Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2007, 03:36 AM   #1
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Talking A Very Merry X-mas Trip Report *All Finished* Day 4, P.3

I finally got my pics online and are now ready to tell you all about our great trip.

When: 11-14th of dec '07
Where: Santa Fe (It had to be a cheap trip)
Who: Me: Stephanie, My mum: Maj-britt.

My mum stayed over at my place from Monday to Tuesday because we our flight was in the morning Tuesday and I live right next to Copenhagen Airport. We got to the airport early cause you never know how long the lines are. Luckily everything went smooth and we had plenty of time to enjoy the best thing about Copenhagen airport: STARBUCKS

Before you think: WHY???? Let me tell you that the only Starbucks in Scandinavia is placed at CPH Airport, that's why!!!

We had a bit of breakfast and then it was time to go. We went with SAS, not that we like them ( or their security!) but they were cheap.
When we arrived at Charles Du Gaulle we went streaight to the Vea busses where we had to wait.... and wait.... and wait. Suddenly this guy came up to us and asked if we wanted to go by taxi, same price as Vea. Well why not, we would get their faster. My mum hated this, she didn't like the fact that we had to drive with this stranger who where driving way too fast while speaking on his phone, but we survived and got to Santa Fe.

About the hotel: We didn't like it. It's a nice family hotel but not our style at all (ok we like luxury and since you get what you pay for, we didn't get that at Santa Fe) When we booked it, we didn't think that it would matter, but it did.
However the surroundings were nice (does anyone know if the cactus is real?) and you can easily walk to the parks, just remember to cross the bridge by the hotel, then the walk is shorter.

Then we went to the main park. It was beautiful with all the christmas decoration. I think the pics say it all.

We watched the Once Upon a Dream - parade which was lovely. I like the fact that they have so many different characters in it.

Unfortunately my camera doesn't take very good night pics, so the next couple of pics won't be that good.
In the evening we got ready for the Candlecelebration. It was amazing, it's a shame that you can't see it on the pics, but it was fab.

The whole park was so beautiful in the dark. Frontier and Adventureland was quite dark which made a nice contrast to Main Street which was lit up.

I love these pics of Walt

Wow, this trip report ended up getting a lot longer then planned. Hope some of you still are with me.
Sorry for spelling mistakes and wrong gramma (English is not my first langues)

Next up: Day 2, Paris City

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite

Last edited by the_princess; 01-27-2008 at 12:01 PM.
the_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:57 AM   #2
maleficent_man
DIS Veteran

Great report - love the pics!
2004 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year Cheyenne; 2005 - WDW - Off site/AKL (June); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Halloween - Kyriad (Oct); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year - Kyriad; 2006 - WDW - POP/Hard Rock Hotel/WL (Concierge)/ASMO (June); 2006 - WDW Christmas and New Year 06 POP, Royal Pacific Resort, WDW Dolphin, POP, POR; 2007 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (April); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (June); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (October); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (Christmas & New Year); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (April); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (October); 2009 - WDW Honeymoon AKL/Royal Pacific/POP (July); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (October); 2012 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
maleficent_man is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2007, 04:44 AM   #3
kevankiki
DIS Veteran

Great report, thanks for getting me into the Disney Christmas mood for next week!

For what it's worth, I would never have guessed that English was not your first language!!!

kevankiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:08 AM   #4
marcus.ka
DLRP Hotel Fan!
Don’t say Eurodisney. It’s Disneyland Resort Paris

Great pictures. DLRP with blue sky is the best you can get.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:24 PM   #5
tink,too
DIS Veteran

Love you photos - thanks for sharing.
tink,too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:39 PM   #6
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Hearing about CPH took me back to my days traveling through to Sweden

Absolutely wonderful photographs and report. Looking forward to the next installments

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:08 PM   #7
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Lovely report. Please don't apologise!! Your English is excellent!! I feel very ashamed that although I studied both French and German at school I don't seem to recall much of either yet you can write a long report in another language.

Your photos are wonderful looking forward to the next day.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:02 AM   #8
klokkeblomst
Earning My Ears

Lovely pics!!! It really gets me in the christmas mood... Didn't you go on any rides the first day???
Old 12-22-2007, 10:10 AM   #9
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

Wonderful photos. We've stayed at Santa Fe twice and quite liked it but it was literally only a place to shower and sleep - very basic. As you say if you like luxury it is not the best place to stay.
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL
A Small World is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:06 AM   #10
MJ_always
DIS Veteran

Great report! Sounds like you had a brill time and the photos are beautiful. The 'Once Upon A Dream' parade is amazing isnt it. I loved all the floats.

luv
#ashleigh#

...DLRP-September 2012, Newport Bay Club...

MJ_always is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:27 AM   #11
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Thanks for reading everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by klokkeblomst View Post
Lovely pics!!! It really gets me in the christmas mood... Didn't you go on any rides the first day???
Yeah we did POTC (one of my favourite rides in the main park) We also went on Peter Pan and I wanted to go on Space Mountain but it was closed The waiting times were about 5-10 min....

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
Old 12-29-2007, 04:10 AM   #12
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Paris

Day 2!!!

We woke up early when the phone rang, it was Goofy We had breakfast cards for 7.30 every day cause we didn't want to miss EMH at 8. Today that didn't really matter cause we were going to Paris. Even though we've been to DLP so many times and always talked about doing a daytrip to Paris, this was the first time we did it.
The train system around Paris is quite easy to figure out, so no problems there. When we first left the station we were quite lost but we finally got to Louvre.

After Louvre we walked down Champs Elysées to Arc de Triomphe. On the way we went into the big Disney Store.

They had so many cute things in there. We don't have a Disney Store in Denmark, so this was a new thing to see as well.

And then to my favourite building in the whole world: Tour Eiffel.

When it got dark we went back to Champs Elysées to see the christmas light and have dinner and then it was time to head back to DLP.

We were both exhausted after all the walking ( We didn't use the metro, but walked to everything)
This was also the day that I got my knee injury which still hurts a lot. It turned out to be an infection under the kneecap so I had to take loads of painkillers to be able to walk at all

But overall a very good day!

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:

MY DISNEY STAYS:
Old 12-29-2007, 04:40 AM   #13
NIK
Compulsive plannerin two minds Monstro or Blue Fairy?

What fantastic pictures

Next visit? This year next year sometime never :
NIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:42 AM   #14
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

What fabulous pictures

I hope your knee is better now.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #15
klokkeblomst
Earning My Ears

Looking forward to hearing the rest of your trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: