Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-03-2008, 07:37 AM   #751
mollyseven
DIS Veteran
 
mollyseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Port Hope, Ontario
Posts: 1,020

Wow...we have finally booked for Christmas ..Dec. 22-30th. I can't wait!
We have stayed at POP, CBR twice and POR in March because we couldn't get CSR.....POR was fine but we really want to stay at CSR.
We have 3 rooms (6 adults, 4 kids) for my family gathering and we had so much fun together in March that we are going again for Christmas.
Any thoughts on what Christmas is like at CSR.
I was thinking about requesting a room in casita's building 4 or 5 so we can be close to the gym, quiet pool and still be close to main bldg and dig site.
Any thoughts on a good area. When we went in march because we were a grand gathering we got the exact building and 3 rooms right beside each other it was perfect.
Ideas??
__________________
me DH DD 19 DS 15

May 2006 Pop Century.......January 2007 CBR.......January 2008....CBR No kids!!!!
March 2008 POR..10 days!!.....Christmas 2008 CSR grand gathering !!!
March 2010 POFQ Italy summer 2010 Universal Hard Rock Dec. 2010
Dolphin Resort April 2011 Star Wars Weekend May 2011
Christmas 2012 CBR Jan. 30/2014 Riverside!!
mollyseven is offline  
Old 06-03-2008, 08:50 AM   #752
krmlaw
DIS Veteran
 
krmlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Greenbush, NY
Posts: 677

Im excited because while I had reserved free dining for my upcoming trip, I just got a pin code for 30% off all rooms. If I wanted to add dining to the discount, it would be more money, but it might make sense to do the room only, then pay for our dining.
__________________
July 2006 - Caribbean Beach, our first Disney trip!
August 2007 - Summer Bay with extended family
July 2010 - Our baby's 1st trip! Wilderness Lodge Villas!
August 2010 - Our baby's 2nd trip! Marriott Grande Vista
December 2010 - Baby's 3rd trip and our first holiday visit! Cypress Grande Villas
October 2011 - Big Boy's 4th trip - our 1st Mickey's Halloween and Food and Wine. Animal Kingdom Villas!
February 2012 - Big Boy's 5th trip - Beach Club Villas
September 2012 - Big boy's 6th trip - just mommy and me celebrating 3!
July 2013 - Big boy's 7th trip

Our other lives - Royal Caribbean Cruises and Timesharing
krmlaw is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-03-2008, 12:48 PM   #753
Swoop1
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 133

DW, myself and DS are staying at the Coronado again this year from Nov 28th to Dec 6th. Can't wait. We stayed at the Coronado during Thanksgiving 05 for the very first time and we loved it. I've stayed at CBR and at many many offsite hotels and I'll always go back to Coronado. Very nice grounds, centrally located (Bus rides are short and sweet) and Peppers Market. I love the way they do the dinning at Peppers, the little cards you use to go get what you want are great, then just pay for everything right at the end. Perfect and the food is good to boot. One of my favorite places in all of Walt Disney World to eat.

If this is your first trip to CSR you won't regret it.
Swoop1 is offline  
Old 06-03-2008, 01:47 PM   #754
krmlaw
DIS Veteran
 
krmlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Greenbush, NY
Posts: 677

Well Ive decided ... we are going to definately stay at CSR for free dining.

Now I cant get excited again!

Buzz, Im going to try to memorize your website!!!

Now I just have to pick a location, Im down to Casitas or Cabanas.

Next question ...

Do you think its doable for breakfast and lunches to split one CS and use one snack? I figure if DH and I use one CS at breakfast, adding a bagel or something as a snack credit, and using one CS at lunch, and adding veggies or fries or something as a snack credit, we could do all our meals on DDP. Saving out TS for dinner.

Anyone try this for breakfast or lunch? Splitting a CS and adding on a snack?
Any
__________________
July 2006 - Caribbean Beach, our first Disney trip!
August 2007 - Summer Bay with extended family
July 2010 - Our baby's 1st trip! Wilderness Lodge Villas!
August 2010 - Our baby's 2nd trip! Marriott Grande Vista
December 2010 - Baby's 3rd trip and our first holiday visit! Cypress Grande Villas
October 2011 - Big Boy's 4th trip - our 1st Mickey's Halloween and Food and Wine. Animal Kingdom Villas!
February 2012 - Big Boy's 5th trip - Beach Club Villas
September 2012 - Big boy's 6th trip - just mommy and me celebrating 3!
July 2013 - Big boy's 7th trip

Our other lives - Royal Caribbean Cruises and Timesharing
krmlaw is offline  
Old 06-03-2008, 01:58 PM   #755
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,179

Quote:
Originally Posted by krmlaw View Post
Well Ive decided ... we are going to definately stay at CSR for free dining.

Now I cant get excited again!

Buzz, Im going to try to memorize your website!!!

Now I just have to pick a location, Im down to Casitas or Cabanas.

Next question ...

Do you think its doable for breakfast and lunches to split one CS and use one snack? I figure if DH and I use one CS at breakfast, adding a bagel or something as a snack credit, and using one CS at lunch, and adding veggies or fries or something as a snack credit, we could do all our meals on DDP. Saving out TS for dinner.

Anyone try this for breakfast or lunch? Splitting a CS and adding on a snack?
Any

My DH and I do this all the time for CS for breakfast/lunch. We find with the portions, we are more than satisfied. And if we get hungry, we keep snacks in the room for when we come back for a break in the afternoon at the pool.

I don't think you can go wrong with either Casitas or Cabanas. I think it will just come down to which theme you like better. DH and I prefer Castias and have stayed there all six visits and hope to for our seventh visit in September. But Cabanas is very nice too! So happy you chose CSR!!!!
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 06-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #756
krmlaw
DIS Veteran
 
krmlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Greenbush, NY
Posts: 677

I just requested Casitas, I like the theme much more than Cabanas. I told them either 3, 4 or 5 Casitas. Lets see what we get! Dh and I dont mind walking a bit to the dig site and el centro. Now Im very excited! Cause its all set. I think Dh would still prefer to stay off property, but hes okay with staying on.

We arent going to do parks every day. On check in day (8/28) we are going to hang out at the hotel. Friday, go to MK, Saturday hang out at hotel, Sunday go to Epcot, Monday go to typhoon lagoon.

Ive figured DDP plan out, to maximize the credits. See below ... think this is doable? (Can you tell Im VERY Type A!!!)

Thursday August 28
Magical Express to Coronado Springs Resort
Lunch at Pepper market – 1 CS, 1 Snack
Dinner at Raglan Road 8 pm or Capt Jacks 8 pm - 2 TS

Friday, August 29 - Magic Kingdom
Breakfast at Pepper market - 1 CS, 1 Snack
Lunch at Cosmic Rays Chicken and Ribs - 1 CS, 1 Snack or
Pecos Bills – 1 CS, 1 Snack or
Pinoccio – 1 CS, 1 Snack
Back to resort by 2 pm
Dinner at Ohana 8:10 - 2 TS
Watch Spectromagic from Poly beach!!!

Saturday, August 30 - Hotel
Breakfast at Pepper market – 1 CS, 1 Snack
Lunch at Pepper market or Siestas– 1 CS, 1 Snack
Dinner at Boma 7:00 pm – 2 TS
DTD from Animal Kingdom Lodge – 1 Snack

Sunday, August 31 - Epcot
Breakfast at Pepper Market – 1 CS, 1 Snack
Lunch at Sunshine Seasons (The Land) Split ½ Chicken – 1 CS
Snack at Boulangerie Patisserie (France) Ham Cheese Croissant – 2 Snack
Back to resort by 2 pm
Dinner at Tutto 7:00 pm (Italy) – 2 TS
Illuminations 9 pm

Monday, September 1 - Typhoon Lagoon
Breakfast at Pepper Market – 1 CS, 1 Snack
Lunch at Typhoon Tillys – 2 CS
Bus to MGM, Boat to Boardwalk
Cape May 6:55 pm (Beach Club) – 2 TS

Tuesday fly home at 7 am

Katy - hope your dad is ok.
__________________
July 2006 - Caribbean Beach, our first Disney trip!
August 2007 - Summer Bay with extended family
July 2010 - Our baby's 1st trip! Wilderness Lodge Villas!
August 2010 - Our baby's 2nd trip! Marriott Grande Vista
December 2010 - Baby's 3rd trip and our first holiday visit! Cypress Grande Villas
October 2011 - Big Boy's 4th trip - our 1st Mickey's Halloween and Food and Wine. Animal Kingdom Villas!
February 2012 - Big Boy's 5th trip - Beach Club Villas
September 2012 - Big boy's 6th trip - just mommy and me celebrating 3!
July 2013 - Big boy's 7th trip

Our other lives - Royal Caribbean Cruises and Timesharing
krmlaw is offline  
Old 06-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #757
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,179

Quote:
Originally Posted by krmlaw View Post

Monday, September 1 - Typhoon Lagoon
Breakfast at Pepper Market – 1 CS, 1 Snack
Lunch at Typhoon Tillys – 2 CS
Bus to MGM, Boat to Boardwalk
Cape May 6:55 pm (Beach Club) – 2 TS

Tuesday fly home at 7 am

Katy - hope your dad is ok.

Perhaps we will run into you....We arrive at the CSR on September 1. We check in around 1:30 p.m. and then will head over to the Studios at 5:00 for dinner at Mama Melrose and then going to Fantasmic, etc.

Dad is very ill...we are just praying that he remains comfortable. It is touch and go right now. Thank you for the thoughts.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 06-03-2008, 03:01 PM   #758
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Jacksonville, AL
Posts: 2,021

Quote:
Originally Posted by krmlaw View Post
I just requested Casitas, I like the theme much more than Cabanas. I told them either 3, 4 or 5 Casitas. Lets see what we get! Dh and I dont mind walking a bit to the dig site and el centro. Now Im very excited! Cause its all set. I think Dh would still prefer to stay off property, but hes okay with staying on.

We arent going to do parks every day. On check in day (8/28) we are going to hang out at the hotel. Friday, go to MK, Saturday hang out at hotel, Sunday go to Epcot, Monday go to typhoon lagoon.

Ive figured DDP plan out, to maximize the credits. See below ... think this is doable? (Can you tell Im VERY Type A!!!)

Thursday August 28
Magical Express to Coronado Springs Resort
Lunch at Pepper market – 1 CS, 1 Snack
Dinner at Raglan Road 8 pm or Capt Jacks 8 pm - 2 TS

Friday, August 29 - Magic Kingdom
Breakfast at Pepper market - 1 CS, 1 Snack
Lunch at Cosmic Rays Chicken and Ribs - 1 CS, 1 Snack or
Pecos Bills – 1 CS, 1 Snack or
Pinoccio – 1 CS, 1 Snack
Back to resort by 2 pm
Dinner at Ohana 8:10 - 2 TS
Watch Spectromagic from Poly beach!!!

Saturday, August 30 - Hotel
Breakfast at Pepper market – 1 CS, 1 Snack
Lunch at Pepper market or Siestas– 1 CS, 1 Snack
Dinner at Boma 7:00 pm – 2 TS
DTD from Animal Kingdom Lodge – 1 Snack

Sunday, August 31 - Epcot
Breakfast at Pepper Market – 1 CS, 1 Snack
Lunch at Sunshine Seasons (The Land) Split ½ Chicken – 1 CS
Snack at Boulangerie Patisserie (France) Ham Cheese Croissant – 2 Snack
Back to resort by 2 pm
Dinner at Tutto 7:00 pm (Italy) – 2 TS
Illuminations 9 pm

Monday, September 1 - Typhoon Lagoon
Breakfast at Pepper Market – 1 CS, 1 Snack
Lunch at Typhoon Tillys – 2 CS
Bus to MGM, Boat to Boardwalk
Cape May 6:55 pm (Beach Club) – 2 TS

Tuesday fly home at 7 am

Katy - hope your dad is ok.
Looks like a solid plan. I definitely think 1 CS and 1 snack for breakfast at Pepper Market is doable. On our recent trip, we sometimes stopped by Pepper Market and picked up a CS breakfast to go and it was plenty for all of us.

I love Ohana and Tutto! I would have to say one of my favorite 1TS meals was at Kona Cafe.
__________________
Alan Renfroe

1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 7 days, 6 nights, 1 great time at POR May 29-June 5, 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491
alan_renfroe is offline  
Old 06-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #759
tinkerbellmagic
don't hate me because I loved the castle cake
 
tinkerbellmagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by krmlaw View Post
Now I just have to pick a location, Im down to Casitas or Cabanas.
Both areas are very pretty. We originally requested and received Cabanas. I loved the area. It had a beachy tropical feel. We only spent one night in that Cabana room, though, because the room happened to be an HA (handicapped) room and the bathroom/shower arrangement didn't work out well for us. That night we requested a switch to a non-HA room. I had never before requested a new room at a Disney resort, but I wanted to be happy during our stay, so we were moved to a new room the following morning. I didn't make any location requests this time (other than non-HA), I thought a surprise would be fun. It was. They gave us Casitas 3. It was a gorgeous area and convenient to everything (once we stopped getting lost, that is) . We did take a walk by the Ranchos section and DGS8 liked that section the best (was it the cactus?).

This is the view from inside our room in Casitas 3. We were very happy here.


Last edited by tinkerbellmagic; 06-03-2008 at 03:18 PM. Reason: added photo
tinkerbellmagic is offline  
Old 06-04-2008, 09:09 AM   #760
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary
 
stepdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 2,866

I'm feeling better now.

My DH and I recently changed our ressies from AKL (my favorite resort) to CSR. We are planning a few brief days at Universal and need to find a way to cut costs. I was originally very disappointed because I've wanted to stay at AKL for years. We decided that staying on site at Universal is more important because it is our first time and we switched from AKL of a moderate. I choose CSR. I must say Buzz, it was the information you carefully researched and the enthusiasm you have about this resort that made me choose it.

Now, the questions. Am I reading correctly that Casitas is connected to the main building? Is the main building the lobby? Is it set up like a deluxe resort in that you can get to your room from inside of the main building? We would like to book close to a bus stop. While we loved Pop, we are spoiled now from staying at the WL and don't like to have to make a run for it in the rain to our rooms. We like interior lobbies. Of course, if this is not the case, I have already requested 9B for our stay because it is close to El Centro, dining and somewhat close to the pool.

Also, do you have pictures of views from Casitas and Cabana rooms. That would make an excellent thread, views from various locations at CSR. Thank you again. I'm very excited about our upcoming trip.
__________________


June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL

Last edited by stepdisney; 06-04-2008 at 02:35 PM.
stepdisney is offline  
Old 06-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #761
krmlaw
DIS Veteran
 
krmlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Greenbush, NY
Posts: 677

Casitas look beautiful! Ive made my request, I asked for Casitas 3, 4 or 5. Hopefully we'll get one of them!
__________________
July 2006 - Caribbean Beach, our first Disney trip!
August 2007 - Summer Bay with extended family
July 2010 - Our baby's 1st trip! Wilderness Lodge Villas!
August 2010 - Our baby's 2nd trip! Marriott Grande Vista
December 2010 - Baby's 3rd trip and our first holiday visit! Cypress Grande Villas
October 2011 - Big Boy's 4th trip - our 1st Mickey's Halloween and Food and Wine. Animal Kingdom Villas!
February 2012 - Big Boy's 5th trip - Beach Club Villas
September 2012 - Big boy's 6th trip - just mommy and me celebrating 3!
July 2013 - Big boy's 7th trip

Our other lives - Royal Caribbean Cruises and Timesharing
krmlaw is offline  
Old 06-04-2008, 10:21 AM   #762
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,179

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
My DH and I recently changed our ressies from AKL (my favorite resort) to CSR. We are planning a few brief days at Universal and need to find a way to cut costs. I was originally very disappointed because I've wanted to stay at AKL for years. We decided that staying on site at Universal is more important because it is our first time and we switched from AKL of a moderate. I choose CSR. I must say Buzz, it was the information your carefully researched and the enthusiasm you have about this resort that make me choose it.

Now, the questions. Am I reading correctly that Casitas is connected to the main building? Is the main building the lobby? Is it set up like a deluxe resort in that you can get to your room from inside of the main building? We would like to book close to a bus stop. While we loved Pop, we are spoiled now from staying at the WL and don't like to have to make a run for it in the rain to our rooms. We like interior lobbies. Of course, if this is not the case, I have already requested 9B for our stay because it is close to El Centro, dining and somewhat close to the pool.

Also, do you have pictures of views from Casitas and Cabana rooms. That would make an excellent thread, views from various locations at CSR. Thank you again. I'm very excited about our upcoming trip.

Here are a couple I have of Casitas or from the Casitas section:







(this is view from our spot in Casitas 5 of the main building)



__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 06-04-2008, 02:17 PM   #763
krmlaw
DIS Veteran
 
krmlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Greenbush, NY
Posts: 677

Kathy, Ill keep you dad in my prayers.

The more Im thinking about it ... the more I realize we might be able to get away with using just snack credits a few days for breakfast, they we would each be able to eat our own lunch.

Is anything under $4 considered a snack at PM?

Also, I know check in is supposed to be at 4 (I think), but anyway to check in earlier? Does this happen often - being able to check in early?
__________________
July 2006 - Caribbean Beach, our first Disney trip!
August 2007 - Summer Bay with extended family
July 2010 - Our baby's 1st trip! Wilderness Lodge Villas!
August 2010 - Our baby's 2nd trip! Marriott Grande Vista
December 2010 - Baby's 3rd trip and our first holiday visit! Cypress Grande Villas
October 2011 - Big Boy's 4th trip - our 1st Mickey's Halloween and Food and Wine. Animal Kingdom Villas!
February 2012 - Big Boy's 5th trip - Beach Club Villas
September 2012 - Big boy's 6th trip - just mommy and me celebrating 3!
July 2013 - Big boy's 7th trip

Our other lives - Royal Caribbean Cruises and Timesharing
krmlaw is offline  
Old 06-04-2008, 02:29 PM   #764
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,179

Quote:
Originally Posted by krmlaw View Post
Kathy, Ill keep you dad in my prayers.

The more Im thinking about it ... the more I realize we might be able to get away with using just snack credits a few days for breakfast, they we would each be able to eat our own lunch.

Is anything under $4 considered a snack at PM?

Also, I know check in is supposed to be at 4 (I think), but anyway to check in earlier? Does this happen often - being able to check in early?
Thanks for the prayers.

I know that I got my DH box cereal and muffins for breakfast and they were under $4.00.

We usually arrive at the CSR around 1:00 in the afternoon each trip. Last year was the first year our room was not ready when we got there. We went to eat lunch at Pepper Market and by the time we were done (around 2:30) our room was ready. Most times we have been fortunate to get in room at 1:00.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 06-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #765
krmlaw
DIS Veteran
 
krmlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Greenbush, NY
Posts: 677

Great! We land at 10 ish, figure we'll get over there around 11 ish, have lunch at PM. Walk around a bit and hopefully check in. Im going to bring bathing suits for Doug and I in case we cant check in, or dont get our luggage right away if we can.

Is there locker rooms, or somewhere we could change into bathing suits? We are planning on hitting the dig pool right away!
__________________
July 2006 - Caribbean Beach, our first Disney trip!
August 2007 - Summer Bay with extended family
July 2010 - Our baby's 1st trip! Wilderness Lodge Villas!
August 2010 - Our baby's 2nd trip! Marriott Grande Vista
December 2010 - Baby's 3rd trip and our first holiday visit! Cypress Grande Villas
October 2011 - Big Boy's 4th trip - our 1st Mickey's Halloween and Food and Wine. Animal Kingdom Villas!
February 2012 - Big Boy's 5th trip - Beach Club Villas
September 2012 - Big boy's 6th trip - just mommy and me celebrating 3!
July 2013 - Big boy's 7th trip

Our other lives - Royal Caribbean Cruises and Timesharing
krmlaw is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: