Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2008, 09:36 PM   #16
luvhockey
Mouseketeer

Nebo---smidgy

I haven't been on in awhile and got here tonight just at the right time to finish up the last report and get in on the ground floor of the next.

I couldn't bear to get on for awhile, going through the disney depression and all. Then had to get all the Christmas stuff done... We were at POR 11/23-12/2. I LOVED Riverside and have to say that I don't know that I even want to try another resort. Kinda if it isn't broke don't fix it thing. But I guess it would be hard to turn down $48 a night.

So I'm back to check in and see what I missed seeing of the holiday decorations. Post pictures please!!!

Since you've frequented POR have you seen this guy? DH & I saw him on 2 different nights (dusk) while walking and taking a break from the kids. He was on the walkway in AB just before the bridge to Ol' Man Island. Came up the bank from the river, crossed the walkway and had a little trail going into the lush vegatation.

OH, I almost forgot, our first time DW (except when I was a kid over 30 yrs ago) and who do I see but
Yep DeVine. I got about 10 pictures. She's gorgeous.

Looking forward to more.
Angela
Old 01-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #17
kath1210
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I'm here!

Great start, Nebo!!

My DD14 and I were there from 12-18 to 12-23 and had a great trip! I thought of you when we visited the Wilderness Lodge - they had t-shirts in the Mercantile that said "Fishy, Fishy" on them!

:cat :
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2008, 02:42 PM   #18
longneckthree
Mouseketeer

I'm here!!!!
I found it!
I found it!

O.K. so i clicked the link thingy, but i'm here!

Emily

Mom 42 Dad 44 Me 13
DSister 10 DSister 8 DSister 5
DDog 11 DPuppy 3
Old 01-03-2008, 02:58 PM   #19
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Wow, guess I blew it huh?
Sometmes you don't realize how "local" a subject or person may be.
I thought Ray Kroc was as well known as a Bill Gates, but I guess that's just because we're from the same area. Ok, I just editted the first page. Good ol Ray was the founder of McDonalds. I noticed though that nobody had a problem knowing Hugh Hefner, though. Geesh!
I'm curious now. If I was to mention Ray Raynor, Bozo's Circus or Garfiels Goose, would anybody know them? Or is that just a local thing too?
Well it's nice to see you folks willing to see if there's any gas left in the tank. I'm planning on posting chapters more often and not dragging this one out as long. For one thing there won't be any more "vacation interruptions" this time.

And, WOW! The Sequel.
It took less than 2 hours for OhMari to see the new one, and make the last trip report walk the green mile and send it to the archives. I never even got a chance for "poster recognition night" or last call outs. If anybody didn't finish it and still wants to, I think you can just click on the link in my siggy to be sent there, but I don't think you will be able to post anything.

So, shall we start with our first batch of call outs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Wow Nebo! I can't believe I'm the first one here!!! I'm hooked already! I can't wait to read more! There is nothing better than Disney at Christmas time, and I'm sure it will be even better Nebostyle!
Piglet's Mommy is the winner, she beat Winkers by 3 minutes, congratulations!, the Marshall Field's gift card is in the mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Aha! I found you! Now I have to go back and read!
Oh, so close Cheri. And cheating didn't help either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
No, I am not trying to shamelessly up my post count! My freakin computer is going crazy!..............Now that's out of my system

Who is Ray Kroc?
Yeah, yeah, I get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatLakes5 View Post
You had me at the founder of Mc Donald's.....throw in a Chicago Dog for Portillo's & I'm in for the duration.....
Thank you, thank you, than..... uh oh, Great Lakes area, huh? Hmm, probably too close to us to count. Nice to have you aboard GL, don't think I've seen you before. Believe it or not, we don't have a Portillo's anywhere near us, have to drive at least twenty miles to get to one. but we're excited cuz they are opening a Lou Malnotti's pizza in the next town over, the best stuffed pizza in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Who

Ok, ok, I get it, honest.

I found the TR, even though you didn't put a link in your old one. You were trying to avoid me weren't ya! What, do you think I am stalker or something

Seriously, looking forward to hearing about DIsney at Christmas!
Janet, you would think that these trips would all blend together after a while, but this time seemed, and felt, completely different from all the rest. And it wasn't just from the decorations. I'll try to explain better later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heluvsme View Post
Oh good!! I love your reports!
Hi, welcome aboard, your name looks familiar and we hope you become a regular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzzandwoody View Post
I am here Oh, Fearless Leader!

good ol LBAW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmelinda View Post
WHAT?????

I'm not done with the other one.....dangit!

I'm behindish.....I'm sorry!

But I'm in for this one too!

Hello, Lexmelinda, nice to meet you!
Ok, ok, I'm just teasin. You know I was thinking of you the other day. I can't imagine how hard it must be to have a great love for Disney, and not have it shared with your mate. And not knowing when you'll be able to go back there. If it's any consolation, as for the latter part, we're in the same boat now, too. Please, say hi to Mimi for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgcountry View Post
I'm here, wouldn't miss it for the World.

Oh wait, I will miss part of it, we leave for the World on the 11th.

Oh well, it's only a 5 day trip for us this time, and I can and will catch up again.

Yippee! A new Nebo TR and and a trip. What a combo.
Welcome back Virginia, hope the weather warms up down there for you, last night it got down to 30 in Orlando I believe. By the way, where are you staying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvhockey View Post
I haven't been on in awhile and got here tonight just at the right time to finish up the last report and get in on the ground floor of the next.

I couldn't bear to get on for awhile, going through the disney depression and all. Then had to get all the Christmas stuff done... We were at POR 11/23-12/2. I LOVED Riverside and have to say that I don't know that I even want to try another resort. Kinda if it isn't broke don't fix it thing. But I guess it would be hard to turn down $48 a night.

Since you've frequented POR have you seen this guy? DH & I saw him on 2 different nights (dusk) while walking and taking a break from the kids. He was on the walkway in AB just before the bridge to Ol' Man Island. Came up the bank from the river, crossed the walkway and had a little trail going into the lush vegatation.

OH, I almost forgot, our first time DW (except when I was a kid over 30 yrs ago) and who do I see but
Yep DeVine. I got about 10 pictures. She's gorgeous.

Looking forward to more.
Angela
Hi Angela, glad to hear you love Riverside so much. We've stayed twice now in Alligator Bayou, and once in the mansion section and to be honest, we prefer the mansion section better. It just looks "richer" and I like the quiet pools better there.
No, we never did see that critter when we were there, what is it anyway? Looks like a small otter.
And I am just SO HAPPY you got to see Devine. Notice what I did to the picture when I highlighted your post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath1210 View Post
I'm here! I'm here!

Great start, Nebo!!

My DD14 and I were there from 12-18 to 12-23 and had a great trip! I thought of you when we visited the Wilderness Lodge - they had t-shirts in the Mercantile that said "Fishy, Fishy" on them!
Kathy we just missed you too. I'm curious to know what the crowd level was like when you were there.

thanks to all of you for checking in, coming up we'll be talking about the almost midnight drive, and how things can go wrong right from the get-go.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:01 PM   #20
nebo
sharkbait

whoops! No wonder it took so long for that post to go through. First time I ever got a double post sent.

Last edited by nebo; 01-03-2008 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Disboards are playing "Fooling Nebo"
Old 01-03-2008, 05:48 PM   #21
Goofyfan1
Every man has to believe in something....... I believe I'll have another beer!

WoW a double post
Old 01-03-2008, 05:50 PM   #22
Disney 4-ever
Earning My Ears

I was really excited, thought I was gonna read two new posts and realized the 2nd was the same as the first. Kind of like same song, second verse, tee-hee.

Last edited by Disney 4-ever; 01-03-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #23
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

I'm in!!!!
No Fair you starting this while I'm gone so I couldn't be first and get that prize!!!!!

But I'm so glad you started this. I can't wait to read it. By the way Galveston was GREAT!!! We went ice skating and yep I took Braeton. You should've seen the looks on peoples faces as they watched me push and drag him @ the rink and then 1 lady watched as as I took Braeton off and whem I place him in his wheel chair her jaw almost hit the ground. I thought Oh I wish I had Nebos way with words. Cause what i would've gave for a nice sweet remark!!!!

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:36 PM   #24
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

I'm on board too!

I can't wait to hear about this trip because I am planning on going next December for a week or so.

Now I know that you are confused because I already have 2 '08 trips in my siggie, but what the h**k, I might as well see how many trips I can do in one calendar year!

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:50 PM   #25
KimAshton
DIS Veteran

I am here. Love your TR.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #26
nebo
sharkbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyfan1 View Post
WoW a double post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney 4-ever View Post
I was really excited, thought I was gonna read to new posts and realized the 2nd was the same as the first. Kind of like same song, second verse, tee-hee.
That's the first time that ever happened to me. I WONDERED why it was taking so long to go through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee2U View Post
I'm in!!!!
No Fair you starting this while I'm gone so I couldn't be first and get that prize!!!!!

But I'm so glad you started this. I can't wait to read it. By the way Galveston was GREAT!!! We went ice skating and yep I took Braeton. You should've seen the looks on peoples faces as they watched me push and drag him @ the rink and then 1 lady watched as as I took Braeton off and whem I place him in his wheel chair her jaw almost hit the ground. I thought Oh I wish I had Nebos way with words. Cause what i would've gave for a nice sweet remark!!!!
Leah, you're right, wish I could have seen that. That's when you walk past, glance in her direction and say, "Tomorrow, we go skydiving!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
I'm on board too!

I can't wait to hear about this trip because I am planning on going next December for a week or so.

Now I know that you are confused because I already have 2 '08 trips in my siggie, but what the h**k, I might as well see how many trips I can do in one calendar year!
Now you got it! You get the deals now, book the trip, and you can always cancel, right? Right?
Old 01-03-2008, 07:03 PM   #27
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

I am here. PROCEED.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:11 PM   #28
luvhockey
Mouseketeer

Yep, it's an otter. And trust me it wasn't small. From it's front feet to the end of it's tail was probably 2 feet. Stretched out from nose to tail at least
2 1/2feet.

We walked over to the mansion side and I like the bayou section better for the exact reason you stated. The mansions are richer and don't seem to fit us well. I'm afraid our boys would damage the lawns! And no pool is quiet after 9yo and 6yo boys arrive!

And no, I can't figure out what you did to DeVine when you highlighted the post other than left her out.

Can't wait to hear more. Now I have a better understanding of where things are and what you're talking about since going.
Angela
Old 01-03-2008, 07:12 PM   #29
puggymom
Mouseketeer
The Tag Fairy wants give hugs to my pugs!

I'm here, did I have a choice after your PM
Old 01-03-2008, 07:15 PM   #30
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

For some reason I assumed the founder of McDonalds name was Ronald McDonald. Ray Crok? Just doesn't make sense.

Just cause I'm a stalker, I didn't get a pm?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: