Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 07:08 AM   #106
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentnej View Post
It looks like breakfast will be the biggest challenge for the budget etc. I'm thinking I could bring a couple boxes of cereal and some bowls then grab some milk. Would this work? Where would I get the milk?
Any other in-room breakfast suggestions or options?
Thanks.

4/13/08 37 DAYS!!!
You can get milk at Panchitos at the resort store. They sell half gallons.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:15 AM   #107
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

Do you by any chance remember the price? I am planning on placing an grocery order to be delivered, but if the milk is about the same price or close, I will just buy it here. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilolvr View Post
You can get milk at Panchitos at the resort store. They sell half gallons.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2008, 07:28 AM   #108
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Here is a pic of the cooler posted by buzz but I don't remember the cost. You can see the 3 different half gallons next to the OJ. Milk has gone up some much lately, even if I remembered, it probably isn't the same price anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** View Post
Old 03-07-2008, 07:35 AM   #109
tinknme

Thank you!

Anyone been recently that may remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilolvr View Post
Here is a pic of the cooler posted by buzz but I don't remember the cost. You can see the 3 different half gallons next to the OJ. Milk has gone up some much lately, even if I remembered, it probably isn't the same price anymore.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:00 AM   #110
hammie59
DIS Veteran

I'm wondering also....
Was thinking of ordering water, milk, juice, etc...from gardengrocer. But I'd like to know the prices of some of those basic items (including beer and wine) that are sold at CSR's store so I can compare. Gardengrocer is a bit pricey. Any vague remembering is appreciated!

1985-1993-1999-off site
2008-CSR/ASMo
2011-POP
dh me ds11 dd6
Old 03-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #111
Sherrkel
Disney World Dreamer . . . Wish I Could Be At My Home Away From Home . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammie59 View Post
I'm wondering also....
Was thinking of ordering water, milk, juice, etc...from gardengrocer. But I'd like to know the prices of some of those basic items (including beer and wine) that are sold at CSR's store so I can compare. Gardengrocer is a bit pricey. Any vague remembering is appreciated!
Buzz's website might have more pics with prices, not sure. We did bring non-perishables & water with us last time we visited, and used the empty suitcase at the end of our trip to bring home any goodies we purchased while at DW. We are thinking however about using Garden grocer on our next trip.

POR Grand Gathering Feb. 2013 **CSR Grand Gathering 2011, 2009 & 2007 ** CBR 1995 **Disneymoon 1989

Last edited by Sherrkel; 03-07-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:31 AM   #112
starwarsdisney
Is it time to go back to Disney World yet?

Garden Grocer

Has anyone here used Garden Grocer? Are they good? Will they leave stuff with the front desk? I know there prices are a bit higher, but it's cheaper then buying things like water in the parks.

Since we've been married
WDW FL: 2003 (offsite), 2008 (CSR), 2009 (CSR), 2011 (CSR), 2012 (CSR)
DL CA: 2013 (DLH)

Cruises
Disney Dream: 2011
Disney Magic: 2012
Disney Fantasy: 2014
Old 03-08-2008, 12:16 PM   #113
gooftroop22
DIS Veteran

My sister and I thought it would be fun to go and have a meal at another resort...Possibly a Deluxe resort?!?! Has anyone done this? We don't want to spend toooo much money but are willing to take the extra expense....

Suggestions as to where we could go?

WDW 2005 - Offiste - FIRST TRIP!
WDW 2007 - CBR - FIRST ONSITE VISIT
WDW 2008 - CSR - Trip with my Sister
WDW 2009/2010 - CBR - Family Trip
WDW 2011/2012 - Disney Dream/OKW
WDW 2013 - SSR - Grad Trip
DCL 2013 - Disney Dream
Old 03-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #114
tinknme

We used Garden Grocer for the 1st time in Dec. when we stayed at the Polynesian. I was very pleased with their service & I plan on using them again for our stay at CSR in Aug.

They do have a $40 minimum order(which I had no trouble making)& a $12 delivery fee. If you want alcohol, they will deliver this as well. It is not listed on their website, so I called & got prices & put what we wanted in the comment box.

They our items with Bell service, I just called & they were delivered promptly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwarsdisney View Post
Has anyone here used Garden Grocer? Are they good? Will they leave stuff with the front desk? I know there prices are a bit higher, but it's cheaper then buying things like water in the parks.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:38 PM   #115
Northern_Julie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooftroop22 View Post
My sister and I thought it would be fun to go and have a meal at another resort...Possibly a Deluxe resort?!?! Has anyone done this? We don't want to spend toooo much money but are willing to take the extra expense....

I alway visit somewhere else. Last time we did the Peper Market on our last day and it made me want to stay there.
This time I am going to Konna Cafe, the GF Tearoom and Jiko's.... the perks of the deluxe but going home to my CSR
Old 03-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #116
kmully
Earning My Ears

Eating Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooftroop22 View Post

My sister and I also eat at other resorts. A couple of our favorites:
Boma Buffet - yummy and good for vegetarians. Drinks first at Victoria Falls bar.
Cape May Clambake Buffet - it's been boo'd on the dining boards but we really enjoyed it. Just take the things you like. A little "buttery" (read fried) for me but , hey, we're on vacation!

Isn't it great enjoying WDW with your sister!
Old 03-09-2008, 08:44 AM   #117
gooftroop22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmully View Post
My sister and I also eat at other resorts. A couple of our favorites:
Boma Buffet - yummy and good for vegetarians. Drinks first at Victoria Falls bar.
Cape May Clambake Buffet - it's been boo'd on the dining boards but we really enjoyed it. Just take the things you like. A little "buttery" (read fried) for me but , hey, we're on vacation!

Isn't it great enjoying WDW with your sister!
Thanks! We're going down in 50 days to celebrate her graduation from High School......It's going to be an awesome time!

WDW 2005 - Offiste - FIRST TRIP!
WDW 2007 - CBR - FIRST ONSITE VISIT
WDW 2008 - CSR - Trip with my Sister
WDW 2009/2010 - CBR - Family Trip
WDW 2011/2012 - Disney Dream/OKW
WDW 2013 - SSR - Grad Trip
DCL 2013 - Disney Dream
Old 03-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #118
cjstarr
DIS Veteran

Talking Our First Trip to WDW!!!

******** and all the others Disney CSR'er, this page has given me (DH) & DW more information then we could have ever found about where to stay on our "First" WDW trip.
I want to thank each and every one here for the time they have taken to leave a post. You truly have no idea how much of a service you have done for me and many others out there that haven't a clue about what to do in order to plan a first time trip to a place like WDW.
Buzz you have my up-most respect for the time you have put into this board. With all the information you have posted here about CSR it made it easy for us to decide to stay at this resort.
We are planning out trip in 6/29/08 -- 7/5/08 (Iím sure it will be very hot) and two adjoining rooms are going to be a must as there will be me (DH), (will be 56 on 7/5/08) DW, DD18,DS15, DS5 & my DD18 BF20 so I hope this will not be a problem. Iím going to book the first of April for our trip and I hope this will help in being able to obtain my request. We are going to go with the DDP and plan to use it for some of the character breakfasts & Diners. I hear that some of these can use two diners for one event.
After doing even more reading Iím beginning to wonder if I should not have someone from SWV take over this for me.
Well there it is for all itís worth I know that Iím forgetting some things but I am sure that the you guys & Gals out here will help us make sure we have a memorable stay at CSR.

Keep the Magic

Charles J.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:43 AM   #119
KatMark
DIS Veteran

You've made a great choice. DH and I will be staying at the CSR for the 7th time this September to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary with our best friends. I suggest you book your trip as soon as possible (if you haven't already done so) and get your reservations in for your dining. We made our dining reservations this past Tuesday at our 180 day mark and were able to get all we wanted. You are going earlier than us so you need to make those dining ressies as soon as possible! We can't wait to hear what you think of our favorite resort when you return from your trip. Happy planning!
Old 03-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #120
awaldo
Mouseketeer

Room or area request?

Buzz - when we were at CSR in July, we got put in Ranchos 7b by the quiet pool and loved it, all without a room request. When I booked this time, I did it all online and didn't list a request (never saw where to do it at). If I would like to be back there again (7b), what is the best plan of action: call central reservations, call CSR direct, fax a room request, or just ask at check in? We are 12 days away from our trip. Thanks for any input as far as if anything would be beneficial at this point!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: