Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #106
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

letters from the mailbag

It's at least 64 degrees outside right now, absolutely balmy for January in Chicagoland. Good day to sit in a bar.

Oh yeah, we can't smoke inside anymore. We are now Florida!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Disney Fan View Post
First of all; Great Title!! That lead me straight here!
The title is the hardest part. In two days this went from the present title to "Smidgy and the Tramp" to "Smidgy and the Beast" to "Fooling Nebo", and finally back to "HISTC"

Did your route take you thru Ft Wayne? I spend a lot time there also.

I'm not sure. My route on 65 takes me through, well, 65. And at 3 in the morning, all the towns pretty much look the same. How come so many towns are named after water towers, anyway?

I find turning on the heated seats helps me.

Heated seats? There is only one way this seat is able to be heated, and that's my biggest concern at this point.

MDF, thanks for joining in, that was a great post! Your join date shows you to be just about a founding member here on the Dis, and I can't believe I didn't find it until july of 06. I also remember reading some of your reports a while ago when I was still a lurker, and injoyed them a lot, don't you have a dumb nickname also? Buzz? Yeah, I remember reading you and thinking it must be ZZUB during his dyslexic phase! Well thanks for reading, hope you come around often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Oh. My. Heck.!!!!

Gastric problems have never been so funny!

After having my gall bladder removed 9 years ago Ihave to be careful of what I eat on road trips because I never know when "it" will hit.

Have you ever seen the movie 2 weeks notice? In one scend Sandra Bullock's character is stuck in a trafic jam and after eating a hog dog she has to go really bad, so she runs up to an rv that's sitting in front of her and asks to use their bathroom.................You reminded me of that scene!
I don't think there is anything more terrifying than to be stuck in that situation. So helpless, so helpless, I'd rather spend 12 hours with an Amway salesman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puggymom View Post
Yes, I do , my right foot is held together with titanium

:
Mo, that was a great post, I was laughing my butt off here at all your comments, unfortunately you can't get the whole exchange when you multi quote. Sounds like we share a titanium moment together. I've had a plate, 8 screws, and a dozen staples embedded into my foot, along with a piece of my hip, though that wasn't titanium. Most of the junk is out of there now, except for just a couple of broken screws that would be too much trouble to remove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJsMom View Post
Great. Now I know the bathroom habits of both you and ZZUB. Note to self, stay out of Canada (at least Epcot's version) AND the greater Chicago area.

I want to point out that I have removed my "masochistic" ticker and replaced it with a link to my trip report that I started this morning. Shameless plug - but you inspired me Nebo! Now if I could just figure out how to change my title to update date and chapter post...

Looking forward to the next update!
hi CJ, I'm gonna be a know-it -all here right now. First of all, I think you're confusing ZzUB with Happyhaunt, he's from Alabama I believe, she's from Canada. But they talk about each other a lot in they're reports so it's easy to mix them up. And Two: It seems folks appreciatate it when you update your title to include the last chapter entry and the date and page it's on.
Just go to the first page of your trip report, and hit "edit" at the bottom. When the screen changes, then hit "Advance Edit". Then you'll be able to change the title to include new info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by castmemberb4 View Post
I got a PM I got PM!!! and I only posted once last TR!
Really? Only once? I take back my PM!

Dang Nebo your fans are so fast every time I want to make a comment I'm so far behind nobody cares anymore.
I care And We have Chicago Dogs down here, there's one next door to my office and I'm totally hooked.
So glad to see a new report I need something interesting to do at work tomorrow.
Lynn
My Chicago dog has mustard, relish, onions, pickle, and celery salt. And the fries are wrapped up with the dog. Ah, heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elena05 View Post
I feel your pain. I had potty issues when traveling to Spain. Unfortunately I had the middle seat of five across and it was a night flight. It wasn't pretty. I too took many Immodium and didn't go until Christmas--and I was traveling during Spring Break
good one! Thar she blows!
Great chapter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
Posting like a rock star!

Posting like a rock star!

I just love looking like a uber posting freak.

Sorry Nebo, it triple quoted me there.
See? See? It's not just me. Although, ,,, hmm,,,, a triple post? yeah, right lady.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #107
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

hi, nebo! i was sent over here by the peeps on the DISappearing peeps thread. i keep hearing of these people named nebo and smidgy and i'm here to find out what the heck everyone's talking about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
After Nashville, comes the part Smidgy just hates.
It's an extremely steep decline of 6 percent , with runaway truck ramps on the sides, and a cloud of fear over Diane's head.
You don't touch the gas pedal for about 7 miles, and that's no bull.
that would be called monteagle. i live in georgia and my entire family is in nashville, hence lots of road trips over this stretch of interstate. i'm used to it now as long as i have my gum to help with the ear-popping. tell smidgy that if she can overcome her fear long enough to open her eyes while coming down the mountain and going towards chattanooga it's a GORGEOUS view! i don't know if it was daylight when you guys were going through there but it's really pretty.

Last edited by punkin413; 01-07-2008 at 04:55 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #108
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

it was doomed to happen.......the double post gremlin has decided to strike!

Last edited by punkin413; 01-07-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #109
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by castmemberb4
I got a PM I got PM!!! and I only posted once last TR!
I am not bitter, really! Nope, not me........

Great start, Nebo!

Oh, regarding the otters at POR, they live by the fishing hole. It gets stocked with fish, and the otters have heaven on earth there!!!

Last edited by Backstage_Gal; 01-07-2008 at 05:40 PM. Reason: I miss working at POR, sniff!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:17 PM   #110
Montana Disney Fan
GAT-Master Extraordinaire
A little off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo
MDF, thanks for joining in, that was a great post! Your join date shows you to be just about a founding member here on the Dis, and I can't believe I didn't find it until july of 06. I also remember reading some of your reports a while ago when I was still a lurker, and injoyed them a lot, don't you have a dumb nickname also? Buzz? Yeah, I remember reading you and thinking it must be ZZUB during his dyslexic phase! Well thanks for reading, hope you come around often!
Buzz, yup. I wouldn't call it dumb though.

I actually joined in 1997 but they reset everyone in 1999 so I had to start over. I remember being really pissed about that also. I musta had an easy life if that bothered me.

I'll ride this sucker out to the end. Great start and thank you for sharing.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:47 PM   #111
luvhockey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Oh, regarding the otters at POR, they live by the fishing hole. It gets stocked with fish, and the otters have heaven on earth there!!!
Yep, it was just before the bridge over to the island. So cute!!

Great start Nebo. With your eyes I can't believe you'd try driving at night. We no how well you do going into the rides/restaurants and all. Does the same thing happen when headlights hit? You just drive blind for 5 minutes or so?

Angela
Old 01-07-2008, 11:00 PM   #112
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Yeah, I've gotta get rid of that. And replace it with one equally as depressing..."20 months until Our Next Disney Adventure". That's IF my barely-Disney-tolerating DH agrees.
..psst. don't tell nebo... get HIM to think it's HIS idea! "oh honey, we just can't! "shhhh....no one tell now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
My DH and I are 50ish couple (well, I'm almost there), but with the worst timing! We're not empty nesters yet. We've got one in the 4th grade and one in the 6th.

:
um, my grandson is 2 and another JUST conceived... can I BORROW your kids??? I promise to forgo DTD and PLEASURE ISLE(whatever)
if I can see my world (disney)through their eyes!!!

Quote:
Don't worry, Nebo.....It doesn't bother me really that I didn't get the super dooper special invite to your party! Being ignored only encourages me!

winkers: you are cordially invited to join nebo and smidgy on any real and/or imaginary travails through WDW!!!! ... wow wouldn't that be SO COOL!!! ok, let's start ... first stop... AK>.. a visit to see DeVIne....ooops sorry honey... never mind
Old 01-07-2008, 11:03 PM   #113
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Yeah, I've gotta get rid of that. And replace it with one equally as depressing..."20 months until Our Next Disney Adventure". That's IF my barely-Disney-tolerating DH agrees.
..psst. don't tell nebo... get HIM to think it's HIS idea! "oh honey, we just can't! "shhhh....no one tell now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
My DH and I are 50ish couple (well, I'm almost there), but with the worst timing! We're not empty nesters yet. We've got one in the 4th grade and one in the 6th.

:
um, my grandson is 2 and another JUST conceived... can I BORROW your kids??? I promise to forgo DTD and PLEASURE ISLE(whatever)
if I can see my world (disney)through their eyes!!!

Quote:
Don't worry, Nebo.....It doesn't bother me really that I didn't get the super dooper special invite to your party! Being ignored only encourages me!

winkers: you are cordially invited to join nebo and smidgy on any real and/or imaginary travails through WDW!!!! ... wow wouldn't that be SO COOL!!! ok, let's start ... first stop... AK>.. a visit to see DeVIne....ooops sorry honey... never mind
Old 01-08-2008, 12:06 AM   #114
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Thank you Diane! I feel much better now, not so stalkerish!
Old 01-08-2008, 01:23 AM   #115
Katy Belle
DIS Veteran

Hi Nebo!

Well, I had no idea that you had such a huge following or a previous report. I feel honored that you responded to me! I REALLY do live in Qatar, I swear. Next to camel riding the Disboards are my favorite things. No, I hate riding camels, but I do see them often. We are Americans living here for a few years. DH is an Accountant for an oil company and I am the Queen of our villa and ruler over our children and pets.

Now I am off to read the report you have finished!

Katy
Old 01-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #116
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Quote:

See? See? It's not just me. Although, ,,, hmm,,,, a triple post? yeah, right lady.

We'd be on page 3 if it wasn't for all these multi postings!

And you thought you were popular!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:52 AM   #117
CJsMom

Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
hi CJ, I'm gonna be a know-it -all here right now. First of all, I think you're confusing ZzUB with Happyhaunt, he's from Alabama I believe, she's from Canada. But they talk about each other a lot in they're reports so it's easy to mix them up. And Two: It seems folks appreciatate it when you update your title to include the last chapter entry and the date and page it's on.
Just go to the first page of your trip report, and hit "edit" at the bottom. When the screen changes, then hit "Advance Edit". Then you'll be able to change the title to include new info.
Well, Mr, Know-It-All, if you don't know what ZZUB did to that bathroom in Canada (Epcot's version, that is), it's clear to me that you haven't kept up with your trip-report reading. All caught up in writing your own, now, are you?

Last edited by CJsMom; 01-08-2008 at 09:53 AM. Reason: been dying to use that snooty smilie
Old 01-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #118
queensara
Mouseketeer

Nebo

I love your reports, my DH thinks I'm crazy because I just
laugh out loud
Old 01-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #119
puggymom
Mouseketeer
The Tag Fairy wants give hugs to my pugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Disney Fan View Post
Buzz, yup. I wouldn't call it dumb though.

I actually joined in 1997 but they reset everyone in 1999 so I had to start over. I remember being really pissed about that also. I musta had an easy life if that bothered me.

I'll ride this sucker out to the end. Great start and thank you for sharing.

OK Buzz, everywhere I go on the Dis, there you are buzzing around, how is it you only have 3000 posts since 1999?????
Old 01-08-2008, 06:12 PM   #120
tiggerwannabe
Optimistic Realist~

Photographer Extraordinaire~

Disney is my Therapy~

Nebo is laughoutloud worthy

I am enjoying my last week "off."

I sign up for college classes next week

Enjoying my bloody mary, all caught up on my favs now...

You may proceed~

Please...

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: