Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #76
Chedstro
DIS Veteran

Oh thanks so much for adding to this thread! I love these pics

Hail thee Babylonia, the goddess of women and all things fertile, and the landmark of the bathroom.

Savvy Pirates guild on PotCO

Morgan Mistcaster on Wizard101
Chedstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:44 AM   #77
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

We made the scalloped potatoes from 'Ohana and they were GOOOOD!!

Disney Wedding ~ 11th Aug 2010 ~ WP/Sonoma/Napa/Whitehall DP

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Eeyore's Tailfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #78
DizneyDogs
Mouseketeer
Scrapbooking Diva

Choux Fritters

we used cinnamon sugar mix instead of powdered sugar I also put some honey on mine too.

Here's the recipe:
Disneyland New Orleans Square Choux Fritter Recipe

Yield: 3 dozen

Heat oil to 375 degrees

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup water, boiling
1/4 tsp. salt
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 eggs
4 cups vegetable oil
Granulated sugar

Directions

Melt butter in boiling water, add salt and flour and beat vigorously. Remove from fire as soon as mixture leaves side of pan. Transfer to mixer bowl, cool slightly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.

Heat oil to 375 degrees. Dip a tablespoon first in hot oil, then in batter. Carefully drop tablespoonfuls of batter into hot oil and cook until brown on all sides. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Roll in powdered sugar and serve hot. Yield: 3 dozen.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:49 PM   #79
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

Moving thread to the cooking board, also where the great ecipe thread lives.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:07 AM   #80
party of 3
i can't believe that i will have to put pants on
Hates it when they misplace the Crock Pot Sticky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyDogs View Post
Choux Fritters

we used cinnamon sugar mix instead of powdered sugar I also put some honey on mine too.

Here's the recipe:
Disneyland New Orleans Square Choux Fritter Recipe

Yield: 3 dozen

Heat oil to 375 degrees

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup water, boiling
1/4 tsp. salt
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 eggs
4 cups vegetable oil
Granulated sugar

Directions

Melt butter in boiling water, add salt and flour and beat vigorously. Remove from fire as soon as mixture leaves side of pan. Transfer to mixer bowl, cool slightly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.

Heat oil to 375 degrees. Dip a tablespoon first in hot oil, then in batter. Carefully drop tablespoonfuls of batter into hot oil and cook until brown on all sides. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Roll in powdered sugar and serve hot. Yield: 3 dozen.
OMG do those look good. what a pic. crystal clear. and i love the tink glass. where did that come from??

party of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:38 AM   #81
DizneyDogs
Mouseketeer
Scrapbooking Diva

Thanks! I got the Tink glass a couple of years at the disney store. There was a set of 4 - Tink, Mickey, Stitch, and Tigger - they are our favorite glasses!
Old 08-01-2008, 06:01 AM   #82
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

I am now SO hungry and my groceries are not arriving for another 2 hours, so I'll have to make do with what i can find
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #83
jezebella
MK fireworks in my backyard every night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamsaunt View Post
Here is a picture of my modified smoky mushroom soup from Artist Point. It's pretty different from the original--I don't have a home smoker, for example, but it is similar enough and inspired by the original, so I thought I would show you. The modified recipe is posted over on the wfd thread on the community board.

I love this soup and make it a couple times a year. I also, do not have a smoker. However, I got creative the first time I made it as I was not aware of a modified recipe. Turn your gas grill on medium heat. I put the mushrooms on a piece of foil and on another piece of foil, I put wood chips that had soaked in water for about 10 minutes. I put them both on the grill at the same time and left them out there until there was smoke billowing out of the grill. Voila! Smoked mushrooms!

July 1985 Contemporary
July 1990 Carribean BeachJuly 1993 Port OrleansJuly 1994, February 1995, July 1995, February 1996, July 1996, February 1997, July 1997 July 1998, July 1999 December 1999 - Old Key West
January 2000 Grand Floridian
May 2005 - Wonder 4 day
May 2007 - Wonder 4 day
October 2007 - Wonder 4 day
January 2009 Magic!
Coming up...Bounceback 3 day Wonder in August 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
jezebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #84
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Mickey's Favorite Chicken Parmesan from Delicious Disney. This recipe is an odd one for Chicken Parmesan because there is no Parmesan cheese in the ingredients and the chicken is not breaded before frying. It's a good basic recipe for chicken and pasta however.

Meat Bobotie from Boma. This was taken after dinner when the loaf had cooled so the pic is not as good as it could be. It's very good though - like an exotic Moroccan Meatloaf and it makes more like 5 - 6 servings - not 10 as the recipe says.

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:32 PM   #85
moikturtle
You can learn a lot of things from the flowers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney8704 View Post
My 1st try making Tonga Toast. I couldnt find any sourdough bread that wasnt sliced. So I had to buy the sliced bread instead. I never had tonga toast before. I thought it was OK. I guess Im not a hot banana person DH liked it alot though.

My brother has one of the really cool Disney Resort cookbooks, but we'd yet to use it. After seeing these pictures though, I was completely inspired to try making the Tonga Toast. Oh.my.gosh. It was so good. I've never been to WDW (born and raised a Disneyland girl), but if the real thing is as good as that recipe. I'd love to try it there someday. It was delicious with the bananas, but I'm wondering how it would be with apple that have been cooked up with a little cinnamon/sugar in a crockpot, especially since there's cinnamon and sugar used anyway.
moikturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:21 AM   #86
lewdyan1
DIS Veteran

I am so hungry just looking at all these pictures! How hard was the Tonga Toast to make, it looks so good!

Dyan 0=====0

Too many times to count... but never enough!!!Twirl Trips 2010!August - Orlando, October -Orlando July - Savannah
lewdyan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #87
DizneyDogs
Mouseketeer
Scrapbooking Diva

The tonga toast is actually super easy! actually everything out of the delicious disney cookbook that I have made has been really easy which is always a big plus IMHO
Old 09-20-2008, 08:18 AM   #88
shane&jakesmom
Walt Disney World is my happy place. Wishing to be a DVC member and own a piece of the world.

Dizney Dogs, Post more pictures, they are excellent this is a great thread where is everybody. I myself have no pictures but love looking at them.

1992,1993,1996,2002,2005,2006(2x),2007(3x)
Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, All Star Sports, All Star Movies and Pop Century

shane&jakesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:47 AM   #89
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

Last night we had Nut-Crusted Mahi Mahi made from the recipe I got from Boma in 2001. (Yeah, finally got around to making it. )

DH had picked up the nuts for me, but forgot to get the pumpkin seeds so I made it without those. As I remember what it tasted like at Boma, I should have sent him back out. It was excellent, but I missed that little difference. It was hotter than I remembered...of course that could be because I ran out of cayenne so I ground up some red pepper flakes...maybe about half of what it called for in cayenne. It ended up making my lips burn like they do when I eat Pad Thai from Chinese take-out...so it wasn't bad - just a surprise.

Super easy to make & delicious. We'll be having this again!

Old 10-31-2008, 07:52 PM   #90
definitiveact
Earning My Ears

I do not have a picture but I just made the tomato salad from the biergarten from the Germany pavillion in epcot and holy moly was it tart!!! I had only used 1/4 of what the recipe originnaly called for and next time I think I am only going to use 1/8 of what the recipe calls for. Believe me I love my vinegar but this was too tart for me. Just thought I'd let any curious people know before they made it themselves!!!

WDW-1998 offsite
WDW-2000 offsite
WDW-2002 Fort Wilderness
WDW-2003 Offsite
WDW-2005 Buena vista palace
WDW-2007 Buena Vista palace
DL-2008 offsite

I my Jack Russell Terrier!!

definitiveact is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: