Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #211
beach bride 2010
Mouseketeer

I've really enjoyed reading your PJ since your theme and location are the same as mine and am really sorry you have to end it. I hope you will continue posting on here under a new name without so many dates/specifics. There are a few past and current brides on here with a Little Mermaid theme so you probably wouldn't be too identifiable without naming your specific date and hometown. The reason I don't have a PJ on here is because I don't want any internet stalkers. It's not so much family members and wedding guests I'm worried about but DF works for Disney and I know of at least one bride on here who that became an issue for and she works for the same department as him. I decided that I'd rather be safe than sorry so I don't feel comfortable posting my exact date or any pictures of us in such a public forum. When I do start my PJ it will be on a more secure site even though I really enjoy reading and posting here. I hope you get the family issues straightened out and have a beautiful wedding. I can't wait to see the pics!
beach bride 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #212
MegKate
2010 UMaine Graduate... now unemployed. What to do? Spend time on the DIS!

I'm sorry Jackie You shouldn't have to be dealing with this junk!! I'm with Jennifer - if there's anything we can do, let us know!!
MY PJ can be found here!, Facebook me!
WDW - 1991, 1993, 2000, 2001(Contemporary), 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (Pop), 2011
WDL - 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
Our Wedding/Honeymoon - October 8-20 (POFQ)

Our 5 year anniversary trip - April 26 - May 4, 2014 at the Polynesian - CASTLE VIEW!

MegKate is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2009, 08:37 AM   #213
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear they are causing you issues! Please make sure you let us know when everything is done bc I really want to see your pics bc everything sounds so great so far! And I also wanted to let you know I found your review of the passion fruit mousse that you left in Carolina's PJ- sounds delicious! Thank you Thank you Thank you for that info!
polynesianbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #214
mermaidbride1108
Disney Fairy Tale Bride 8.31.09

A Big HUGE Thank you for the nice words from everyone!!! And all of your suggestions. It means alot to me.

I decided to keep my user name but just stop my PJ. They still haven't found this site (as far as I know) and all of the details that have been posted they already know about. I'm just so sad that it couldn't be worked out. Sometimes you just have to give up when you realize you aren't getting through to the person about what the real problem is.

I'm not going to let them scare me from the boards, I'm just going to be more careful about what I post. The random posts don't have alot of information to them, it's just having all of my wedding details in such an easy place (such as a PJ) for them to find is what worries me.

And I definitely will post a Wedding TR afterwards. I really enjoyed sharing all my details with all of you and it makes me sad I can't tell you all more about it right now. Thanks to everyone for their support, you peeps are amazing!!!!

mermaidbride1108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:59 PM   #215
DISNEY*lover
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry you had to end your PJ but...

HAPPY WEDDING DAY!
Hope it was perfect and magical!

September 7, 2009 I married my best friend
Wedding Pavilion California Grill UK Lower
*PJ & TR!
DISNEY*lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:01 PM   #216
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

Happy Wedding Day!!!

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:10 PM   #217
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

Happy wedding day! Hope everything turned out the way you dreamed it would and I can't wait to hear details when you get back!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:04 AM   #218
figment fan21
Can't wait to be a Disney Bride!

happy wedding day!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:05 AM   #219
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

Happy Wedding Day!
polynesianbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:37 AM   #220
Sarah <3 Disney
DIS Veteran

Hope you had a magical wedding day!

Cast Member
Sarah <3 Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:10 AM   #221
lilsqueakrr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaidbride1108 View Post
More updates! In November, I sent out our DIY Save-the Dates. Then about 2 weeks later, Disney sent out the new Cinderella themed save-the dates. I was really annoyed because I thought my save-the-dates that I made were not take so long to make, but anyway, they are out and I've officially started to get the word out about our wedding! Now here's my small rant... I don't like the new Save-the-dates because you have no idea how many people have asked me questions about hotel stay, all because Disney doesn't lay it out anymore on the save-the date. Don't get me wrong, I love the new look, I just wish they kept the same information on it instead of replacing it with a phone number & website!

Here's the Save the date magnets I made. I wish I printed the magnet on Glossy paper now. My Inspiration is from Mermaid_Ariel's save the dates. I tried to book her designer but she was full already.

Also, I am 99% finished our Wedding Website! I'm using Wedding Window, but I purchased my own domain name. I signed up when I say Camara's awesome site! Please, please visit it and let me know what you think! I am basically doing the finishing touches on it now, proofreading, fixing font, etc. I would really like to add more to the Individual Park pages and also finish Downtown Disney as well. But I wanted something for our guests to feel like they should come back and visit it.

I'm going to send out the E-save-the-dates that Wedding Window has and change it to 'Announcing our Website'.

www.matthewandjaclyn.com

Also, we aren't having the turnout for the wedding as we thought we would. We invited 56 people to the wedding (including children) but only our immediate family and a few friends will probably be joining us. Alot of people say they just don't have the money in this economy and we have 2 people who are pregnant and due just before the wedding and then my cousin decided to have his wedding this year a month before ours. So we haven't gotten any official no's, but we are pretty sure we won't have the turnout that we thought we would have

Also, DF's groomsmen are giving us big problems - I'll elaborate more on that later.

Another update - Our Planning session is scheduled for March 6 for 1pm and our Menu Tasting is at 11am. DF, Me, and my parents will be going from March 5-8 and staying at Pop Century. It's very possible we actually might go to a Spring Training game to see the Phillies in Clearwater. It's been a dream of my Father's to go and see a Spring Training game and since he'll be so close to it, I really can't tell him no even though I'll be in Disney! I think it's because I know I'll actually be in Disney twice this year! YAY!

One more update-we are going bridesmaid dress shopping next Saturday with my Mom and sis/MOH and on Feb 15 with all the bridesmaids and Mom. My sister said she wants to go first with me and my mom so she can get in all her opinions first! I'm letting them pick their own dresses as long as it's an aqua/teal color. I'm going more alongthe lines of Aqua. I'll post pics afterwards.

My mom and I will be booking our rooms soon for the Wedding and our plane tickets!!!!! I can't believe it's finally getting close! We may be doing it this Sunday because my Mother has been bugging me to get it done for awhile.

Ok, now I need everyone's help! I'm gearing up for my PS and I coordinated my massive Target Wedding Binder with all of my information filled out and my decor and cakes pic in there as well! I need your help with the Menu! Any suggestions on what we should try would be very much appreciated!

I hope you all liked this latest update. Now that I'm in the thick of wedding planning, I'll try to post more often!
I absolutely love your STD! Where did you find the seashell graphic with Mickey's?! I may have to borrow it! =]

fairytale comes true

member of the fab 5
Planning Journal Trip Report 2010*
lilsqueakrr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: