Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #16
mermaidbride1108
Disney Fairy Tale Bride 8.31.09

Meryll - the dress is part of the regular Justin Alexander collection but it is under the United States, maybe you could call with the style and see if anyone stocks it

Caryn, I was reading Kristin's journal yesterday and I was excited to see someone's theme close to mine! Hopefully we can swap ideas! I wanna add some color to that cake I've had it saved under favorites for awhile now with another one and want to kind of mash them together

12 days away? Oh my God! So close. I've been reading your journal too! I can't wait to see pics! Best Wishes in the final hour! yay!

Desnik - that's the idea I had for centerpieces and found a great cheap website for seashells that sell them in lots. But It might be a pian to lug all that stuff to Disney so I may change my mind and do a Aquarium type look with Flowers instead. I have time so I'll probably change my mind a million times! haha!

Quick Update

I've gotten the ok from the DF to book the Honeymoon and hotel if I want now while I'm still at my old job and really just srufin the web and not actually doin work anymore. It's really early though but that's definitely the cruise we want to take and I thought I might as well book hotel while I'm getting quotes. What do you think? Am I asking for trouble?

What travel services have you used to book Disney Vacations? I requested quotes from the parter of Allears.net and WDWinfo.com. Any other suggestions?

I figured while I'm still at this job I might as well do some wedding planning, I'll have toget serious when I start my new job

mermaidbride1108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:59 AM   #17
helloirishkitty
DIS Veteran

I've used AAA and dreams unlimited to book trips- both are super helpful and I highly recommend them

I love the dresses you've picked out... i'm a big fan of pickup skirts...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2008, 03:45 PM   #18
mermaidbride1108

What do you guys think of this? Too Cheesy?

I'll be posting I lot of stuff I found just so I can keep it all in one place myself! This was found on beachcomberbride.com

Last edited by mermaidbride1108; 01-29-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:04 PM   #19
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

I really like it! I don't think it is cheesy at all.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:09 PM   #20
sunsh1ne
DIS Veteran

i think it is beautiful
sunsh1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #21
calla28
Earning My Ears

I like it its very cute and would definately go with your theme.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:15 PM   #22
caryndisneydiva
DIS Veteran

not cheesy at all. i like that it's so different!

DFTW planning journal* DFTW Trip Report
It's always good to have a nice pair of handy.
caryndisneydiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:29 PM   #23
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaidbride1108 View Post
Yes, I'm crazy I seem to be posting repeatedly in one night. Well this thread has kind of made me double check my decisions and make sure they work. Writing it all down just helps alot I guess...

So we set the date that we would like, September 1st 2009. We set this date because My DF really wants to do the Disney Cruise and we haven't been emotionally attached to any date so we have been choosing our date based on cruise dates and the low season in Disney. It's not exactly low season because its the week before Labor day but that date helps both my bridesmaids as well. My MOH is about to graduate with her education degree and goes tomorrow for interviews for schools. Plus my bridesmaid will be 18 and will be entering college then so hopefully both their school schedules start after Labor Day, which is 9/7 in 2009.

So September 1st it is! Does anyone know if how hard it is to get the date that you want?

Ok here's some pictures of some items that either I like or that I have purchased already. I have alot of stuff I put away for the wedding and I'll take pics of that later.

This is my engagement ring. This pic is from when I got engaged in Cindy's Royal Table

Last year sometime, i went crazy buying stuff for the wedding and then reality set in and I thought... Where am I going to put this stuff, or better yet, how am I going to get it down to Disney? Anyways I bought 7 Sand Castles from Ebay. They were really a good deal, but now I don't know if we will use them. Here's a pic of kinda what they look like - I'll get a better pic later.

I also bought my guest book and garter off of ebay new for $6 together. It was a simple white garter with a sparkle starfish and a tossing garter. And the Guest book was a plain white bookwith blue ribbin and starfish. I'm not crazy about them now, but both of those things were relatively unimportant to be in the overall scheme of things. I may buy another guest book and garter because I found a whole set I love and it still goes with the pen I bought that I love too. This is the pen but mine is completely in white

Here's the cake I love... I stole it from someone's planning journal I hope you don't mind

The server I'm planning to get from DFTW

I really want some sort aqua as my wedding color I actually have a page from a bridal magazine of a program with ribbons that's my inspiration. I would like to use a range of blues and greens as my colors. I'll scan the pic when I'm at my mom's next.

Here's is the garter and flower basket I really, really want. I am really thinking of buying them now but I'm not even close to getting bridesmaid dresses so I'm not sure what color I'll purchase but this is the color I want.

I really like these two styles of dress but not sold on them. I really want an off the shoulder type sleeve. ut I like the bodice and pick-up skirt. This may change once I try on dresses! I also am in love with the third..it's not anything like my picture in my head but I Love it... But I really want a big skirt since I never wore one for my proms.

Ok here for my rant about the Disney Princess line. I was really dissappointed. I don't think they look princess inspired at all, except for a few of the belle ones. This is the only thing I like out of the princess line. i was really hoping they would have a seashell tiara like Swarovski did with the Cinderella line. Oh well... Here is the only piece I like from the Disney Collection... But it's probably like $3000 or something

more to come anything day.. gotta go take a shower
haha...I want that Ariel necklace too. I'm dying to know how much it is also.

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:40 AM   #24
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

plans

Everything you have chosen looks wonderful. I really like the little sand castles and the cake will be perfect. The tiara fits the theme as does the necklace, they will be great. look forward to reading more...
Old 01-19-2008, 10:00 PM   #25
mermaidbride1108

Ok, I don't have any updates really, but was really lazy all day and took pics of all of my wedding stuff that I already purchased way too early and now is sitting under my kitchen table.

What updates do I have? Well DF and I decided on the Polynesion resort for three nights and All Star Movies for our first two nights there. We didn't book anything but I wanted to be prepared what resorts we both liked. We figured the first two days we be at parks mostly and running around - save some money with a less expensive place. Polynesion - any feedback? I loved all the pics on Allears.net but it seems confusing with all the different long houses. It was between this and Boardwalk.

Second Update - We decided to go with a Category 5 for our cruise and add the Romantic Escape package. I read reviews on WDWInfo.com and I like the sounds of staterooms - 7072,7058,7018,7032,7038. It also seems like the cheapest rate for airfare for us is Southwest Airlines, $99 web special so I'll get to book that in another month for our trip this Sept.

Updated 1/29, due to photobucket completely screwing up my pictures, I deleted this section because it described and showed invites which we are no longer using. We decided to us Cards and Pockets instead.

Last edited by mermaidbride1108; 01-29-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:09 PM   #26
mermaidbride1108

My fiance made these door hangers. I have 11 left to make for the bridal party. I have to find the pics of him making these, it was really cute. He really got into it.

I bought these after I learned a big lesson. I found these bubble labels on Ebay with an Ariel & Eric graphic and now I can't find them. So I bought these - Mint to Be packets. They were pretty cheap. Not sure If I'll use these at the wedding or welcome bag

These are Sebastion & Flounder Lollipop molds and Starfish and shell soap molds. I plan to make the character lollipops and the shells into soap. Now I never made soap before so I may just say screw it and buy them cheap on ebay instead and sell the mold. I plan on making these for welcome bags

Last edited by mermaidbride1108; 01-29-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:16 PM   #27
mermaidbride1108

Favor Bags $1 each at Target. 10 bags in each and I have 8 total.

Update 1/29 - these might get resold on ebay too.

Mickey pens for welcome bags

When Target had a ton of wedding stuff I bought the hats and bridal stuff. I have 5 bridesmaids hats and brdie sandals and a bride hat. I also bought the bachlorette stuff, Not that my maid of honor wouldn't but I always buy stuff when I see it and then have no room.

Last edited by mermaidbride1108; 01-29-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:26 PM   #28
mermaidbride1108

When I'm bored at work I'll be looking through ebay for cheap stuff.

Photo Book I bought off ebay.

I'm going to use these for Thank you cards. Disneyprincessbelle was nice even to sell them to me at cost. She's one of the most creative people on these boards. Big thanks to her for these! I have 75 of these.

Another thing I bought off ebay. I figured I would use it as my emergncy bag and give it to my maid of honor to hold for me.

And finally our mouse ears that I bought off ebay for cheap.

SO I guess you leanred about me that I love ebay and when I see things for cheap, I buy them, even though I probably won't use some of this stuff because I have no idea how to get it all down there! I have seven of the sand castles so if I have more than 7 tables I will have to do something else. That should be my last big update for awhile. Next steps for us is to book the cruise, Apply for passports(might as well get it out of the way), and I'm going to be making bridal appts for dress shopping.

Hope everyone enjoys the results of my insane shopping!

Last edited by mermaidbride1108; 01-29-2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Posted pic twice in wrong area
Old 01-19-2008, 10:50 PM   #29
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

OMG! Everything looks great so far! I LOVE themes too and am also very matchy matchy...there's a woman on here who had a great Ariel wedding...you could maybe check out her pictures for some inspiration although you look like you have a good grasp on things you never know. It could help: http://www.geocities.com/kismetdreams/sam

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:47 PM   #30
mermaidbride1108

I'll never so no to new Ideas!

I saved her bouquet photos and table settings so that way I have visuals for my plannning season.

Thanks so much!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: