Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
dawminatrix
Celebrate You!

Wishes in the rain....(5/24/08)

We got to the park about 9pm, just in time for the first Spectromagic parade. It was very obvious that we had JUST missed a downpour as everyone was walking around in ponchos still. We skirted around it and found a comfy spot between the hub and Tomorrow Land to wait for Wishes.

As we were standing there....drip...drip...drip....ahhh, Florida rain...We drove from Tampa just for Wishes (date night with DH) and no way was I letting a little rain get in the way of me and the show. It wasn't that bad, just an annoying steady droplet rain. As soon as the show ended so did the rain.

We squished on over to Buzz Lightyear, walked right on and DH beat me...as usual. Space Mountain was a 60 min wait out the door, so we skipped that, and headed to the Speedway. Again, DH won...he had the fast car behind me and well, got a few funny pics of me driving with no hands.

Well, after that.....we walked on to the Tea Cups and spun ourselves silly...

Snow White was a walk on too

After that was the Haunted Mansion...walked up to the doors, and no one was there....4 teenagers and me and DH...they were all giggly and got a good "scare" from the tombstone opening her eyes....then...they knocked on the door.....hmmm, no answer....they knocked on the doors again....and they give a violent rattle scaring the poopie out of the teen girl and even making the 3 boys jump! It was hilarious!!!

As we got out the second Spectromagic parade was ending and we took the quick walkway over to Thunder Mountain...walked onto that, got off walked onto Splash Mountain and were one of the last riders on that. DH and I got our pic of us kissing as we went down the big falls (blush)

12:04am and everything was closed. We meandered up to the hub, got our pic taken (photopass) and took pics of all the cast iron characters around Walt and Mickey.

(m&m's were for our daughter at home babysitting)

Finally at about 12:40am, we got our kiss good night from the Castle.

It was a fun date! Soon we'll be blocked out for our seasonal passes, so we bid a fond farewll to the park and look forward to seeing it again in August. See ya real soon!!!

Last edited by dawminatrix; 05-25-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:38 PM   #2
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Love the pics with the cast iron characters! Very creative ways of capturing them

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #3
juliana_sd
DIS Veteran

What a fun date night!! Bummer about the rain, glad you didn't let it spoil the trip!

ASMo May 2008 - We're baaa-aack
Our mother/son, too much fun, SURPRISE ENDING vacation!
Old 08-13-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for the pictures and the "kiss good nite" I never saw it before.
Thanks for sharing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: