Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #76
chrisw127

DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reviews. My best friend is coming with us on our next trip and even though she never complains and will eat anything (and in fact, may have survived one of our roadtrips through the upper mid-west on fries and bread), I want her to eat as well as possible.

Will Liberty Tree Tavern have anything? We're having lunch there one day.
chrisw127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #77
Mom2PixiePrincess
Go where you are celebrated: DISNEY!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKitty1 View Post
I'm also a vegetarian who hates mushrooms, so I'm looking forward to reading your reviews!

DH and I ate at the Main Street Bakery today and I had their tomato-mozzarella-pesto sandwich. It was good, but wasn't out in the display--there were only meat vegetables on display (i knew to ask for it though).

The Lighthouse sandwich at Columbia Harbor House is actually my favorite counter service meal in all the parks. I was craving a pecan pie torte, though, which is why we ate at Main Street Bakery instead.
Thank you for that little tidbit! A tomato-mozzarella-pesto sandwich sounds like a PEFECT lunch to me! I'll be sure to ask for this next time! I'm not a vegetarian, but I like to pick healthy options which are usually more vegetarian oriented! Knowing there are more options for counter service other than burgers, hotdogs, and rotting salads is a big bonus for me! Thanks so much!

Side note: I've found that most CS salads leave A LOT to be desired! Usually just old wilted lettuce with over ripe tomatoes and some dry carrot shreds....
Mom2PixiePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2008, 07:34 PM   #78
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Day 8 Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare

It surprised me how much more a cab to the GF ($16) was than a cab to/from Epcot ($10 or less), but it was on par with what I spent on a cab to CR in 06. We entered the GF and admired the decorations-I got to talk about the things I learned on my tour and sound all smart. We then made our way up to the podium. 1900 Park Fare opened around 8:05 (I think it’s supposed to open at 8).

We were able to be seated right away. As the hostess was walking us to our seats and giving us the spiel about food, blah blah blah, she said “And the characters love seeing adults, too, and they’ll be around.” We hadn’t even sat down yet, but I knew this was going to be better than the my time at Chef Mickey's in 06. We got up to get food. I regret to inform you that I believe I tried to make notes for this meal on the plane, so they include such deep thoughts as “potatoes….yay Mickey waffle…” but I’ll try. I started with the strawberry soup, which lived up to its rep (we’re thinking we may serve the AllEars recipe at Easter), potatoes and a pastry . All were very good. Mom had an egg dish, potatoes, a croissant and a muffin, all of which she said were good. I also had some Mickey waffles, a chocolate croissant and sticky bun. All were good, but I was kind of bummed-I wanted my Mickey waffle a la mode, but couldn’t get the ice cream machine to work. Oh well. As I returned to my seat, I did a bit of a double-take-the Mad Hatter was sitting on a high chair. Somewhat amusing. The characters started coming. We first met with Pooh and Tigger. Both signed my autograph book and took pictures, and hugged Mom. We amused ourselves looking at a family of six seated across from us. The three older kids were all somewhere between four and seven, and character shy. Baby in the high chair, however was watching the characters very intently. Mary Poppins came over and was very good. Mary tried to socialize with the family. Baby was far too busy staring at Pooh-Mary said something very polite like “Oh, well, I can’t compete with Pooh.” We chatted with Alice, and then the Mad Hatter came around. He walked up to us, turned to Mom, and said “I think she likes me, she was staring at me earlier.” (Meaning me) LOL. He also insisted on a picture with Mom. Meanwhile, Pooh had reached our neighbor’s table, and Baby was practically climbing out of her highchair while the other kids in the family were hiding behind the parents. Mom commented that baby would be running the family in another year. We finished, and got our check. I have to say the only negative was the lag in getting our check.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Hedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:36 PM   #79
Hedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2PixiePrincess View Post
Thank you for that little tidbit! A tomato-mozzarella-pesto sandwich sounds like a PEFECT lunch to me! I'll be sure to ask for this next time! I'm not a vegetarian, but I like to pick healthy options which are usually more vegetarian oriented! Knowing there are more options for counter service other than burgers, hotdogs, and rotting salads is a big bonus for me! Thanks so much!

Side note: I've found that most CS salads leave A LOT to be desired! Usually just old wilted lettuce with over ripe tomatoes and some dry carrot shreds....
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisw127 View Post
Thanks for the reviews. My best friend is coming with us on our next trip and even though she never complains and will eat anything (and in fact, may have survived one of our roadtrips through the upper mid-west on fries and bread), I want her to eat as well as possible.

Will Liberty Tree Tavern have anything? We're having lunch there one day.
They have a grain and vegetable dish, but I've never had it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPiglet View Post
Great reviews! I'm not a big meat eater so I love hearing about all the other options at Disney.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMAmy View Post
Oh, where is the Tag Fairy when we need her?

I'm shocked to learn that Zebra Domes are not vegetarian! And my first thought was, "They're really made from zebras???"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas lady View Post
great review!!
Thanks!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*

Old 02-15-2008, 07:55 PM   #80
PrincessKitty1
Epcot is my happy place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2PixiePrincess View Post

You're welcome! I agree that the CS salads leave a lot to be desired--they remind me of the salads at Wendy's, which always taste 3 days old and preserved in wax to me.

WDW actually has a lot of healthy options, relatively speaking (relative to restaurants in my town, anyway, which is a college town and presumably has more healthy food choices than a typical town). If I'm desperate, I'll get a veggie burger at counter service--with lettuce and tomato, I figure it couldn't be too awful for me! (I have to admit I do get fries, though, since WDW is the only place I've ever heard of that keeps the fry oil for the potatoes separate from the fry oil for chicken nuggets etc.).

The Dolphin Fountain (photo taken from our room!)

PrincessKitty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:39 PM   #81
Caboosey
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the reviews! I'm a 26 year old vegetarian who doesn't like mushrooms... I'm going to WDW with my mom in May!
Old 03-25-2008, 02:54 PM   #82
Linnie The Pooh
Making Fun of Buzz is my Favorite Hobby!!

Wow! The pictures of the food look incredible. I'm so hungry right now after looking at them! I never knew there were so many options regarding vegetarian dishes!!

[/url]
Linnie The Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:21 PM   #83
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Great reviews Heather
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:14 AM   #84
grumpalina
Mouseketeer

fantastic reviews!!! i'm also a "flexitarian" (great term!) and very much appreciate non-meat options.
grumpalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:06 PM   #85
septbaby
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Hedy;22519511]The bad about Pecos Bill's was the good about this trip, I guess. It was my only dining disappointment this trip.
I had really liked their Chicken salad without the Chicken last trip-it was a garden salad with jicama and cheese. I ordered it at their touch screen stands, and found it to be renamed the “Vegetarian salad.” Good enough, if less comic-sounding. The re-named salad was horrible. It was an el cheapo garden salad with some cheese. First dining disappointment of the trip. It tasted like those old McDonald’s salads.
[QUOTE]

We are a vegetarian/pescatarian family and had a similar reaction to Peco Bill's: worst meal of the trip. I grabbed a veggie burger, fries, etc. for my family to enjoy while we watched the Pirate and Princess parade. Our 6yo didn't even like the fries. Unfortunately Columbia Harbor House was being used as a treasure spot and not open and we were too far from Cosmic Ray's for me to make the dash.
septbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:53 PM   #86
jhshmh
Mouseketeer

Thanks

I loved your review very helpful. I ahve to say that I know some people think that Disney does not cater to us veggies. They have come along way. We went in Nov. and i was surprised to see how many options they have. On my last trip ten years ago their was barely any options. I really like your idea to get the Tonga Toast at the counter service. Is it really sweet? Also what are in the zebra domes the filling looks a bit strange!
jhshmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:35 AM   #87
Hedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhshmh View Post
I loved your review very helpful. I ahve to say that I know some people think that Disney does not cater to us veggies. They have come along way. We went in Nov. and i was surprised to see how many options they have. On my last trip ten years ago their was barely any options. I really like your idea to get the Tonga Toast at the counter service. Is it really sweet? Also what are in the zebra domes the filling looks a bit strange!
It is sweet-it's covered in cinnamon sugar. Zebra domes contain a coffee/chocolate mousse, but as a previous poster noted, they contain gelatin.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:43 PM   #88
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKitty1 View Post
(I have to admit I do get fries, though, since WDW is the only place I've ever heard of that keeps the fry oil for the potatoes separate from the fry oil for chicken nuggets etc.).
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm enjoying going back and reading your reviews. I'm not a vegatarian technically, but most of the time my diet is vegatarian.

I used to work at a Burger King in high school, and their french frys in vegatable oil kept separate from the oil used to cook meat products.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
If U Had Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:26 PM   #89
Nanu57v
Someone needs to tell the Tag Fairy to consult with me about spelling
Has her priorities in the right place

Cool report! I had to read it to figure out what a pescetarian was. I thought it had something to do with "pesky."

And I'm thrilled to hear that I'm not the only one who eats hummus sandwiches! And that its a menu item. I eat one for lunch almost every day, and a friend of mine joked...isn't that just like a mustard sandwich?

Me DH DD7 DD2
Nanu57v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #90
IndayMichelle
Hopelessly addicted to DLR and WDW popcorn

Appreciate it!

My DBF is a vegetarian so I worked extra hard on our ADRs for our upcoming trip. But thanks for the info! I don't cook meat in our home, and only eat it when we go out. It's nice to hear about places where we can both get what we want.

Disneyland 9/04, 9/06, 1/10, 3/10, 11/10, 4/11, 7/11, 10/11, 1/12, Leap Day 2012, 3/12
Contemporary Resort 7/00 - Caribbean Beach Resort 9/08 - Polynesian Resort 4/10

IndayMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: