Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #121
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

a trip to the mailbox

The new phone books are here! The new phone books are here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogirl'smom View Post
It's a good thing you started at 2:30 in the morning or you might never have gotten there! So sorry about the pain dilemma--a BC Powder is the only other thing I can think of that might have been a little better than ibuprofen! rotfl2:
Ok, I think I'm going to speak for a lot of people here, what is BC Powder? Sounds like something I'd buy on Halsted St. from a guy named Carlos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamom View Post
I'd post the popcorn smilie guy, but if your stomach is anything like mine (and I am guessing it is) maybe we shall forgo the popcorn.

Subbing!
Hi Java, nice to meetcha! Your right about the popcorn though, and even though it smells so good when you walk in, movie popcorn is the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Marking this thread! How did I get so lost? Mony had to point me over here!

Thanks, Mony!
Hi BackstageGal, nice to meetcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatLakes5 View Post
I believe that sort of thing is genetic as well....from Grand Rapids to Chi-town, our pit stop was historically Kzoo & then Gary....it was my lot in life. My daughter has now inherited this distinction, having learned the skill of chewing on the Imodium to make them go to work faster.

As for the dreaded truck roll-off declines...we do it with a fifth wheel trailer behind us. That's when I apply the "brake" I pretend is on my side of the vehicle and my husband stops speaking to me for an hour.

On bated breath waiting for the next installment....
Mother Superior, if I have to start chewing those dang things to make them work faster, I think that individual battle is probably lost by then. I see you like that decline on rt. 24 also. Diane has gotten a little bit better though recently. I no longer have to duct tape her and throw her in the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
Your welcome!
Hold it. You have a ticky in your siggy for a trip 18 months away? Why not just post a picture of an abacas and be done with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
OK, I protest!!!!! Not sure what, just that I cant find it it on the boards!

Why cant I find this ????????

Hopefully ths will mark my spot.

Thanks bunches to Mony for the link!!!!!!!!!1
Ok, what's going on here? Even Marita is double posting. That's four of us so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
Ride the pony! Mony Mony sent me here, and I'm loving it.
I knew who Ray Kroc was. He's a legend in CA too.
Can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Hi Wheat, nice to meet you too. But do you always do what Monymony says to do? She'll turn on you. Trust me, I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I adore the title of your report!!

Kathy
Kathy, I haven't seen you in a long time. Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbell View Post
lovin your trip report... and I know this is TMI, but I know how you feel when you cannot get to the rest stop fast enough..
I cannot wait to hear about your "Free Hot Continental Breakfast"... and of course your trip to the world.
What amazes me, is how many folks are interested in the HOT Continental Breakfast. No, I had never heard of it before either. Montana Disney Fan is pretty darn close though. We'll get to it.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #122
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Originally Posted by javamom
I'd post the popcorn smilie guy, but if your stomach is anything like mine (and I am guessing it is) maybe we shall forgo the popcorn.

Subbing!

Quote:
Hi Java, nice to meetcha! Your right about the popcorn though, and even though it smells so good when you walk in, movie popcorn is the worst.
OK, I have to mention here that Javamom is AWESOME! And sadly much missing from the boards lately.

She made mine and many other avatars!!

Hi Steph!

Quote:
Hi BackstageGal, nice to meetcha!
The pleasure is mine!

Last edited by Backstage_Gal; 01-08-2008 at 07:07 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #123
nebo
sharkbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismorgh View Post
But Diane, that's the best way to get you to agree to go again! You keep looking at the pic, and thinking of how wonderful it would be to be back in the World!
shhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismorgh View Post
Good idea putting the Poly pic on the PC!
shhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Nebo, Thanks for the Marshall Field's gift card! I always loved that store! Too bad they're out of business and I'll never get to use it! Next time, just give me a free front of the line pass for Mr. Toad's Wild ride!

Hmmm....afterther Reindeer reference, i hope it's not rasin bagels

Thanks for the update! I can't wait for more!!!
Oh, did Marshall Field's go out of business and see out to Macy? I'm so sorry, I didn't know. I do have some nice fastpasses for Horizon's though.
And I was starting to think that my reindeer slipped through the cracks. Nope, you caught that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Wow this TR is eventful already and you're still on the road
Don't worry DisneyJo, it will peter out. After a while most people just go to the last page to see if the butler did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraena View Post
Woohoo! I'm strange! .

(Psst, Nebo...food and wine festival, October, see you there?)
For the last 3 years, this is the time right now when I'm planning the Flower Power may trip. Now, even an Oct. trip seems like an impossibility. So sad, so sad.

Great update, by the way! Very amusing. I think I'll use 'and we're off' on our next trip. I wonder if the stewardesses would appreciate me yelling it though?
If you use that battle cry on a plane, don't be surprised if they make it come true! It works better in cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS10420 View Post
Just checking in to say Hello and that I love your trip reports, you are a very entertaining writer. I think I may have posted on your first report but I have been following along for all of them.
Hellos Kris, see the fun you've been missing?
One question though: You're trying to "Gaslight" me, aren't you? You know, where you try to make your spouse think they are losing their mind so they end up killing themselves? Let me paste in part of your signature here:Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
Now where have we heard that line before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bird View Post
I am subbing. Thanks UtahMama for showing me the way to Nebo!!
Ooh, that doesn't sound good, makes me feel like Jim Jones. Anybody ready for some Kool-aid?

We have quite a few false starts leaving our house as well...usually it'sDh's fault, what's with you men?
I don't doubt it one bit, since the guy is usually driving when you leave home and his mind is already on the road, and the woman is already wondering how long before she can slip that pillow out!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #124
nebo
sharkbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
hi, nebo! i was sent over here by the peeps on the DISappearing peeps thread. i keep hearing of these people named nebo and smidgy and i'm here to find out what the heck everyone's talking about!

that would be called monteagle. i live in georgia and my entire family is in nashville, hence lots of road trips over this stretch of interstate. i'm used to it now as long as i have my gum to help with the ear-popping. tell smidgy that if she can overcome her fear long enough to open her eyes while coming down the mountain and going towards chattanooga it's a GORGEOUS view! i don't know if it was daylight when you guys were going through there but it's really pretty.
Hi Punkin, I'm wondering, has anybody dissapeared yet? You are right though, that stretch is a gorgeous view, and I make a point to try and point out everything I can when I'm driving to Smidgy.
She just loves that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Disney Fan View Post
Buzz, yup. I wouldn't call it dumb though.

I actually joined in 1997 but they reset everyone in 1999 so I had to start over. I remember being really pissed about that also. I musta had an easy life if that bothered me.

I'll ride this sucker out to the end. Great start and thank you for sharing.
Sorry. From now on,,,,, MR. Buzz! Hey, I got my name from a mountain that Moses climbed and then croaked on! When did the Disboards come into existence then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvhockey View Post
Great start Nebo. With your eyes I can't believe you'd try driving at night. We no how well you do going into the rides/restaurants and all. Does the same thing happen when headlights hit? You just drive blind for 5 minutes or so?

Angela
Hey Blues lover, you are pretty much right. I'm not crazy about when I have to deal with headlights at night, but most of this trip now is on a divided highway, then it doesn't bother me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post

um, my grandson is 2 and another JUST conceived... can I BORROW your kids??? I promise to forgo DTD and PLEASURE ISLE(whatever)
if I can see my world (disney)through their eyes!!!
Good idea. Are they sending the kids Fed Ex?

Quote:
it double postedme too! sorry!
Quote:
.. um, my grandson is 2 and another JUST conceived... can I BORROW your kids??? I promise to forgo DTD and PLEASURE ISLE(whatever)
if I can see my world (disney)through their eyes!!!
Um, you might want to count those posts again one more time. Man, what's going on? I feel like I'm in the middle of Multiplicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy Belle View Post
Hi Nebo!

Well, I had no idea that you had such a huge following or a previous report. I feel honored that you responded to me! I REALLY do live in Qatar, I swear. Next to camel riding the Disboards are my favorite things. No, I hate riding camels, but I do see them often. We are Americans living here for a few years. DH is an Accountant for an oil company and I am the Queen of our villa and ruler over our children and pets.

Now I am off to read the report you have finished!

Katy
katy, isn't it amazing how many of them posting all share the same names? what are the odds of that? Nice to hear from you again. Remember, "Save a camel, ride a cowboy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJsMom View Post
Well, Mr, Know-It-All, if you don't know what ZZUB did to that bathroom in Canada (Epcot's version, that is), it's clear to me that you haven't kept up with your trip-report reading. All caught up in writing your own, now, are you?
Ohhh, THAT Canada! Ok, you got me, how could I have been such a fool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensara View Post
Nebo

I love your reports, my DH thinks I'm crazy because I just
laugh out loud
Well, maybe you are! I like that. Queensara. Do you make your DH call you that? Oh Smidgy, from now on, let's just go with the name KINGNEBO. Ok hon?
Old 01-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #125
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Hi Punkin, I'm wondering, has anybody dissapeared yet?
um......not unless you count the people we've ran off because we talk too darn much!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #126
KRIS10420
Mickey Mouse obsessed
I couldn't think of a better way to spend such a special occasion
He played along and actually had a good time

Quote:
Hellos Kris, see the fun you've been missing?
One question though: You're trying to "Gaslight" me, aren't you? You know, where you try to make your spouse think they are losing their mind so they end up killing themselves? Let me paste in part of your signature here:Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
Now where have we heard that line before?
Oh believe me I haven't been missing the fun, just quietly following along.
I guess great minds must think alike, however I've had the Suessism in my siggie since I signed up. It's my motto and I live by it. Looking forward to the next installment.
DH Me Kelso Bodie

2012 - november, Disneyland with a 1st timer friend
2009 - november, Disneyland solo
2006 - september, WDW-POP Resort with DH
2004 - november, Disneyland with DH & MIL
1997 - september, Disneyland - girlfriend roadtrip
1986 - april, Disneyland with family
Old 01-09-2008, 06:26 AM   #127
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
The new phone books are here! The new phone books are here!

Hold it. You have a ticky in your siggy for a trip 18 months away? Why not just post a picture of an abacas and be done with it?

Hi Wheat, nice to meet you too. But do you always do what Monymony says to do? She'll turn on you. Trust me, I know.

Two mentions in the same post??? Ya, I'm growing on you.

Last edited by monymony3471; 01-09-2008 at 06:27 AM. Reason: You need better glasses, it says ten months!
Old 01-09-2008, 08:16 AM   #128
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Great report so far. Sadly we didn't make out to see the decorations this year, hanging head, so I'll enjoy your account.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #129
castmemberb4
DIS Veteran

Originally Posted by castmemberb4
I got a PM I got PM!!! and I only posted once last TR!
Really? Only once? I take back my PM!

Dang Nebo your fans are so fast every time I want to make a comment I'm so far behind nobody cares anymore.
I care And We have Chicago Dogs down here, there's one next door to my office and I'm totally hooked.
So glad to see a new report I need something interesting to do at work tomorrow.
Lynn

My Chicago dog has mustard, relish, onions, pickle, and celery salt. And the fries are wrapped up with the dog. Ah, heaven.

Hey now don't be mean to your new fans just because your old fans are whining.
Our Chicago dogs have all that plus a couple slices of cucumber and tomato and one of those little peppers. yummy yummy yummy. How do you get fries in there though?
and why can't I figure out how to do the single line quote thing?
Old 01-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #130
McDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
Two mentions in the same post??? Ya, I'm growing on you.
(insert fungus reference here)
J/K

Last edited by McDisney; 01-09-2008 at 11:57 AM. Reason: fishy, we're ready for an update!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #131
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDisney View Post
(insert fungus reference here)
J/K
How much is he paying you?
Old 01-09-2008, 01:15 PM   #132
McKeeFamily3
Knee deep in snow

Hi nebo I’m still reading your last trippy but just found this one. Nice to be here from the sort of start… Our trips have always been during the holiday, we go between Thanksgiving and Christmas…it’s wonderful…going next time in January, will be interesting to see regular DW

Quote:
I am famous for tinkering with a trip, I just can't help it
This is 90% of the fun…tinkering=months of Disney fun

Quote:
Then I saw it, and sure enough, it did! This deer was by the side of the road, (which she saw and ergo, the scream), and then bolted right in front of me, which I saw.

I just swerved, wasn't even close, but it did get your attention though.

"Please, next time if you must scream, at least scream "DEER!" Ok, DEAR!?"
Ha ha! While driving home on the highway one night a deer jumped out in front of us … He swerved and almost hit a semi truck …yes I screamed…the funny thing though, is that for the rest of the drive home we were all so on edge, everything we saw looked like a deer getting ready to jump in front of us… I screamed at more mailboxes than I’d care to admit

Quote:
One thing nice about this drive this time, is that even though there is so little light, it was 21 degrees when we left this morning, and the further we drive, the warmer it gets.
This is one of my favorite parts of driving to DW! We start off in winter coats, mittens, scarves and hats..slowly start to peel the layers off as we drive south… by the end of the drive we’re in shorts and t-shirts…sux going back and getting colder and colder…

Quote:
After Nashville, comes the part Smidgy just hates.
It's an extremely steep decline of 6 percent , with runaway truck ramps on the sides, and a cloud of fear over Diane's head.
You don't touch the gas pedal for about 7 miles, and that's no bull.

Remember when she screamed earlier in the car?
Well, I thought of paying her back right now, oh BOY would it have worked! But I kept my mouth shut.
Who wants to be in Disneyworld by themselves?
Smart man

Quote:
I actually joined in 1997 but they reset everyone in 1999 so I had to start over. I remember being really pissed about that also. I musta had an easy life if that bothered me.
Me to MDF. This is precisely why I am McKeefamily3..I joined back in oh 98 I think and back then every time they upgraded the server I lost all of my stuff. I had to start over 3 times

Enjoying the trippy… so far so good …can’t wait to hear about free hotel food. ...
Old 01-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #133
castmemberb4
DIS Veteran

Nebo you passed within about 5 miles of my house I live in Disneydad99 land, Marietta which is north of Atlanta BTW.
Lynn
Old 01-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #134
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo;22480494

[COLOR="royalblue"
Oh, did Marshall Field's go out of business and see out to Macy? I'm so sorry, I didn't know. I do have some nice fastpasses for Horizon's though.[/COLOR]
And I was starting to think that my reindeer slipped through the cracks. Nope, you caught that too.
Nope, sorry, Horzons won't do, it HAS to be Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. and don't give me any of that the Pooh ride is on the same track pooh. It's just not remotely the same.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #135
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
um......not unless you count the people we've ran off because we talk too darn much!!!
What?!?!?! You mean there's people on the DIS who talk too much????

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: