Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #1
daisy 'n donald
Mouseketeer

packing question

for those with little little ones, how many outfits per day do you bring? dd will be 21 months....she's not prone to accidents but can be a messy eater....but with pool/napping breaks mid day....not sure how much to pack? i usually overpack for myself but now i have to fit her clothes too...
was thinking 3 per day? one to wear and one to bring to the parks just incases?
we're going end of sept....4 full days of parks
thanks!
'10 AllStarSports- 1year anniv!
'12 AllStarSports- babymoon
'14 CBR- baby's frist trip to wdw! 5 year anniv!

dh(38) me(35) :baby girl (1.5)

daisy 'n donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
Feberin
Mouseketeer

My daughter was 23 months when we went. I packed a little under two outfits per day for her but we were already planning on doing laundry so I knew that she would have extra clothes in the second week. I definitely over packed! She only used one outfit per day except for the one day that we went back and did a nap then headed back out and then I mostly changed her because she had been sweaty it wasn't necessary. However we do bibs with all meals.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2014, 07:38 PM   #3
eangel12
DIS Veteran

We are going for 10 nights, 11 days. I am bringing 2 outfits per day for 5 days and will do laundry part way through! We already have enough stuff to pack between blankies, white noise machine, puddle jumpers, etc
eangel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:05 PM   #4
tatra83
Earning My Ears

My son was 23 months last time we went. I packed 2 outfits per day and it was way too much. Next time I would just pack one per day with maybe 1 or 2 additional in case an outfit change was needed.
tatra83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #5
mmbrad02
Mouseketeer

My child is 3, will be a month shy of 4 on our trip, and I am planning 2-3 outfits per day. For one thing, we have some outfits specific for meals (cinderella dress from Etsy fro CRT breakfast, etc) and then she will likely change out of those. Also, she is a terribly messy eater so I wouldn't be surprised if we have to change after most meals, especially our table service meals. We are potty trained, but I'm afraid with the distractions we may also need to keep spares for an accident.

We are staying 6 nights and not planning on laundry.

1984 - Offsite
1991 - Offsite
2006 - Port Orleans Riverside
2008 - Pop Century

2011 - All Star Movies - Baby's First Trip!
September 2014 - Coronado Springs
mmbrad02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:33 PM   #6
kohlby
DIS Veteran

With an 11 month old, we needed no more than two for day at the max. We tried to pack things for night that could be used for day as well - like onsies and t-shirts. That way, we have more we could use. When we went with a 2.5 year old, we usually just went through one a day as well - but had two spare outfits in our backpack just in case. (And may have had to use an extra outfit once or twice over an entire week).

We don't dress up special for any meals/characters greets - so that lowers the number. And if they spill a little, then it's not a big deal.

We are always prepared to do laundry while we're there if needed too!
kohlby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #7
AKL_Megs
I'd Rather Be At AKL!!!
I feel exposed if I'm not covered

When we travelled with our then-13-month-old, we too packed two outfits a day, and it was far too many for us as well. Aside from special outfits, I now pack one a day, and two extra. I pack a packet of Tide from Target. It takes us much less space than extra clothes. If your kid had a blowout or major food spill, you'd have to rinse the clothes anyways. Hang them in the room to dry and then use those as backups!

AKL_Megs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:27 AM   #8
set1208
Mouseketeer

The laundry is right next to the pool so when you're at the pool, you can pop a load in. When we stayed on site with three of our kids for a week (ages 1,2 and 8 ) I was able to get all I our clothes in a large suitcase and I did laundry twice. It gave me an excuse to get out of the room on my own while DH stayed and watched the kids. When I pack for my kids, I try and bring interchangeable pieces like solid color shorts that will go with most of their tops. I'm lucky in that my boys are the same size so that cuts down on what I need to bring. Go minimal especially if you're also going to be lugging strollers, car seats and other 1 year old gear.
May 2010.....ASMu Mother/Daughter Trip for DD's 10th Birthday
February 2009.....CBR family trip
October 2004.....Pop Century, MNSSHP with me and DD

Last edited by set1208; 08-21-2014 at 08:09 AM.
set1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #9
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

My DS was 23 months on our trip in June. I packed about 8 outfits for him and then had one in my diaper bag. I had 4 very casual outfits and 4 a little nicer outfits. Since it was so hot, I usually changed him after our afternoon break into the nicer outfit for the evening.

We are DVC though and I do a load of laundry every other day so it was plenty for him. Saved a lot of luggage space too.

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:18 PM   #10
asmit4
DIS Veteran

1.5 outfits per day and do laundry if you have to. 5 night trip---I'd bring 8 outfits, 2 pairs of shoes and probably 8 pairs of socks. (change the socks mid day as it's HOT and the socks get sweaty)
November 2013- Wyndham Bonnet Creek/AS Sports
October 2014- DVC- Saratoga Springs/Wyndham BC
asmit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:35 AM   #11
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

I always do 2, even as an adult. But I bring laundry detergent because there is no way I'd want to pack all those clothes! Plus there is no room for all those clothes. We each have a drawer (family of 5) and the 6th drawer is for dirty laundry.

Not sure where you do breakfast but we eat in the room so my kids are still sleepy in their PJs while eating (we bring cereal, pop tarts, bagels, etc...) and then they change, although they are older now so they may change first depending in their state if tiredness.

Snacks aren't that messy for us and then lunch and if they make a mess you are going for a nap/pool break so they will get new clothes and have a snack in their dirty pre nap clothes or bathing suit and then dinner would be an issue...bring a bib as a just in case.

But yep, laundry is a must for me!
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
monorailsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:29 AM   #12
kangamangus
Earning My Ears

One outfit per day per kid and then two extra outfits are packed. We definitely do laundry as needed. Less is more in our world and we already are bringing down 5 to 6 suitcases, a triple stroller, carry on bags..ugh
Old 08-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #13
MOpGrad2013
DIS Veteran

For DS3 we usually pack one top for each day plus 2. Then the bottoms are mostly mix and match so we can get through with minimum sink washing.

When DD was a baby (16 yrs now) she had matching socks, bows...so her clothing was definitely more extensive.

How many outfits do you usually go through at home in a day? I would take that number, add the specialty clothes, and call it a closed suitcase. Save a bit of money for the incidental "ooh a Frozen shirt or in my case, Jake and the NeverLand pirates swim outfit."

This past trip, we did laundry, but that was due to an accident in the car on the drive down. Otherwise, it can wait.

2010 Coronado Springs2014 Windsor Hills2015 TBA
MOpGrad2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #14
NorthernGrl
Mouseketeer

I try to under pack. We'll be there for 7 nights plus travel days there and back, and I'll aim to bring 7 outfits per person. Most will be mix and match. With 4 kids and having to worry about Halloween costumes too, I want to pack as little as possible.
Like a pp, I like to sneak out and do laundry for some alone time, but this trip, we'll be at Bonnet Creek and will have laundry in room.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:36 PM   #15
Trip planner
Mouseketeer

1 outfit per day plus 2 extra

I took a 23 month old and I packed 1/ day plus 2 extra in case of emergencies. I always carried one with us in the diaper bag. I figured if we used the 2 extra outfits, I may just buy a souvenir t-shirt
Trip planner is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: