Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2008, 05:01 PM   #1
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Minnie and Mickey's annual Getaway to Disney! This year Beach Club with DVC!

So here we go again. We recently got back from a last minute trip for a long weekend at WDW, and now we are getting ready for our week long extrvaganza to the Beach Club Villas with our DVC membership!

Here are the details:
9/11/2008 Leave Cleveland and head to Orlando via Continental Airlines!
We will be using Magical Express to get to the beach club where we will be staying in a Studio for six nights!

The Cast:
Minnie: thats me. I am a 26 year old disney fanatic. I am also the planner, I try and get the best restaurants and plan the perfect days at the parks. This year hoever will be a little bit different due to the fact of the DVC membership and the annual passes we have deteremned that we can take our time and do things that we haven't done.

Mickey: thats my DF. Hes 21 and also a disney fanatic!

Mickey loves the Magic Kingdom and Splash Mountain. It is always the first ride we go on when we get there and we ususally ride it several times during the trip. I am however a Epcot and a Figment fanatic. We ride Fig's ride as many times as possible and I try to purchase everything that comes out from shirts to pins.

Now I am sure people are wondering why we pick Sept 11 to go on vacation, well there is a history with that date for me, my grandmother died on sept 10, 2001 and we all know what happened on sept 11 so its my way of getting away from the stress of the two days. I don't have to watch the news and re-live those horrible two days.

Stay tuned, there are more details and pics to come!
Old 07-29-2008, 08:03 PM   #2
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Here is what we have for dining thus far..these will probably change shortly due to the fact we booked these when we were staying at CR, before we bought into DVC.

Sept 11- California Grille 8:30p.m.
Sept 12- LeCellier 5:45p.m
Sept 13- 1900 Park Fare 9:10am
Sept 13- Chef Mickey's 5:20p.m.
Sept 14- Cape May Cafe 9:05 a.m.
Sept 14- 1900 Park Fare 5:00 p.m.
Sept 15- Chef Mickey's 9:20 a.m.
Sept 15- Plaza 5:00 p.m.
Sept 16- 1900 Park Fare 9:05 a.m.
Sept 16- Cinderella's Royal Table 5:15p.m.
Sept 17- Chef Mickey's 9:20 a.m.

If you can tell there is a lot of chef mickeys and most likely that will be changed around with possibly more cape may cafe's or something closer to the Beach Club. any suggestions are greatly appreciated. i am also willing to trade reservations. The only exceptions to the trading are lecellier and CRT. One restaurant we will more than likely add to this will be the Turf Club at SSR. We went there for our anniversary dinner in July of this year and absoutly fell in love with it. Our favorite restaurant before was concourse but since that is gone we had to find something else and honestly the food at the Turf Club was amazing and with our DDE card we hardly spent what we thought we would!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2008, 06:15 PM   #3
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am however a Epcot and a Figment fanatic.
Me too! I LOVE Mission Space and Spaceship Earth. And the Beach Club is so fun!

I don't know if I could do Chef Mickey's 3 times though!
If you like Epcot so much, have you considered doing some reservations there? My favourites are Chefs du France, Le Cellier and Rose and Crown...

Cute report - looking forward to hearing more!

Cheers!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Old 07-30-2008, 08:45 PM   #4
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Not sure if we are going to do chef mickey's three times or not, its still all up in the air. thanks for joining in!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:13 AM   #5
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

So I haven't posted as much as I would like as I am trying to get back into work mode, which I am sure all of you know is terribly hard after coming back from WDW. It was such a nitemare trying to get to work yesterday. Needless to say, I thought I worked the nite shift, but was supposed to work morning so I was a few hours late to work . But in other news, when I arrived home I checked my email and wouldn't ya know I had an email from Disney Vacation Club. I thought it was some sort of survey from our last vacation to see how our service was, but no it wasn't. It was an email asking us if we want to add on and Animal Kingdom. The dilemma begins...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: