Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 06:21 PM   #151
BenKurtz
Maryland Disney Lover

Sharon, CSR provides towels at the Dig Site, (the main pool) and for the quiet pools just take one from your room.

Ben
Old 03-12-2008, 06:23 PM   #152
BenKurtz
Maryland Disney Lover

Towels

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_wv View Post
Does anyone know if there are towels available at the pool areas at CSR? Do I need to pack beach towels in our luggage? I am so hoping they have them so I don't have to lug them.

Thanks so much for all the assistance!!!
Sharon, CSR provides towels at the Dig Site (the main pool), at the quiet pools just take a towel from your room.

Ben
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #153
Lil'Simba
Some Days Look Better Upside Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKurtz View Post
Sharon, CSR provides towels at the Dig Site (the main pool), at the quiet pools just take a towel from your room.

Ben
That is a great amenity!

Me DH DD(11)
Coronado Springs - Aug 2008
Off Property - Oct 1999
ASM - May 1995
Old 03-12-2008, 11:06 PM   #154
starwarsdisney
Is it time to go back to Disney World yet?

Will the front desk accept stuff from Garden Grocer or do we need to be checked in? Maybe I'll give them a call and get the details. It sounds like a good idea. We can buy some coke products like water and pop and be able to take it in the park!

I'm a little bummed as I found out today that our flight to WDW got bumped back an hour and our flight home will be 35 mins earlier. That's 1 hour and 35 mins of vacation gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinknme View Post
We used Garden Grocer for the 1st time in Dec. when we stayed at the Polynesian. I was very pleased with their service & I plan on using them again for our stay at CSR in Aug.

They do have a $40 minimum order(which I had no trouble making)& a $12 delivery fee. If you want alcohol, they will deliver this as well. It is not listed on their website, so I called & got prices & put what we wanted in the comment box.

They our items with Bell service, I just called & they were delivered promptly.

Since we've been married
WDW FL: 2003 (offsite), 2008 (CSR), 2009 (CSR), 2011 (CSR), 2012 (CSR)
DL CA: 2013 (DLH)

Cruises
Disney Dream: 2011
Disney Magic: 2012
Disney Fantasy: 2014
Old 03-12-2008, 11:16 PM   #155
starwarsdisney
Is it time to go back to Disney World yet?

Buzz how many rooms are in Cabana 9B?

It seems like everyone requests this building. With our reservation for a King bed we may have a fight on our hands here, as that means less rooms available to us. We have requested Cabana 9B and are crossing our fingers. We'll also follow up with a fax 4 days out and a call the day before. We really want to stay in this building. The Casitas look nice, but we're worried about the noise level. Ranchos is just to far for us!

Since we've been married
WDW FL: 2003 (offsite), 2008 (CSR), 2009 (CSR), 2011 (CSR), 2012 (CSR)
DL CA: 2013 (DLH)

Cruises
Disney Dream: 2011
Disney Magic: 2012
Disney Fantasy: 2014
Old 03-13-2008, 04:17 AM   #156
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwarsdisney View Post
Buzz how many rooms are in Cabana 9B?

It seems like everyone requests this building. With our reservation for a King bed we may have a fight on our hands here, as that means less rooms available to us. We have requested Cabana 9B and are crossing our fingers. We'll also follow up with a fax 4 days out and a call the day before. We really want to stay in this building. The Casitas look nice, but we're worried about the noise level. Ranchos is just to far for us!
There are 316 rooms in the cabana section divided into 4 buildings so that works out to about 80 rooms per building.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:19 AM   #157
tinknme
I happened to be posting on the thread
I told dh it must have been something in the water over there

Actually they might have left our order with the front desk, now I don't remember lol Anyway it was there & I just called down & they brought my order to the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwarsdisney View Post
Will the front desk accept stuff from Garden Grocer or do we need to be checked in? Maybe I'll give them a call and get the details. It sounds like a good idea. We can buy some coke products like water and pop and be able to take it in the park!

I'm a little bummed as I found out today that our flight to WDW got bumped back an hour and our flight home will be 35 mins earlier. That's 1 hour and 35 mins of vacation gone.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:19 PM   #158
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

They probably leave it with bell services.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:54 PM   #159
sharon_wv
Mouseketeer

Thanks, KatMark & Ben for replying to my question!
Disney Vacation at CSR - March 2008
Disney Vacation at CBR - October 2001

me DH, DD17 DD6
Old 03-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #160
Julieh22
DIS Veteran

Which set of rooms will they start renovating first in Oct.? Have always stayed in the Cabanas and don't know if I would be happy staying elsewhere because of convenience to food and pool there...
Disney Wedding at the YC and Honeymoon at CBR - March 2002, AllStar Music - Oct. 2002, AllStar Sports - Oct. 2003, CSR - Oct. 2004, AKL - Dec. 2004, POP - Oct. 2005, Beach Club - Sept. 2006, CSR/WL - Dec. 2006, CBR - May 2007, Beach Club - Sept. 2007, Beach Club - Sept. 2008, Beach Club - June 2009, Polynesian - Sept. 2009, AllStar Movie - May 2010, CSR - Dec 2010, BC/CBR - Oct 2011
Old 03-13-2008, 07:25 PM   #161
traceym
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for this thread! It has so much great information! I love your
Unofficial CSR Site as well.
We actually changed our reservation today from ASMovies to CSR!!! I can't wait!!!!
This will be our first time at a Moderate resort and the first time with our entire family (oldest son has been once before).

Thanks again for all the informaion!!

CSR May 25-30 2008, 1st P&PP May 26

Tracey

DH(38) ME(36) DS(11) DD (10) DS (5)

Trip with my parents and brother 1985 Fort Wilderness
Trip with High School Chorus 1992 Off Site
Trip with DH and friends 2000 off site (Daytona Beach)
Trip with DH, DS(2) and In-laws 2003 AS Music
First time @ WDW with all my kids! CSR May 25-30 2008
1st P&PP May 26, 2008 irate:
Oct. 14-19 2009 1st MNSSHP!
POR May 26-31, 2011
Off Site Bahama Bay June 18-24, 2012 IOA, MK, AK, HS.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #162
coconutisland9@yahoo
Earning My Ears

Renovation worries

Does anyone know if the only plans for the pool work is the one currently scheduled? I am worried the pool will be closed when we are there in October! I am also curious about which rooms will be under renovation when we get there?!
Old 03-13-2008, 09:47 PM   #163
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutisland9@yahoo View Post
Does anyone know if the only plans for the pool work is the one currently scheduled? I am worried the pool will be closed when we are there in October! I am also curious about which rooms will be under renovation when we get there?!

I was told that the only pool renovations scheduled for this year was the slide for the dates posted earlier. As for the room renovations, they did not know which section would be started first...they would work around the resort is all I was told starting in October and it would take a year.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:04 PM   #164
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Question Pepper Market Question

I read that the Pepper Market food court is different than most because you are seated by a host and charged a gratuity. When we stayed at the Pop Century though several mornings we got breakfast and brought it back to our rooms, can you do "take out" at the PM? Would you still be charged gratuity? How does PM really work?
Old 03-14-2008, 03:58 AM   #165
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDisneyFreak View Post
I read that the Pepper Market food court is different than most because you are seated by a host and charged a gratuity. When we stayed at the Pop Century though several mornings we got breakfast and brought it back to our rooms, can you do "take out" at the PM? Would you still be charged gratuity? How does PM really work?
Pepper Market Info

The Pepper Market isn't your typical food court. Rather, there are several hot and cold food stations with individual chefs and servers. You can get breakfast, lunch, and dinner and dessert/bakery items at The Pepper Market. The following food stations can be found: Mexican station, Chinese station, soup, salads, and sandwiches station, grill station (burger, chicken, steaks), pizza station, pasta station, children's station, beverage Station, and a bakery.

Upon entering the Pepper Market you will be given one meal card/receipt per person. Hang onto all of these cards, DON'T LOSE them. Once your host seats you, they will ask if you need anything to drink and tell you where the beverage station is. The hosts are there to seat people and make sure their table has cutlery (not plastic), cloth napkins, and get drinks if you desire. Another server will come around for refills and to clear your table.

What makes this food court/restaurant different is that you go around to the various stations and select food as desired. Once you make a choice the chef at each counter will stamp your card and serve give you your chosen food. Many of the items at the stations are cooked to order so they can take a bit longer to prepare. There is flexibility in combining items as well. This is a great place for someone who only wants a light meal and the rest of their family wants a heavy one. For example: you can grab a side of Spanish rice from the Mexican station and order a steak from the grill station. The combinations are nearly endless. I love the variety and being able to pick and choose at leisure. If I feel like I want another roll in the middle of my meal all I have to do is get up and head to the bakery station with my meal card. It can be a bit difficult with little ones because one has to sit at the table with the kids while the other gathers the food.

The best thing is you do not pay until you see the cashier after your meal. While you have the card you can get up and retrieve food as often as you want without having to pay first. This is great since other food courts require you to carry money to each cashier every time you want something else. This is a wonderful option for someone that truly wants a casual meal. Alcohol is also available!!

Once you have finished dining, collect your menu cards and take them to the cashier. The cashier calculates the total due. There is a ten percent gratuity automatically added to all orders. To me this is well worth the variety, service and flexible meal options. If you are only going in for take out, ask for a "TO GO" ticket so you will not be charged the the 10% gratuity. And don't forget to tell the cooks you are there for take out so they package your food properly. You can then take the food back to your room or eat at one of the tables outdoors.

In the Pepper Market you also receive real cutlery and cloth napkins (Paper ones are available as well) I found the food at the Pepper Market to be of higher quality than your average food court. Portions tend to be larger as well. If you only want to get your mugs refilled ask the host of a refillable mug pass and go to the beverage station. Upon exiting hand the cashier the pass on the way out.

Some people balk at paying a 10% gratuity. Personally the service and options are well worth a ten percent tip. I like that I can talk to the person preparing my food. If I don't want onions on my sandwich I can tell the cook directly instead of having to relay it through a cashier and then hope the chef got the message. No other Disney food court has as much variety. For someone like myself, who gets tired of typical burgers and sandwiches this food court was a blessing. I also found the portions to be larger than that of a typical Disney food court. This is also the only food court where one doesn't have to clean up after themselves. You simply leave your dishes and tray on your table when you exit and a server will clear the table. I found this restaurant to be one of the more relaxing ones at Disney.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: