Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #136
DARuss
Tag. You're it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post
Take your time. Mardi Gras! I didn't realize you were from Louisiana. Are you a Saints fan? I am. My brother swayed me away from the Bills to be a Saints fan.
Oh yea a Saints fan all 41 years, even was in the superdome for the first game (it was raining ourside). We live about 50 miles north of New Orleans. A Big LSU fan too GEAUX TIGERS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_river View Post
`

GO SENS GO

`
Quote:
who?
As a Saints fan I am used to this
Dis Dads Club Dad#16 BushWackers are Baaaaaaack.....a PTR for 1/09 trip
Me DW DD13 DD27
Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 1975, Contemporary Dec '76 & July '85, All Star Movies Jan '07, Pop Century '12, '13 & 14 Boardwalk Villas Jan '08, '09, 10 & '12, Feb '11 & '13.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:00 AM   #137
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARuss View Post
Oh yea a Saints fan all 41 years, even was in the superdome for the first game (it was raining ourside). We live about 50 miles north of New Orleans. A Big LSU fan too GEAUX TIGERS.

As a Saints fan I am used to this
Being from NY there are only a handful of Saints fans. Last year during the playoffs me, my brother, and a bunch of other Saints fans went to Tully's to watch the playoffs. We were the only ones screaming for the Saints. We got a lot of mean looks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #138
Montana Disney Fan
GAT-Master Extraordinaire
A little off topic

Go Rangers!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #139
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Disney Fan View Post
Go Rangers!
who?
Old 02-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #140
blue_river
I do believe in fairies!
Yahooty for you guys

Quote:
Go Rangers!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #141
carrieannie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Old 02-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #142
carrieannie
DIS Veteran

Old 02-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #143
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

Old 02-05-2008, 10:32 AM   #144
carrieannie
DIS Veteran

How ya doin with that TR David? no, no, really take your sweet time,,,

Old 02-05-2008, 10:35 AM   #145
blue_river
I do believe in fairies!
Yahooty for you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieannie View Post
Old 02-05-2008, 10:36 AM   #146
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

Old 02-06-2008, 03:52 PM   #147
DARuss
Tag. You're it.

Quote:
Looking forward to an update

Sorry the victims are still hurting
Here comes the update finnally, in just a few.

Quote:
Being from NY there are only a handful of Saints fans. Last year during the playoffs me, my brother, and a bunch of other Saints fans went to Tully's to watch the playoffs. We were the only ones screaming for the Saints. We got a lot of mean looks.
I know the feeling, I was in WDW last year when they lost in the playoffs

Quote:
Go Rangers!

Quote:
who?
ZACKLY

Quote:
Ok OK
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just a few minutes. Posting it and checking it now.
Me DW DD13 DD27
Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 1975, Contemporary Dec '76 & July '85, All Star Movies Jan '07, Pop Century '12, '13 & 14 Boardwalk Villas Jan '08, '09, 10 & '12, Feb '11 & '13.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #148
Montana Disney Fan
GAT-Master Extraordinaire
A little off topic

Quote:

Old 02-06-2008, 04:36 PM   #149
DARuss
Tag. You're it.

Let's get the Invasion Started

<<<<<Lets get the Invasion Started>>>>>

Well, Let me attempt to get some things clear and re-introduce you to our Invaders:

Me---David, (King of the Invasion)-Responsible for the ressies for this trip.

DW---(Clean Lady aka CL), Author of the “honey_do” list and critic of the driving and travel schedule.

DD8---(Daddy’s Girl), 2nd trip to WDW

Big-Guy---(our Bodygurard aka BG), A former resident of Florida.

Stacgirl---(aka SG), DW to BG, 1st trip to the “world” in a long time.

Lil-Man---(aka LM), Son to BG and stepson to SG. 1st ever trip to WDW.

?????---(aka ???)(still no nick-name), Big Brother to SG. Earns nick-name in this update.

Lil-Bit---(aka LB), DW to ???

Flora Crocker---(aka Flora), Croc from the Disboards.

Our Goals: Have as much fun as humanly possible in 7 days. What is it going to be like staying with-in walking distance of Epcot and MGM (can’t get used to Hollywood yet). Where are the best food and drinks?

The time has finally come. It is midnight Jan 25th and time to wake up CL. She wants to get all made up for our trip. We are going to meet BG & SG with ??? and LB at around 1:30am. I step outside to check the temp BRRRRRR 35deg and wet. It was not supposed to get below 40deg tonight and there is still 5 and a half hours to go before the sun comes up. I hope this is not a sign of how the week is going to go. It is supposed to be 65 – 80degs for highs the next seven days in Orlando.

1:40am: We are on our way. WooHoo. Last trip we were an hour late getting started. We can’t get to Pensacola before about 4:45, though. That gives us time to fuel up and get to Cracker Barrel at about 5:00, opening time. Pensacola is about 210 miles away. I am sure that we will have to make a couple of pit stops before we get there. Besides, I just carried DD from her pillow to the truck without stopping by the bathroom. (there’s one stop).

We are well into Mississippi and DD is still asleep. My pit stop strategy is not going to good yet. She finally wakes up just before the Alabama state line so we can pull in at the rest area. Time saved without having to get way off the interstate. This is not looking good for my scheduled stop in P’cola. Well, when we get to P'cola we are about 40 minutes early and I don’t want to sit in the parking lot for 30 plus minutes waiting on Cracker Barrel to open. We can catch the Cracker Barrel about 20 miles past P’cola (if I remember right) in Milton.

Three Milton extis later we stop for fuel. I go inside to ask, "Where the Cracker Barrel?" (CL has her mind made up she wants a good breakfast from there). The nice girl behind the counter smiled proudly exposing her 3 front teeth and said “There ain’t no Cracker Barrel in Milton but there is one in Pensacola. I have to step back from the counter (I am lovin pay at the pump) and inquire about one going in the other direction. They have one of those in Crestview about 30 miles east. Whew, just right, we can be there by 5:20 right after opening. The rest of the invaders are cool with this as long as we don’t waste too much time. The natives are getting hungry.

5:15 and we arrive @ Crestview CB. Only 4 cars in the parking lot, great, not busy we can eat and run. We get to the front door and the LOCKED door said open at 6:00am. What! Why is P’cola open at 5 and this one at 6? Oh well, We have a few choices. Don’t want to wait 45 mins to open. How about Waffle House or the arches? Waffle House it is (and it is closest too). Not long after we set up camp, the place is empty. That is the kind of affect we have on people I guess. We had all three of the employees with smiles by the time we left. I don’t know if it is because we were there are because we were leaving???????

Ok, that was uhhh……..filling. Now back to the venture eastward. How far can we make it before someone starts yelling for another pit stop?

The sun is starting to rise in front of us.

We make it past the Eastern time line and all the way to Tallahassee before we have to stop. Not bad, about 2 hours, we are doing good. It is time for fuel too. This is going too good, time wise.

I am still catching flack over the breakfast stop. I am inventing all kinds of travel games to keep the subject off of breakfast.

Now we are headed south on I-75, Yay, about 3 hours left.

Just after we get on I-75: "Invader 2 calling invader 1 come in". We have two way radios, by the way. "LBs eyes are floating we need to stop somewhere quick." No problem, lets go ahead and top off with gas and we can make it all the way without any more stops. The gas stations on WDW property have low prices.

60 minutes later: "Invader 2 calling Invader 1, I need to stop again." I think I have finally come up with a name for ???. From now on ??? will be known as “John” since he spends soooo much time there. "We can stop at the rest stop in the middle on the turnpike", John says. He knows where all the good B/R’s are too. Alright, one last stop. Everybody OUT!! Go NOW or too bad.

Finally, we arrive on property at 1:15. Still way ahead of our ETA of 2:30.

And here we are driving up to the BWV at 1:25. WOW.

The valet guy looks at my “national Championship LSU” sweatshirt and the first thing he tells me is that he is a big Buckeye fan. I said I hope you are not looking going to take it out on my truck then. When I opened the back of the truck, he asked if he should get another cart. While we were unloading the truck, CL noticed the fry-daddy. What is that for? Don’t worry about it, just tip the guy and lets get checked in so we can get something to eat before your sugar level drops and I have to deal with your hot flashes.

Up Next>>>>>The Extended Check In and Pa Pa Pa Please Can We Eat Now?<<<<<<
Me DW DD13 DD27
Old 02-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #150
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

I love that you guys used your radios to communicate and that you actually brought along the Fry Daddy!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: