Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #1501
jlynnACK
Caught up in the Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLFan123
This was our room the first time we stayed at BC. It was actually a very nice and roomy room, perhaps the layout was a little more functional than the room we had next year. We were right near an auxillary elevator, so we had a lot of noise in the morning just from people standing by the elevator talking while they waited for it to arrive. They weren't talking loud, but the doors seem paper thin at all Disney Deluxe Resorts. I am a super light sleeper, and once woken can't go back to sleep. Anyway, that is the ONLY reason this wasn't the most perfect room. We had a full balcony and even a wet bar in the bedroom area of the room. It was nice to have a sink to rinse out our cups, get water for the coffeemaker etc that wasn't in the bathroom area. I will post other pics of this same room later.
Wow! That seems like our dream room! Do you remember the room #?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #1502
DLFan123
living the dream-literally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
Hi,
We are booked for May in a garden view room, however when I see your water view pics, it makes me wanna switch over. Do you feel that the extra money spent was justified. We stayed at WL last year and loved our courtyard/pool view and just don't wanna be disappointed this time.
Thanks.
I suppose it really depends, and we have only had water view rooms from the BC, so maybe we are biased. I feel like it is so relaxing and nice to look out over the lagoon, watch all the people going to and from Epcot and the Boardwalk and to see the lights at night. We spent a lot of time in the room on our first trip because of the heat (late May visit), so it was really nice to have the lagoon views. If we hadn't, I think we might have felt claustrophobic. That being said, I've read that the "woods" views facing Epcot are quiet and relaxing, and walking along those walkways, it is quite peaceful on that side of the resort. Another thing we've noticed is that garden view rooms at the BC seem to have a high likelihood of being upgraded to a water view, so you could keep the GV reservation and take your chances, hoping for a free upgrade.

I know you will have a wonderful trip no matter which view you have!
DLFan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #1503
DLFan123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynnACK View Post
Wow! That seems like our dream room! Do you remember the room #?
I'm so sorry-we don't remember which room number and didn't take a picture of the door! I have heard there aren't very many rooms with king beds and full balconies, so if you make those requests, you might get this room just based on default.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #1504
DLFan123

Pic of the slide entrance at SAB

Old 03-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #1505
jlynnACK
Caught up in the Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLFan123 View Post
I'm so sorry-we don't remember which room number and didn't take a picture of the door! I have heard there aren't very many rooms with king beds and full balconies, so if you make those requests, you might get this room just based on default.
Thanks for your reply!
jlynnACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #1506
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #1507
DLFan123

Ooh pretty flowers!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #1508
PrincessKathleen
Mouseketeer

Staying at the Beach Club for the first time this coming December and these pictures are making me so excited
PrincessKathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #1509
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

5 more days until we arrive at YC!!! I hope to take lots of pictures to add to this collection!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #1510
kayleesmomxo
Mouseketeer

We are staying at BC for the first time after our cruise in July These pictures are beautiful I can't wait!!!!!

(DH) (ME) (DD)7
kayleesmomxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #1511
flnngn2
Mouseketeer

We are staying at the YC in August. We have a water view room (I know that can mean a craned neck view of a pool) any suggestions for what I should request for room location? Near the pool, near the dock? We will be traveling with our 11 yo twins. Thanks
flnngn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #1512
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by flnngn2 View Post
We are staying at the YC in August. We have a water view room (I know that can mean a craned neck view of a pool) any suggestions for what I should request for room location? Near the pool, near the dock? We will be traveling with our 11 yo twins. Thanks
Water view doesn't mean pool view. You could be ve3ry far from the pool but still see the lake
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #1513
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by flnngn2 View Post
Depends what you want. You can definitely get a pool view - even the quiet pool is considered a water view. Personally, I would rather request a lagoon view than the loudness of Stormalong bay and the long walk of the quiet pool (not that a lagoon view won't have a long walk also, but it is a better trade off to me). So I would likely request lagoon view, near dock.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #1514
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Water view doesn't mean pool view. You could be ve3ry far from the pool but still see the lake
It can, according to the WDW website. The actual category is called "Lagoon or Pool View" .

Quote:
Lagoon or Pool View
View Photos

Views of Crescent Lake or Quiet Pool

2 Queen Beds or 2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed or 1 Queen Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair and 1 Day Bed or 1 King Bed or 1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed

Sleeps up to 5
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #1515
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
It can, according to the WDW website. The actual category is called "Lagoon or Pool View" .
Pretty much exactly what I said. it doesn't mean pool view...it can, but water view doesn't mean only pool view
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: