (ParkVue), 8/09(DLH),
8/10 (Carousel), 12/10 (Anabella), 8/11 (PPH), 11/11 (BW Stovalls), 12/11 (PPH), 1/12 (Anabella), 2/12 (Leap Day!) Candy Cane...lost count since then!

Walt Disney World~7/71(day trip), 11/05 (POFQ), 11/07 (POR and BC)
ter-moo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: