Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2008, 06:18 PM   #751
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Thanks for another great update, Nebo. I'm glad you got to see Devine, even if not reallu on the Dec. trip. I'm like you...I forget to actually look for her While we're in the park, and remember again as soon as we get back to the room.

Sorry to hear about the reptile Dysfunction...although I hate snakes, so I always try to avoid the guy with the snake.

Can't wait for t he next installment!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #752
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Right there with you on the creepy doll thing. If you go in the correct elevator on Tower of Terror, there's a ventriloquist's dummy sitting in the luggage area when you come down. Scariest part of the ride, in my book. And when I was a librarian in the public library, this one old lady kept asking me to go back to her house with her to see her antique doll collection. Not on a dare!
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2008, 12:24 AM   #753
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
I almost forgot...

[It's Howdy Doody Time.
It's Howdy Doody Time.
can you come over to my house and sing that? about 1 AM? (our sons like to join in the fun. one son once set up howdy with a knife taped to his arm, and the other son once set Howdy up on Nebo's toilet!) I guess I raised our sons well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
I just got back on the boards after a long hard year. Wanted to say hi.. and thanks for still making me laugh. You are both terrific.
Bee
wow! welcome back belinda!! glad to hear you are doing well. join in the fun and banter!

OMIGOD! nebo still cracks me up!!!!! anyway, just want to say what GREAT fun we had with the Ohioians(?!?) and, yes Jill, John and Kim,saying goodbye was hard. but it is NEVER Goodbye. cause if we can't make a Cedar point meet, I KNOW you guys will visit us when we move to Florida!!! ( I felt like I knew Jill my whole life!)

and... all you people that are down on my howdy..... we KNOW who you are!

and all you people going to the flower and garden festival... and booking free dining right now.....a thousand POXES on you!!!!! just kidding.. have fun. no, melinda, we can't book POR, just in case. (don't tempt me) have to work and save up to LIVE there!!! (and we WILL all go see the Fairy Princess together!!)
Old 04-21-2008, 12:59 AM   #754
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
can you come over to my house and sing that? about 1 AM? (our sons like to join in the fun. one son once set up howdy with a knife taped to his arm, and the other son once set Howdy up on Nebo's toilet!) I guess I raised our sons well

and all you people going to the flower and garden festival... and booking free dining right now.....a thousand POXES on you!!!!!
I love what your son's did with howdy!

I'm heading down for the f&g festival next week!
I'll have pictures on my report......
Old 04-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #755
bigbrian-nc.com
Mousin it Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Ok, I just editted the first page. Good ol Ray was the founder of McDonalds. I noticed though that nobody had a problem knowing Hugh Hefner, though. Geesh!
I'm curious now. If I was to mention Ray Raynor, Bozo's Circus or Garfiels Goose, would anybody know them? Or is that just a local thing too?

Actually Bozo went national

:sing: Bo-zo Bo-zo always laughs, never frowns, Bo-zo Bo-zo Bo-O-Zo the clown!

but then again I knew who that Roy Croc fella was too, but who was this Walt guy whom you mentioned was born in Chicago (JUST KIDDING!! don't excomunicate me from Disney fandom!)

Postcards, Podcasts, and Trip Reports...
Mousin' It Up! since 1997

http://www.bigbrian-nc.com/pctoc.htm

Old 04-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #756
bigbrian-nc.com
Mousin it Up!

Quote:
Like this picture you're about to see. We came into World Showcase from the Mexico end, and just enjoyed looking at all the sights , when one of the sights was this.

I never even knew there was a bridge there, much less one that opened up like it did. I guess they did this for the special fireworks that night?

The strange thing was, this happened again later on this trip. But never once had it ever happened before!

Oh well, Disney is just full of surprises!

good night all, hugs

I've seen this bridge a few times over the years, My favorite story about it isn't mine though it's one i heard form sombody on one of the many boards/groups i've read over the years, when their familly came upon the drawbridge up just as they were passing the China pavilion they came to a stop along with everyone else, after standing there a while there son (or daughter, I forget) looked up and asked "how much longer are we going to stand here looking at the great wall of China?"

here's a photo of it taken from another angle from accross the water from over by Morocco, and it shows a couple of the group of barges that come through that entry to the World Showcase Lagoon.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #757
bigbrian-nc.com
Mousin it Up!

Quote:
Something else I noticed recently. In december and february, almost no lizards running around. I saw one at CS, one at a rental community, and one at the motel in Kissimmee, never saw a single one at the All Stars.
This may sound trivial to you, but I remember it being a major highlight to my kids when we were there in June, long ago.

Ok, ok, I like lizards (anoles) too.
The lizards (or perhaps it's an anole I don't anknowe) are still there in December here's one sunning itself first thing in the morning over at the Rock N' Roller Coaster last Dec.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:03 AM   #758
longneckthree
Mouseketeer

Sorry I haven't been on.
We went to my grandma's house and I couldn't use her computer!

Quote:
I turned away with a small smile on my face, when a woman on the end of the bench spoke up.

"You do know he doesn't understand a word you were saying?"

I turned around, my eyes open wide, having a hard time even understanding her accent.

"This is my father, he has never been to America and doesn't speak any English."

Sigh

Sometimes you're the joke, other times you're the punchline!

Our car was a bit away, but Diane found one of those rare two wheel carts that converts to a flat dolly so we loaded up and said our goodbye's to Music.

I couldn't wait! I was sorry to say goodbye to Jill and John and Kim but I was already thinking that maybe I'll give them a call later on to see if we can meet up again.

Helloooo, French Quarter!

Ok, let's check the memories again. Remember in the beginning of the report we had 5 days at Music, and 4 at FQ? AND,,,, how I hated them being Unequal? AND,,, how I just might try to "add" an extra day on when we get there, knowing it would be just about impossible to do this, especially since FQ books up faster then any of the resorts?

Usually, our check in procedure has Diane going in first, me parking, having a smoke in the car, then going in to meet her. Unlike dealerships and auto repair shops where women get taken advantage of, women seem to score the better rooms then if they have an ugly looking dude standing next to them.

Usually.

This time I went in with her. For one thing it really didn't matter where we stayed, since there aren't any smoking rooms anyway.
Facing a garden would be nice, facing a lighted walkway is good, facing the river would be hunky dory too.

We had a guy behind the counter, a VERY friendly guy. He assigned us a room in building 4 (perfect), 2nd floor (perfect), facing a garden in between the river and the lighted walkway. (perfect).

"Is there, um, possibly, um, " I faltered, "anychanceofaddinganextranight?"

Luckily he is fluent in speaking "words without spaces between them".

"Boy, I doubt it, but I can check, hold on....."

"Ok, done, and you won't have to check out and check back in, I just made a continuing reservation."

We were in the building opposite you!

Or it's a Pigment of my Imagination.

That's a good one!

Thank you, thank you. Please hold your applause.

SEE? These are the things that a Disney Newbie would never learn for YEARS!

So as we are sitting on the bench staring at the water, I hear a small voice to my left. "Nebo?"

We both look and Diane jumps up and says "Hi, you must be Emily."
We talked for a little bit, she's a bit shy, but going to be a real boy killer as she gets older. I sat back down on the bench so I wouldn't tower over her, when I started noticing a strange phenomenom taking place.

It was getting darker, only not everywhere, just by this bench. Kind of like a slow eclipse taking place. When I looked up to see the meteor that was blocking out the sun, I saw that it wasn't a meteor after all, but a man.

A VERY large man at that. He had the full beard and moustache, if I had to say whom he reminded me of I just might say Hagrid, and he stood looking down at me wondering why this jerk is talking to his daughter.

VERY good description, exept he's the one who usally talks to everyone he sees.

Thankfully Emily's mom was there also, and she quickly introduced us to them. Good thing too, I would have hated to have to take out this guys kneecap with a left jab.

Glad you didn't, he's a black belt in karate.

Aparently Emily's mom is also a lurker here, and she was happy to meet us.

We were extatic!

You have no idea how glad I was though that Diane was there with me, it looked much better that way. After chatting for a bit, we all had to go on our separate ways.

Hey, Emily's dad, you know I was just kidding about that Hagrid remark, right?

RIGHT?

Actually it was really cool, we love meeting people we talk to on the disboards, especially ones that contribute as much as Emily does.
Thanks!

me DH
DD20 DD17 DD14 DD12
DDog 5 DDog 10

2007-2011 POFQ,POR,CB,CS,BWI
BVC / THV 2012 DVC Now!
AOA 2013
AKL 2013

AKL / The Darkside 2015
Old 04-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #759
longneckthree
Mouseketeer

You saw Devine?!!!

Congrats!

me DH
DD20 DD17 DD14 DD12
DDog 5 DDog 10

BVC / THV 2012 DVC Now!
AOA 2013
AKL 2013

AKL / The Darkside 2015

Last edited by longneckthree; 04-22-2008 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Sorry Diane, Howdy Doody is creepy!
Old 04-22-2008, 11:06 PM   #760
smidgy
dimples

even sweet little emily thinks Howdy is creepy; hhmmm.

that's any creepier than Devine? who SLINKS along, saying narry a word? with that blank look on her face? Methinks Nebo has been avoiding her for a reason!

welcome back, all you 3 long necks! (and Hagrid too)
Old 04-24-2008, 08:00 AM   #761
longneckthree
Mouseketeer

Quote:
welcome back, all you 3 long necks! (and Hagrid too)
Thanks!

me DH
DD20 DD17 DD14 DD12
DDog 5 DDog 10

BVC / THV 2012 DVC Now!
AOA 2013
AKL 2013

AKL / The Darkside 2015
Old 04-24-2008, 10:32 AM   #762
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
God, I hope it's Diane that's moving it back.
I hope so too!

Quote:
She said "Hey, they're just going to throw them out anyway."
Very funny Smidgy

Quote:
Diane saw me.
"What are you reading?"

"Gnues"
"You're reading the news?"
"Yes."

She glanced at the sign, the sign said wildebeast, "Those are animals"
"Yes, gnues."
"Oh."

"Animals are news?"
"No, gnues are animals."

"Oh."

And I told her that they can run up to forty miles an hour.
"So, gnues travel fast?"

"Yes."

Also that when provoked and angry, they will sometimes charge a jeep.
"You're telling me that there are good gnues and bad gnues?"

"Yes."

The tour guide directed us to the left side of the truck then.

I asked her, "What's over there?"

"Just some a big cat sprawled out in the grass."

"Oh, a lyin' lion?"

"Yes."

At the end of our trip, I mentioned to her that we never did see a gnu.

"After what you told me about them," she said, "It sounds like no gnues is good gnues."

"Yes."

This was pee in my pants funny to me! I am beginning to wonder if Diane is the funny one and you are the straight man! It sounds like a conversation DH and I would have and it just cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh!

Missy in MN
Old 04-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #763
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That reminds me; One time when we left Perry Georgia in the morning and were heading down rt. 75, just as the sun was comiing up over the trees I let loose with a top of the lungs version of the beginning of the Lion King song.
"BAAS, RENYA!.."

Scared the crap out of Smidgy.

Huh, and I always sing "Ty Tapenya"...
Old 04-24-2008, 03:49 PM   #764
Maraena
Mouseketeer

I have to agree with Nebo about the Howdy Doody doll. He does sort of have that axe-murdering Chuckie look about him.

My childhood bedroom also had quite a collection of dolls. Evidently the various members of my family decided to immerse me in feminine toys with the hope that I'd stop being such a rough and rowdy tomboy. Since they were all gifts from various family members, I wasn't allowed to give them away. They always sat in certain spots around my room, but were never toys of choice for actual play. Each night before I went to bed, I always turned them around to face the wall or door. I just couldn't handle them looking at me.

Each morning my dad would come in and turn them back around. (At the time, I was a very early riser and was probably out eating my cereal and watching cartoons when he did it.) It always freaked me out when I'd come into my room to change and they all be facing out again.

I definitely can commiserate, Nebo. Dolls are freaky things.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:02 PM   #765
jluvsdis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
OMIGOD! nebo still cracks me up!!!!! anyway, just want to say what GREAT fun we had with the Ohioians(?!?) and, yes Jill, John and Kim,saying goodbye was hard. but it is NEVER Goodbye. cause if we can't make a Cedar point meet, I KNOW you guys will visit us when we move to Florida!!! ( I felt like I knew Jill my whole life!)
Diane, I couldn't agree with you more. There will be a next time it's just the when and where that we don't know yet. I've actually even been giving some thought to driving to Chi town, maybe for a long weekend if we can work it out.

Miss you.

Jill

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: