Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2008, 07:12 AM   #46
luna99
Oh great. Now we've got a yeti. - Jamie from Mythbusters I Believe in naps! - Bawb

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamsaunt View Post
Another fairly recent one....coconut curried chicken stew from Boma:

oh that looks great! DH and I loved all the soups/stews at Boma. Was this one hard to make? mmmmmmmm. I may have to give it a go!
Old 03-13-2008, 08:36 AM   #47
liamsaunt
I was an irish girl with an afro
I am Doombah Dippinlips. I just don't know what to say about that
Agh! I'm a chip junkie!
Mashed potatoes were invented as a delivery vehicle

I thought it was easy to make. If you would like, I will type in the recipe (unless it is already over on the recipe thread!).
liamsaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2008, 09:17 AM   #48
luna99
Oh great. Now we've got a yeti. - Jamie from Mythbusters I Believe in naps! - Bawb

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamsaunt View Post
I thought it was easy to make. If you would like, I will type in the recipe (unless it is already over on the recipe thread!).
well, if you don't mind typing it up that is great but I'm sure I could find it with a little bit of searching as well.... up to you! DH is really into a soup kick lately so maybe I can talk him into making this together this weekend! was it delish? I wonder how fattening it is? lol. Does it call for coconut milk and stuff like that?
Old 03-13-2008, 09:20 AM   #49
allisonswonderland
DIS Veteran

Those cinnamon rolls look AMAZING - I am the one who requested that reciepe, but have not had the chance to make it yet. Are they as good as they look? I am thinking (we are moving into a new house soon) about having a family brunch, if they are good I may make them.

1. are they hard
2. are they as good as main street without out being on Main Street of course

Mad Hatter Tea Party
WDW Wedding Nov 10, 2006
allisonswonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:29 AM   #50
CinRell
DIS Veteran

Wow you guys are talented... I mean, your presentation is awsome! I've made the chicken curry boma soup and norway rice cream MANY times (both extremely easy) but if I were to have photo'd it you'd see a big messy pot of soup and some tupperware bowls and a big bowl of rice cream..

Nothing near as beautiful as these!
Old 03-15-2008, 12:42 AM   #51
DizneyDogs
Mouseketeer
Scrapbooking Diva

ESPN Nachos

The recipe for the ESPN Nachos was not difficult at all.

I must admit that my DH and I took some liberties with the recipe, but we did base it off the photos we have from our last visit where we visited ESPN.

Just stack together tortilla chips, refried beans, browned ground beef (optional), and melted cheese sauce. If you want a large plate, use more than one layer of each. Put it in the microwave long enough that it is warm through.

Top with shredded cheese, guacamole, sour cream and fresh cilantro leaves.

The guacamole is made from fresh avocados, salsa (as hot as you like it), cilantro, and lime juice.

Enjoy.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:55 PM   #52
Chedstro
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the ESPN Naco approximation! Sounds like something I could actually do! Again, thanks!

Hail thee Babylonia, the goddess of women and all things fertile, and the landmark of the bathroom.

Savvy Pirates guild on PotCO

Morgan Mistcaster on Wizard101
Chedstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:27 PM   #53
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

I made the Irish Brown Bread and the Guiness Dipping Sauce today. The bread recipe is printed in the Food and Wine 2007 Cookbook and very a similar, if not the same, recipe from Raglan Road. The dipping sauce recipe was given to me by the waiter at RR...but its also listed on the recipe thread. I altered the dipping recipe though and used Moosehead beer (I had it on hand from when I made the LeCellier Cheddar Cheese Soup.

Here is the loaf cooling:

Sliced (very thick) and served with butter and Guiness Dipping Sauce
FormrCastMbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #54
Chedstro
DIS Veteran

Oh that bread looks wonderful! I just looked up the recipe in the F&W 1007 cookbook and they keep saying "the pan." Did you use a regular loaf pan or something different?

Thanks in advance - will dream of that bread with KerryGold butter!

Hail thee Babylonia, the goddess of women and all things fertile, and the landmark of the bathroom.

Savvy Pirates guild on PotCO

Morgan Mistcaster on Wizard101
Chedstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:23 AM   #55
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedstro View Post
Oh that bread looks wonderful! I just looked up the recipe in the F&W 1007 cookbook and they keep saying "the pan." Did you use a regular loaf pan or something different?

Thanks in advance - will dream of that bread with KerryGold butter!
Yes, I used a loaf pan.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #56
apostolic4life
Chef Grumpy

Free forming the loaves would be more traditional.

Traditional artisan breads are not made in loaf pans, so if you make this bread again, you can just form the dough into a ball then place it on a sheet pan or pie pan. Forming a log with the dough and placing it on a sheet pan will also give you a nice artisan look to the finished bread. Scoring the dough before baking will give it a nice finished look too.......originally scoring the bread was used to identify loaves because all breads were brought to a community oven for baking since most families could not afford an oven of their own. Just some thoughts about bread.......by the way, that bread looks really good; nice crumb and crust. Was it moist?? Next time we go to Raglan Road we will have to try this.

Where we've been:Aug. 2004 - CBR : Aug. 2004 - DCL : Dec. 2005 - POP : Nov. 2006 - Poly : Dec. 2007 - Off Site : Mar. 2009 - Off Site : May 2010 - Off Site : Jan. 2011 - POR : Feb./Mar. 2012 - Off Site
Where we're going: Dec. 2012 - Off Site
Me: DW: DD18: DD9: DD6:
DS3:
apostolic4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:55 AM   #57
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by apostolic4life View Post
Traditional artisan breads are not made in loaf pans, so if you make this bread again, you can just form the dough into a ball then place it on a sheet pan or pie pan. Forming a log with the dough and placing it on a sheet pan will also give you a nice artisan look to the finished bread. Scoring the dough before baking will give it a nice finished look too.......originally scoring the bread was used to identify loaves because all breads were brought to a community oven for baking since most families could not afford an oven of their own. Just some thoughts about bread.......by the way, that bread looks really good; nice crumb and crust. Was it moist?? Next time we go to Raglan Road we will have to try this.

Thank you for the ideas...we had this discussion on the "Whats for Dinner" thread yesterday and another poster free formed hers since she did not have a loaf pan.

Its a very dense bread...dry but not too dry...sort of like traditional soda bread.

When we went to RR the first time, they did not serve the bread automatically. We had to ask for it.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #58
lucas
°o°

I gotta subscribe to this one.

And, I see some of my foodie friends are already here - hi ya'll!

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:02 PM   #59
bsjs0708
DIS Veteran

to all of you not only for your cullinary talents but your photography skills as well
bsjs0708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #60
liamsaunt
I was an irish girl with an afro
I am Doombah Dippinlips. I just don't know what to say about that
Agh! I'm a chip junkie!
Mashed potatoes were invented as a delivery vehicle

Here is a picture of my modified smoky mushroom soup from Artist Point. It's pretty different from the original--I don't have a home smoker, for example, but it is similar enough and inspired by the original, so I thought I would show you. The modified recipe is posted over on the wfd thread on the community board.

liamsaunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: