Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 06:23 PM   #16
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

The Land

The Land
Link to DIS Site Information page about The Land.
  • Living with the Land
  • Soarin'
  • Circle of Life
  • Behind the Seeds Tour - is wheelchair and ECV accessible. Depending on your ECV, some turns may be tight.

The information in italics is from the WDW Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities. More information will be added as I have time.

Living with the Land
Set sail on a voyage of discovery through living laboratories. Cruise through a tropical rain forest, the African desert and the American plains to discover the latest developments in aquaculture and desert farming. Float by experimental greenhouses and take a fascinating first-hand look at an aqua cell with alligators.
Guests must transfer from motorized scooter or ECV to an available wheelchair.
Handheld Captioning devices which display text for segments at this location are available at Guest Relations.

Soarin'™
Fly as you never dreamed possible, soaring over awe-inspiring scenic panoramas of California where this exhilarating, one-of-a-kind attraction debuted.
Height Requirement: 40" minimum
Guests must transfer from their wheelchair/ECV to the attraction/ride vehicle.
Due to the nature of the experience, service animals are not permitted on this attraction.
Guest-activated captioning is available on selected video monitors at this location. Please visit Guest Relations to obtain an activator.

The Circle of Life
Marvel at the wonders of nature in this delightful film that combines animation, live action and your favorite "Lion King" characters. Timon wants to open a non-ecological resort, but Pumbaa and Simba realize how important the different kinds of plants and animals are to the health of the planet. After all, they're part of the Circle of Life.
Guests may remain in wheelchair/ECV.
Assistive Listening devices which amplify the audio at this location are available at Guest Relations.
Reflective Captioning which projects captions onto an acrylic panel is available at this location. Guests should contact a host/hostess at this location.

LINKS:
Living With the Land - you should see 2 pictures under the description of Living with the Land. If you don't, or if you want to see, download or print only the pictures, here are links for you.
Picture 1 - Living with the Land #1
Picture 2 - Living with the Land #2

Soarin' - you should see 3 pictures under the description of Soarin'. If you don't, or if you want to see, download or print only the pictures, here are links for you. There are also some links to youtube video of the attraction.
Picture 3 - Soarin #1
Picture 4 - Soarin #2
Picture 5 - Soarin #3
DIS page about Soarin
youtube video of Soarin' preshow, showing operation of seatbelt and the extra strap. Preshow recommends the extra strap for the 'smallest aviators', but I would recommend it for anyone needing extra security.
youtube video of entire ride, including part of queue, preshow, boarding.

Circle of Life - you should see 2 pictures under the description of Circle of Life. If you don't, or if you want to see, download or print only the pictures, here are links for you.
Picture 6 - Circle of Life

DIS page about The Land

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr

Last edited by SueM in MN; 09-08-2008 at 07:19 AM. Reason: add info on getting pictures
Old 01-26-2008, 06:24 PM   #17
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Imagination

Imagination
The text in italics is from the WDW Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities. I will add more information as I have time.

Journey Into Imagination With Figment
Take a rollicking ride through the Imagination Institute, where that playful purple dragon Figment really puts you to the test! Climb all aboard a train of thought in the Sound Lab. Use your Common Scents in the Smell Lab. Watch your world turn upside down in Figment's house. There's no journey like the Journey into Imagination!
Handheld Captioning devices which display text for segments at this location are available at Guest Relations.

There is one scent on this ride. You will have plenty of warning ahead of time to prepare. I don't like the particular scent, so I take a deep breath before it is coming. To avoid spoilers, I will write it in white. Just click on your mouse and run your cursor over it; you will be able to read it.
Figment has a machine like a gambling machine where you win if all 3 pictures match. You 'win' skunk scent and have time to prepare between when the skunk pictures appear and the odor starts.

ImageWorks: The Kodak "What If" Labs
Let your imagination run wild in this incredible interactive playground! Wave your arms and move your body to create magical music, videotape your image and play it back in super slow motion, make up a symphony by jumping on stones, transform yourself into an animal and e-mail the photo to friends, and much more.

Honey, I Shrunk The Audience
Professor Wayne Szalinski is at it again and this time you're the one who gets shrunk. This interactive adventure goes beyond 3-D with incredible special effects and awesome surprises. Be ready to make nice to mice, face the fangs of a python and duck when a dog has a very itchy nose. You might feel small, but your laughs will be big!
This attraction may be frightening for children.
Due to the nature of the experience, Guests with service animals should check with a host/hostess for attraction and boarding information.
Assistive Listening devices which amplify the audio at this location are available at Guest Relations.
Reflective Captioning which projects captions onto an acrylic panel is available at this location. Guests should contact a host/hostess at this location.
Guest-activated captioning is available on selected video monitors at this location. Please visit Guest Relations to obtain an activator.

LINKS: - you should see 1 picture under the ride and 1 under the description of Imageworks. If you don't, or if you want to see, download or print the only pictures, here are links for you. There are also links to some information pages about the Imagination attractions.
Picture 1, Journey into Imagination
Picture 2, ImageWorks
DIS page about Imagination
DIS page about Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr

Last edited by SueM in MN; 09-08-2008 at 07:24 AM. Reason: added info about links
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #18
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

World Showcase Overview

Sorry - UNDER CONSTRUCTION

LINKS:
DIS page about World Showcase

Last edited by SueM in MN; 01-26-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #19
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Mexico

The information in italics is from the WDW Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities/ More information will be added as I have time.
Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros

Experience the sights and sounds of Mexico on the Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros. Take a delightful boat ride and follow the adventures of Donald Duck, José Carioca and Panchito from the Disney film "The Three Caballeros." This fun-filled journey showcases the people, culture, history and arts of Mexico and is enjoyable for all ages.
Guests must transfer from motorized scooter or ECV to an available wheelchair.

LINKS:
DIS page about Mexico, including a youtube video

Last edited by SueM in MN; 01-26-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:26 PM   #20
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Norway

Maelstrom
& Viking Boat Play area

The information in italics is from the WDW Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities. More information will be added as I have time.

Maelstrom
Tricky trolls are out to befuddle you as you explore the heritage of Norway in this adventure-packed boat ride. Watch for polar bears and pirates and hold on tight as you plummet backwards into the stormy North Sea! The spirit of adventure is always alive on Maelstrom.
Guests must transfer from their wheelchair/ECV to the attraction/ride vehicle.

LINKS:
DIS page about Norway

Last edited by SueM in MN; 01-26-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:26 PM   #21
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

China

The information in italics is from the WDW Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities. More will be added as I have time.

Reflections of China
Explore China as never before in this stirring Circle-Vision 360° film that puts you in the center of the action. Sweep from Beijing to Shanghai, from inner Mongolia to the Forbidden City, from the distant lands of the Hunan province to the Great Wall, discovering all the brilliant facets of this Land of Many Faces.

LINKS:
DIS page about China

Last edited by SueM in MN; 01-26-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:27 PM   #22
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Germany

Germany has no movie or ride.
It has shops and street performers. All the shops are wheelchair accessible.

LINKS:
DIS page about Germany

Last edited by SueM in MN; 01-26-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:27 PM   #23
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Italy

Italy has no movie or ride.
It has shops and street performers. All the shops are wheelchair accessible.

LINKS:
DIS page about Italy

Last edited by SueM in MN; 01-26-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:27 PM   #24
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

America

America

The American Adventure
Thrill to an epic theatrical event with authentic historical characters, magnificent music and extraordinary effects on stage and screen. Meet the inspiring American heroes who reaffirm the county's greatest resource: its people. There's no adventure like the American Adventure!

LINKS: - you should see 3 pictures under the American Adventure. If you don't, or if you want to see, download or print only the pictures, here are links for you. There is also a link to a general information page about the attraction.
Slide 1 AA
Slide 2 AA
Slide 3 AA
DIS page about American Adventure

Last edited by SueM in MN; 09-08-2008 at 07:28 AM. Reason: add info about pictures
Old 01-26-2008, 06:28 PM   #25
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Japan

Japan has no ride or movie. The shops are wheelchair accessible.

LINKS:
DIS page about Japan

Last edited by SueM in MN; 09-08-2008 at 07:28 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-26-2008, 06:28 PM   #26
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Morocco

Morocco has no ride or movie. All shops are wheelchair accessible.

LINKS:
DIS page about Morocco

Last edited by SueM in MN; 01-26-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:30 PM   #27
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

France

The information in italics is from the WDW Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities. More will be added as I have time.

Impressions de France
Soar throughout this magnificent country in this stunning five-screen panoramic film. Race cars in Cannes, ride boats on the Seine, fly over the cliffs at Normandy, ski over dangerously rocky peaks, sweep over the exquisite countryside in a huge hot air balloon, take a tantalizing train ride into Paris, climb the elegant Eiffel tower!

LINKS:
DIS page about France

Last edited by SueM in MN; 01-26-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:30 PM   #28
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

United Kingdom

United Kingdom doesn't have any movie or ride.

LINKS:
DIS page about United Kingdom

Last edited by SueM in MN; 01-26-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:31 PM   #29
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Canada

Information in italics is from the WDW Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities. More information will be added as I have time.

O Canada!
Discover the glory of a great land with the sweeping grandeur and spectacular sounds of this Circle-Vision 360° filmed presentation. You are in the center of the action, surrounded by the stunning variety of America's neighbor to the north, from its wide open spaces abundant with wildlife to its sparkling cities and harbors teaming with activity to its magnificent mountains and shores.

LINKS:
DIS page about Canada

Last edited by SueM in MN; 01-26-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:31 PM   #30
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Illuminations, Character Greetings, Bands and ‘street’ performers

Illuminations, Character Greetings, Bands and ‘street’ performers

Sorry! UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Last edited by SueM in MN; 01-26-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: