Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #676
kayleigh83
Plotting my return...

I was thinking of making a thread like this but I had a feeling one was already here somewhere... glad I looked!

Here's our standard King room at the Tropicana Inn & Suites, taken July 2012.

Nice big comfy bed, plenty of pillows which is great for weirdos like me who like to sleep with about three pillows nested around me!

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...2/DSCN0282.jpg

This little sink area next to the door, and then the bathroom. At first I thought it was a little weird where the sink was, not sure if this is usual since I don't stay in hotels often. But I ended up liking it - I could use the sink and mirror to get ready while my BF was in the shower! Very handy!

We really liked this hotel, the room had everything we needed, it was clean, the staff were all friendly and the location is hard to beat - right across the street from the entrance! Plus we were lucky and got a room on the second floor with a balcony overlooking the central courtyard area, you can see the door to outside in the first photo.
kayleigh83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #677
RalphMouth
Obviously freaky things always can happen beyond anyones control
It's a blast.......you'll love it !!

subscribing

this is worth a bump...
RalphMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 05:08 AM   #678
aussiechic
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the photo's, we are staying in the kids suite in march and cant wait :D

Me DH DD

aussiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #679
seadd67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
Sorry but here's another Grand Californian
Now these are the Pictures I love to see, the ones that make me feel normal, I like to know that others like me( yes I am a Disney Dad) and my DS hit the room and use every square Inch as are personal domain LOL. We are just to busy In the morning to pick up and to tired In the evening to do the same. Thats why I always tip, and tip well the maid service they earn there money with us
Old 01-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #680
aussiechic
Mouseketeer

bumping this thread

Me DH DD

aussiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #681
merrysmom
Mouseketeer

I have spent three days reading through this thread! Thanks, everyone for all your posts. I'm hoping to take my family this fall, and this has been so helpful!

Melissa
merrysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #682
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Bumping.

I'm still torn between Candy Cane Inn, Fairfield Inn, and BWPPI. I know we'll want to have a couple character breakfasts but other than that we aren't huge breakfast eaters (a quick bagel or cereal would be fine for us). My sis-in-law will likely join us for the weekend as she lives in Reseda and will probably stay with us in the hotel. We won't have a car but she will. I also compared prices booking straight with the hotels (using AAA discount) vs booking through Disney at the same hotels and there hasn't been any significant difference in price. I actually like that booking through disney forces you to pay the balance 30 days before arrival.

I think I just need someone tell me which hotel to stay at and be done with it! We're looking at Dec 2-9, 2013.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #683
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Bumping.

I'm still torn between Candy Cane Inn, Fairfield Inn, and BWPPI. I know we'll want to have a couple character breakfasts but other than that we aren't huge breakfast eaters (a quick bagel or cereal would be fine for us). My sis-in-law will likely join us for the weekend as she lives in Reseda and will probably stay with us in the hotel. We won't have a car but she will. I also compared prices booking straight with the hotels (using AAA discount) vs booking through Disney at the same hotels and there hasn't been any significant difference in price. I actually like that booking through disney forces you to pay the balance 30 days before arrival.

I think I just need someone tell me which hotel to stay at and be done with it! We're looking at Dec 2-9, 2013.
I would go FFI. I have stayed at both the FFI and BWPPI and the FFI wins hands down. I've heard good things about the CCI but from seeing the location I would choose the FFI still. Good luck on your decision.

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #684
KCmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
Now these are the Pictures I love to see, the ones that make me feel normal, I like to know that others like me( yes I am a Disney Dad) and my DS hit the room and use every square Inch as are personal domain LOL. We are just to busy In the morning to pick up and to tired In the evening to do the same. Thats why I always tip, and tip well the maid service they earn there money with us
HA HA. This was my picture from a couple of years ago. This is what a normal morning looks like in our hotel rooms on a Disney Vacation.

2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Old 03-18-2013, 08:56 PM   #685
KCmike

Disneyland Hotel

Old 08-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #686
wildflower329
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
I loved the hotel. It was close, comfortable, clean. Those 3 Cs are important!

[img]http://*****************************/7072174715_0f8bb2ebb6_z.jpg[/img]
HoJo Anaheim 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Lobby 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Room 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And it had a lovely view!

View 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

View 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

View 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

View 4 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

View 5 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I know this is super old, but do you remember what room # this was? Looks like you had a great view
wildflower329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #687
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower329 View Post
I know this is super old, but do you remember what room # this was? Looks like you had a great view
I had to look it up... it was building 1. Either room 717 or 1717. Top floor. I think there is a picture of the room number in my trip report. There is a 1 then a symbol then 717.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #688
thatgrljme
Mouseketeer

Hi all....will be traveling to Disneyland Mother's Day weekend 2014 to take my son on his first trip and we will be staying at Paradise Pier. I was wondering how often upgrades are given? I going to book the concierge level rooms because I think we could eat our weight in the snacks they offer, but will have my dad along for the trip so it would be nice to have a suite, although it's not necessary in my book.
thatgrljme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #689
lalasmama
DIS Veteran

I've meant to post these pictures/reviews for 3 months now! Ooops!

Park Vue Inn (PVI) July 2013 Jacuzzi Suite

The desk area

The Jacuzzi

The table and closet area

The tiny little counter outside the bathroom

For the review:

Location/Grounds... It's across the street from the pedestrian entrance to DLR. Wonderful! The hotel buildings are in a reversed "L" shape, and the Jacuzzi suite was where the point of the "L" meets. In other words, it was the farthest room back, save for the same-placed-room on the second floor! Despite this, it is across the street from the entrance, so even having to walk to the very back of the property was quick! Outside was clean. They were doing palm maintenance when we were there, which made things a little noisy when it was happening, but it didn't affect what we felt about our stay at all.

Price... We paid about $190 for the room, each night. This was a trip for our honeymoon, and my dad was paying for a night too, so it seemed reasonable. That being said, now that we're months out from it, I think the value was lacking, all things considered.

Room... Overall, the room was attractive, and perfect for our first nights as husband and wife. The king bed was comfortable. Plenty of pillows. No comforter, just the common flat sheet/blanket/flat sheet combination. The desk/dresser combination was fine. There was a small table with 2 chairs. The alarm clock worked fine. The Jacuzzi took a fair amount of time to fill up, and was a little on the small side for 2 fluffy adults. DH is 5'9" and 230lbs, I'm 5'3" and 180lbs. It may be more comfortable for smaller people. We found our legs would get tangled up and uncomfortable. Also annoying/frustrating was that we had a little area next to the front door and the neighbors would let their kids run and play in that little area. Yes, we were at Disneyland, and, yes, we knew there would be kids around, but being awoken an hour before our alarm by kids yelling, running, knocking on our window was a bit much, especially when it wasn't like their front door was where they were playing! There was a small window next to the mirrored closet as well, and it only had minimalist shutters, meaning that as soon as the sun was up, our room was fairly bright. Bummer when we closed out the parks the night before! The room was carpeted. It didn't pass the white-sock test. DH figured maybe they shampooed the carpet every x nights used (like every 90 nights used, or such), and that maybe it was "just about time". Of note, the last time we stayed at PVI, in a 1-bedroom suite, the carpets passed the white-sock test without a problem. This room had a microwave, small fridge, and coffee maker. We had tons of towels (maybe 8, I think), and usually they were big and fluffy!

Other amenities... Breakfast was fine. Make your own waffles, bagels, toast, eggs, sausage, fried potatoes, yogurt, fresh fruit, oatmeal, juice, coffee, hot cocoa. DH liked the "to go" cups available, so he could get take his coffee with us to the parks. We didn't go to the pool this time, but we've enjoyed it in the past.
Next trip: February 2015!
lalasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:08 AM   #690
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

This summer I stayed at the Carousel Inn and Suites. I was going to a Club 33 Dismeet!!!! And we got a special group rate at the hotel. It was an amazing rate, and it was so close.

Here you see the hotel from the crosswalk on the DL side.

from raw-5274 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

My room was lovely! It was extremely close to DL, I loved the walk, especially solo. It was an ideal spot for me. I found it clean, comfortable and considerably closer than my previous hotel, which was close!

from raw-5275 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I did not use any of this, but it was nice that it was there.

from raw-5276 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-5277 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-5278 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-5279 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-5280 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-5281 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: