Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
Jing
Genius in Training

Cloth Diapering in Disney

Anyone cloth diaper at Disney and have any tips? We are planning to stay at either Poly or Contemporary for a week next October.
Jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #2
MrsPinup
3 cups. cups, cups, cups, cups, cups

I just did a week at Aulani and ended up doing sposies for the week. It was too much to try to pack all of the diapers and then worry about finding time to wash and dry them. Good luck if you do it though! My figurative hat would be off to you

MrsPinup is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2014, 08:22 PM   #3
ImSoExcited
Earning My Ears

What's your system? I've found that the only thing that I don't love to wash in hotel laundromat or wait to wash until home are AIO's and Sbish fitteds. Everything else I stick in a Monkey Foot Designs wetbag and wash every third day. I dry on hangers or draped over the shower and bathtub. Tide pods are perfect for travel.
ImSoExcited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:38 PM   #4
Jing
Genius in Training

We do aios, prefolds, and grovia ai2s for day, and fitteds with wool for night. I figured covers and pad folded flats would work best for the luggage room and drying, though I don't love flats. I was wondering about wash routine changes since we come from hard water (I worship Tide ). The pods are a great idea.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:55 PM   #5
usagibuffy
Mouseketeer

While I love my cloth diapers and am prepping a new set for baby #3, I'll be using disposables under a cloth cover (to prevent blowouts) for our baby when we go. We'll be there almost 2 weeks and I prefer not to spend much time in the laundry room, especially with such a young baby going through so many changes. I might seriously consider it with a toddler who is only going through a few a day like mine was a few months ago.

I don't know about WDW, but at Disneyland, the Baby Care Center actually has spot for rinsing diapers!
Old 07-27-2014, 11:30 PM   #6
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

We used Flips with disposable inserts when traveling until our babies were about a year. This worked well because we could hand wash the covers in the sink. I didn't like the idea of build up in the public washers ruining my diapers, or at least making me need to strip them later.

After about a year and at night, we just used disposable and enjoyed space for souvinears in the suitcase as we used the diapers!

AZMermaid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:44 AM   #7
MichaelaF
Mouseketeer

We cloth diaper at home, but I'll admit we do disposables at Disney. Even when we have had villas with washers, I feel like we are already juggling enough and will give cloth diapering a pass for the week. Less bulk to carry, less to mess with in crowded bathroom changing areas.

NEXT TRIP: Nov 2014 - Fort Wilderness!
March 2014 - Disneyland Off-site
Oct 2013 - Fort Wilderness and Villas at Wilderness Lodge
1994 - Polynesian Resort - Concierge and Magic Kingdom View
1992 - Polynesian Resort
1984 - Disneyland
MichaelaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:56 AM   #8
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

I cloth diaper but I would never cloth diaper on a vacation unless I literally didn't have enough money for disposables or my baby got a crazy rash from every single brand of disposables. Not worth the bulk in the diaper bag for having enough diapers for a full day at the parks, or the time and hassle of washing.

I do like my cloth diapers, but it was so nice on vacation not doing an extra few loads of laundry. We are staying at a townhome rental with a w/d...but I still would never think to bring cloth.

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:01 AM   #9
Lolsmum
Mouseketeer

I did cloth with my two, and even travelled overseas with cloth with my first, but switching to disposables to travel was one of the best things I did. A cloth cover over the top to help with blowouts, and maybe wool and cloth overnight if you have a baby like my first was who would wet straight through disposables, sounds good but really save yourself the hassle and space and go with disposables for just the trip.
Lolsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:08 AM   #10
amomma23
DIS Veteran

I'm with everyone else. We only used cloth diapers for all 3 of our kiddos, but at Disney, Pampers were our friends.

amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:15 AM   #11
JoeyEmmaMomma
Mouseketeer

I cloth diaper at home, but use Honest Diapers when we travel.
If I was going to use cloth, I'd do something like Flip covers with disposable insert things. You could hand wash the covers and toss the inserts.

Me DH and our kiddies J (8) E(4) and W(11 months)

JoeyEmmaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:18 AM   #12
MandiC
DIS Veteran

We've done Grovia with disposable inserts while camping and it wasn't too bad I am not sure Grovia even does it anymore, it's been 4 years since I've bought any new diapers. I have heard Flip does them but haven't ever personally used them

10 8 4 3

Feb. 2014 (POR), first trip and hooked!
Next trip, who knows? Probably 2016.
MandiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:17 PM   #13
Jing
Genius in Training

We have a short trip coming up to NYC this December where we intend to cloth - I may trial the GroVia disposable inserts along with the regular stash to see how it goes.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:59 PM   #14
ryansstitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jing View Post
Anyone cloth diaper at Disney and have any tips? We are planning to stay at either Poly or Contemporary for a week next October.
I have a 7 month old who gets awful rashes from all disposable diapers. We tried using honest dipes on our last trip. By day 4, her entire lower torso to mid thigh was red, scaly and peeling. Took 7 weeks to recover and she still has discoloration... Needless to say, we will be doing cloth this time! with some disposable grovia inserts( the only thing disposable that doesn't break her out so far). I will report back on how it goes, but I expect it to be fine. We are staying in a villa with washer and dryer so we will stick to our ordinary routine.

ryansstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:04 AM   #15
MommyBell08
DIS Veteran

We did cloth with DS and ordered organic cotton sposies for Disney. Couldn't deal with a wet bag of pooh in that heat.

ASMo'04*O.S.'06*POP'07*POP'09*CSR'09*AKV'11(KV)*AK V'12(J)*OKW'12 OHANA ....Coming soon AKV'14 and SSR'14

MommyBell08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: