Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #31
RHONDALEE
Sure, you can laugh. You weren't there

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
I am famous for tinkering with a trip, I just can't help it

I think Diane and I should compare notes. Jaime also tinkers with a trip, fills out an itinary and that itinary gets changed a couple dozen times before we go.

Isn't Disney BEAUTIFUL during the Holidays?????? I've been there a few times but as long as I have my part time job with Walgreens I can't go because the manager doesn't let anyone take any vacation time in Nov. or Dec. Now that I think about it that's only 1 more Christmas - this year's - because for Christmas 2009 we will be living down there and hopefully working for the Mouse himself.

woo hoo another Nebo trip report to read
Old 01-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #32
Maraena
Mouseketeer

Tada! I am here! Thanks for the heads-up Nebo. I'd read this briefly but my head cold has seemingly metamorphasized into a stomach virus. I'm feeling pretty puny so I keep popping on and off the Dis while I try to figure out which orifice needs the most attention at the time. Ok, that might've been TMI...even for me.

Ah well, I don't get sick all that often now that I don't work in a classroom. I guess it's time for to pay the piper for the past couple of years that have been, predominantly, illness free.

Love the start of this report! Don't tell me that you two added another day on and I didn't get to come crash the party?! Durn it, I knew I should've PM'd my cell just in case you stayed another day.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #33
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

[quote=RHONDALEE;22391371]
Quote:

I think Diane and I should compare notes. Jaime also tinkers with a trip, fills out an itinary and that itinary gets changed a couple dozen times before we go.

Like I just said on the phone - Shut Up!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #34
Disney 4-ever
Earning My Ears

PM, how come I did not get one?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:12 PM   #35
Lock
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the link! Can't wait to hear about Christmas at Disney and of course what kind of trouble you got into this time.

Happy New Year!
Mike
Nov 2006 - Polynesian
Nov 2007 - GF - sneaking in a quick 10yr anniv trip
Looking forward to next trip - Dec 2008
Old 01-03-2008, 09:19 PM   #36
kath1210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Kathy we just missed you too. I'm curious to know what the crowd level was like when you were there.
Crowds, what crowds? I was so enthralled by the lights and decorations that I did not even notice any crowds. Well, except for all of those people who were in my way when I was trying to shop after MVMCP, and those people who kept jumping in front of my friend's wheelchair, and the waves of people in DTD....

Seriously, it was just like they say - not too bad on the 18th, but progressively worse as the Christmas holidays came closer. We went to Epcot on our first day, and Soarin' was about a 40-50 minute wait. Not too horrible. Nemo and Turtle Talk were walk-on, as were most of the other rides/attractions, except for Test Drive and MS.

We went to MVMCP on the 20th and most rides were only 5-10 minutes' wait. and it really did not seem too crowded, either.

On Saturday the 22nd, we went to DTD and it was pretty hard to walk or shop there, but we made it through somehow .

BTW, I know who Ray Croc is, but I grew up in Michigan and worked at McD's for 4 years while I was in high school.

:cat :

Last edited by kath1210; 01-03-2008 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Hey - why didn't I get a PM?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:59 PM   #37
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
And, WOW! The Sequel.
It took less than 2 hours for OhMari to see the new one, and make the last trip report walk the green mile and send it to the archives. I never even got a chance for "poster recognition night" or last call outs. If anybody didn't finish it and still wants to, I think you can just click on the link in my siggy to be sent there, but I don't think you will be able to post anything.
I'll bring it back for a few weeks, sorry.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:59 PM   #38
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

Yay! I'm in... carry on...

Upcoming California and Disneyland Pre-Trip!
"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Old 01-04-2008, 01:00 AM   #39
PKWallaby
DIS Veteran

Sheesh...I go off the boards for a few months and Nebo goes to WDW 3 times in one year and loses his job!! Sorry about the latter, but not as much as I would be if you had cancelled those trips!

Can't wait to read more. You are ever so entertaining...

Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow...
Old 01-04-2008, 01:27 AM   #40
Maraena
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Wow, guess I blew it huh?
Sometmes you don't realize how "local" a subject or person may be.
I thought Ray Kroc was as well known as a Bill Gates, but I guess that's just because we're from the same area. Ok, I just editted the first page. Good ol Ray was the founder of McDonalds. I noticed though that nobody had a problem knowing Hugh Hefner, though. Geesh!
I'm curious now. If I was to mention Ray Raynor, Bozo's Circus or Garfiels Goose, would anybody know them? Or is that just a local thing too?
Well it's nice to see you folks willing to see if there's any gas left in the tank. I'm planning on posting chapters more often and not dragging this one out as long. For one thing there won't be any more "vacation interruptions" this time.
Heh, I asked my DFi who Ray Kroc was as soon as I read it. I said something about it sounding really familiar. Evidently I'm horribly misinformed and I should never again leave the house. He couldn't believe I didn't know who the founder of McDonalds was either. It was actually pretty disturbing how he could spout off all the information on both Ray Kroc and the founding of McDonalds. My eyes glazed over and he finally released me from the horrid lecture when he realized that I wasn't listening to his spiel on annual profits, costs, etc. Yeah, he needs to lay off the accounting. What a nutter!

I was afraid to ask about the others - namely Ray Raynor and Garfiels Goose. I'll google them later! I do, however, remember Bozo's Circus very fondly. It used to be on WGN when we got cable and I absolutely loved the show. In fact, I practiced for that ball tossing thing so I could win prizes just in case we ever went to the show. We never did. My childhood dreams of winning the big prizes were crushed. Woe is me.

Speaking of drama! Wow, you're a thespian and I didn't know it!

Quote:
And, WOW! The Sequel.
It took less than 2 hours for OhMari to see the new one, and make the last trip report walk the green mile and send it to the archives. I never even got a chance for "poster recognition night" or last call outs. If anybody didn't finish it and still wants to, I think you can just click on the link in my siggy to be sent there, but I don't think you will be able to post anything.
That is definitely an Oscar winning dramatic acting job there! Wooowhee, it's no wonder you got to go to Disney three times in one year. Look at that masterful guilt trip you laid on poor OhMari. That is definitely a work of art.

By the way, my stomach thing seems to have passed. I managed to take a nice nap and that always seems to help. Of course, when I got back up (around 11:30 PM) I was absolutely starving. I managed to talk myself into eating some crackers but it tasted nothing like what I was craving. I tried some soup and that just wasn't quite right either. I finally broke down and just fed the craving. That was the best buttered popcorn ever!
Old 01-04-2008, 06:14 AM   #41
debsters41
DIS Veteran

I am so glad to have finally come on board! I can't stop laughing with the ingenious title! Here's wishing for a happy, healthy 2008 for Nebo, Smidgy and family!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:23 AM   #42
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Thanks for the pm. Some of us are a little slow......or busy with a sick kid in and out of the ER!

I'm here. The party can start! I'd like a sunny D please, Nebo style!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #43
dismorgh
There are a few of us lazy good-for-nothing men that could possibly, on a good day... blah blah blah
computer problem, or hitting the wine early?

Hey Nebo, I'm here at last! Let's get the party going, and get on with the story! Great start, but it's already been 2 days since an update!

Walt Disney World Since 1975 - Many Day Trips
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground - July 2007
SSR - Mar 16-19 & July 22-Aug 5 2008

Old 01-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #44
snowbell
DIS Veteran

I am on board... I cannot wait to hear about your trip!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:56 AM   #45
whogirl'smom
Any leftover grumpiness can be taken care of by a little wine
Like a box of Cheez-its, I couldn't put it down

Wait...puff, puff...(insert jogging smilie here)...the bus left without me..huff, huff...(insert asthma inhaler smilie here), but I'm HERE!! Can't do this morning b/c the water line froze up in the mud room--8 degrees here last night--so more Dis'ing time!

"The starving plan"--I love it! And you have to drag this report out all year, till we get our December plan made, okay? Because you know how mean those people can be on the resorts board, so I'll need all your advice.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: