Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2007, 01:34 PM   #1
goodmorningirl
Mouseketeer

Mom's 50th Birthday Trip!!! Day One is Complete!!

Ok so for all of you that have read my trip report from my trip back in July with my boyfriend and then my quickie MNSSHP you know that I'm in college and finals are this week. So what do I do..study? That would probably be a good idea except I'm addicted to this site and decided that since I will be taking my mom to Disney from Thurs. Dec. 13th-Mon. Dec. 17th I should probably start a pre-trip report.

The Cast..although there are only two of us..

Me--18..Disney addict..I mean like master of Disney scene it, disney trivia, whatever you want to know about Disney, I have the answer. If I wasn't completly in love with Disney and Disney World I would have to say I have been to the parks way too many times. But I can't complain. In just this year alone I have been 5 times..this week being my 6th. In my 18 years? probably over 20. Anyway enough about me.

My Mom--She turned 50 this Oct. although she looks nothing like 50. So for her birthday I surprised her with a 5 day trip to Disney World just the two of us. See back in 2000 my mom and I drove to Disney for the day from my grandparents in St. Pete and had an absolute blast. So where else could I take her to make her feel like a kid again? She is mostly the reason why I am addicted to Disney and why I have been there so much..although my Dad had a say also. When he heard he wasn't invited he was very upset but understood that I wanted to do a mother/daughter trip. So anyway here is a picture of the my little but awesome family.

This is from this August, the last night before they left me here in Tampa for college and went home.

This is in Las Vegas about a year ago.

I will have to leave you with that for now..I do have finals today..
Will try and get our plans up tonight.

Last edited by goodmorningirl; 02-11-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #2
goodmorningirl
Mouseketeer

Hey guys I hope someone is interested..I really hope you guys will comment

Anyway I figured I'd post a quick itinerary for our 5 days.

Thursday December 13
Morning--Downtown Disney
Night--Magic Kingdom for MVMCP
5:00--Arrive at MVMCP
5:45--Cinderella’s Holiday Wish and Castle Lighting
8:15--Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
9:30--Holiday Wishes-Celebrate the Season
10:15--Mickey’s Twas the Night Before Christmas
11:30--Celebrate the Season Show

Friday December 14
Morning--MGM
Night--MGM
3:40 Mama Melrose

Saturday December 15
Morning--Magic Kingdom
8:05 Crystal Palace
Night--Magic Kingdom
5:25 Liberty Tree Tavern

Sunday December 16
Morning--Epcot
8:30 Akershus
Night--Epcot
8:00 Rose and Crown

Monday December 17
Morning--Animal Kingdom
11:00 Yak and Yeti
Night--Animal Kingdom
5:30 Boma

So I put up what I think would be a good way to go about MVMCP but I'm not sure. What do you guys think? I would love to hear your opinions on how to do things. Because we have a full day in MK we want to focus on the Christmas stuff and characters. Any help would be appreciated.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2007, 07:38 AM   #3
DisneyObsession
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great way to do MVMCP! I was there the first night and it was alot of fun, but I didn't get to do nearly enough! Good Plan!

I've been thinking about taking my Mom, as she expressed an interest in going, and she's 73! It could be a fun trip!!!

Can't wait to hear more!
Old 12-11-2007, 10:32 AM   #4
goodmorningirl
Mouseketeer

Thanks for replying! I really can't wait I think she'll have so much fun..I'm sure your mother would also enjoy it..
Old 01-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #5
kittychatalot
DVC since 02/09 BLT

Great trip report~

keep them coming!

"Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life....You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures..." Walt Disney
Old 01-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #6
cdotla
Trish

OK - you are back now, right? Start posting!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #7
goodmorningirl
Mouseketeer

ok guys i am soo sorry..with school just starting last week ive been super busy but the good news is i should have my first post up this week im sorry ive kept you guys waiting..it was an amazing trip and we had such a great time! talk to you all soon!!
Old 01-29-2008, 06:31 PM   #8
byoung
You are keeping us alive

Yes I still love getting my fix here on the DIS daily

Keep on reporting.

4/80 Offsite--11/87 FWC--11/90 CBR--5/99CBR--5/01 CR AS CBR--10/02 OKW DWL--12/03 OKW--6/04 Offsite--10/04 BCV POR--12/04 CSR--1/05 CBR--5/05 BWV POLY--6/05 Offsite--10/05 BWV Welcome Home--11/05 Offsite--12/05 CSR OKW--2,3/06 OKW--5/06 Pops VWL Offsite--10/06 POR BWV--12/06 BWV--2,3/07 Offsite--5/07 BWV POR CS--10/07 CB BWV--12/07 OKW--2/08 Offsite--5/08 ASM VWL--9/08 AKV--10/08 BWV--3/09 Offsite--5/09 OKW--10/09 BWV ASM--11/09 ASM--12/09 SS--5/10 VWL
Old 02-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #9
goodmorningirl
Mouseketeer

Day One: Part One

Ok so Iím sorry it has taken me soo long to finally make a real post! We had an amazing time and I canít wait to go back with my Mom again except this time I think I should bring my Dad lol. He actually had a big scare last week. He was seeing weird colors in his eyes which is weird because he is partially blind from his diabetes and possible agent orange from being in Vietnam so he went to the hospital and they found that he had a corroded artery that was 99% and that the weird colors were three mini strokes. So they had him in the hospital all last week for tests. The good thing is they did a test yesterday and besides the artery thing everything else is fine soo right now they arenít going to operate and just watch it. It just sucks being soo far from home in NJ and not being able to be there.

So anyway on a happier note I am now starting my trip report!!! Woo Hoo!!

Ok so my last final was on Tuesday, Dec 11 and my Mom flew down to Tampa where I am in school, Wed, Dec 12. We stayed at my grandparents in St. Pete for the night and got our stuff ready to leave on Thurs, Dec 13.
We woke up Thurs morning and left the condo around nine. We were stopping at the Orlando outlets first before going into Disney. Because we had MVMCP that night we figured we would spend the day just shopping and enjoying being together. So we went to the outlets and bought a few things that were very much on sale.

After shopping there we headed over in DTD for even more shopping. Isnít nice when itís just the girls and you donít have to drag the boys around with you? So we shopped around and got a few things including gifts for my cousins. We did the My Little Pony boxes for my two girl cousins and for those of you who have read my Anniversary Trip report know, Cory was able to not only fit in all the accessories and clothes but two ponies. Well not only did I fit in the clothes and accessories, but I fit all four, yes all four horses in each of their boxes.

So we went to the Christmas store and bought our hats for the night and tried to find all 12 days of Christmas. We found all but two and circled the store three times! Here are pictures of all the ones we found.

One the First day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Mickey in a Yule Tree.

On the Second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Two Tweedledees.

On the Third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Three Caroling Pigs? This was the first of two that did not have a little scroll next to them but fit the 12 days of Christmas.

On the Fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Four Chiming Bells.

On the Fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Five Lions Leaping? Again this one fit the 12 days of Christmas but there was no scroll.

On the Sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Six Ducks a-playing.

On the Seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Seven Dwarfs a-mining.

Unfortunately we could not find the Eighth Day..If anyone knows it please PM me or post and let me know.

On the Ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Nine Genies flying.

Unfortunately we could not find the Tenth day either..again if anyone knows it please let me know.

On the Eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Eleven Puppies Playing.

On the Twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Twelve Faeries Flitting.

After shopping in the World of Disney we spotted this artwork. I thought it was amazing how neat it looked. They were using charcoal and every so often would use that spray on it.

After all that shopping we got lunch at Earl of Sandwich and each got a Chicken Caesar Wrap which is so good. After lunch we headed over to Pop to check in and get our room. My room request was accommodated and we were shortly settled in the 50ís building with Tramp in front.

We have two miniature schnauzers, which is the kind of dog Tramp is, and our boy Max looks just like him. The room was nice and I forgot to get any pictures of it.

We got ready to go over to MVMCP around 5:00. Pretty soon we were out the door and to the bus stop. There was a short line and the bus came shortly after we got there. We couldnít wait to be back in the Magic Kingdom together after 7 years!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #10
goodmorningirl
Mouseketeer

Day One: Part Two

We arrived at Magic Kingdom right before they started the Castle Lighting Show. We watched the show from a distance down Main Street. The lighting of the Castle was absolutely beautiful! Seeing it in pictures is nice but nothing compared to actually being there. It almost made me cry.

I love this picture..the color of the castle is beautiful!

Shortly after, when the MVMCP started we donned our headwear and started in on the festivities. Now unfortunately I cannot remember everything in the exact order that we did it so Iím gonna try and do my best.

There was I think a 7:15 showing of the castle Christmas show so we went right up front and waited for that. My mom held our spots while I went and got us so yummy hot coco and sugar cookies. They also had apple slices which were very tasty. We waited about 15 minutes for the show to start. It is weird how the characters eyes and mouths move. And I agree with Chico about the pictures, now you have to time it so that you donít get them blinking. The show was very cute and I especially loved the part with Chip and Dale.

After the show the parade was in like 25 minutes so we decided to hold our spot in front of the castle instead of trying to find a new one. The parade was soo awesome. I loved seeing the parade that I usually watch on tv every year right in front of me! After seeing the Boo To You Parade though, I think it beats the Christmas Parade by a tiny bit.

I love this picture of Eeyore he looks so shy and cute.

I love these pictures of Cinderella and Prince Charming. The carriage had to stop for a while and the whole time they kept holding hands or caressing eachothers cheeks..lol..it was really cute.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:32 PM   #11
goodmorningirl
Mouseketeer

More Pictures!

Old 02-11-2008, 10:36 AM   #12
goodmorningirl
Mouseketeer

Day One: Part Three

After the parade we really wanted to focus on meeting the characters..We still had a full day at MK anyway for the rides. We headed behind the castle to get a picture with Lumberjack Donald. We waited for a short while, not that long.

While waiting we started talking to a female cast member. We started talking about the Disney College Program and wouldnít believe that I was 18 she kept insisting I was lying and had to be 15. So finally we got to see Donald who looked so cute in his plaid shirt.

After Lumberjack Donald we were starting to get really hungry. We noticed that there was a dance party going on in the big food place in Tomorrowland (the name completely escapes me at the moment). We each got our food which was good and my mom got a free cake for her birthday. I forgot to say that as soon as we got in the park we got my mom a birthday button which she came to resent by the end of the trip lol. Anyway we sat down in the lower area next to the dancefloor and just completely enjoyed the dance party. Chip and Dale and Santa Goofy were there busting out their moves! I could not believe how good they could dance in those outfits!!

On the way out of the eatery we noticed the Mad Hatter sitting on the wall by the teacups all by himself. It was dark and it seemed like no one realized he was there. We went over and started talking to him. I said we were celebrating my momís birthday and he got very upset. He said to my mom ďHow can she call you her mother, you are obviously her sister, you go home and tell your mom that shes teasing you.Ē It was soo funny. He was such a great character. We always have a great experience with him.

After that we headed into the Judgeís Tent in Toontown to meet the couple of the evening in their Christmas gear. We waited maybe 15-20 mins to meet them and it was worth it.

We headed back towards Fantasyland to get to Pooh Bear and try and see him. Along the way we ran into Alice in the same spot we met the Mad Hatter. We wished her a Merry Unbirthday and we on our way.

We happened to meet Eeyore (my fav Pooh character) and Pooh Bear in their Christmas Finest.

It was getting towards the end of the party and the character I wanted to meet most was Belle in her Christmas Red Dress. Belle is such a close 1st place next to Ariel and I have her in all her other dresses. We got in line while she was out and we heard she would be going in for the night in a few minutes and that Snow White and her Prince were coming out. Well I wanted to meet Belle and we were soo close. I basically teared at the thought that I might not see her. We were two families away from seeing her and of course the last family took FOREVER! We begged the lady to just let us see her, being my Momís birthday and all and the two families in front of us didnít even want to see her! They wanted to see Snow White. Well no go so I snapped this quick picture of her and we couldnít meet her.

It was incredibly upsetting. And yes I do realize that I am 18 years old but Disney is what I am lol. Iím sure you guys understand. So we got to meet Snow White and her Prince and as you can see my Mom doesnít look too happy.

So after that upset we walked towards Adventureland through Liberty Square and some of Frontierland because we heard that Abu would be out. On the way we saw that Woody was inside the Diamond Horseshoe? Does that sound right? Lol and no one else was in there. He as all by himself with the CM line dancing! It was hysterical and totally brought up our mood! My Mom also told him how much she loved his movies to which he got very embarrassed lol.

So after being a little high on happiness from meeting Woody we continued walking towards Adventureland. Well halfway there we see a huge ugly bear with his head leaned against a pole. Well I was ready to walk right past the thing cuz it looked dirty but my Mom obviously a little more high on happiness decided she would poke it on the back. Well as soon as she did that the ugly Country Bear turned around and grabbed our hand. We found out his name was liverlips and that he had! He was holding trying to kiss her and she just wouldnít give in! I told her to just let him kiss her otherwise heíd never let her go! So here is the kiss..my all time favorite picture of the trip because my mom is just crying with laughter!

So after getting away from liverlips and laughing our way through Adventureland we finally found Genie and Abu once again all alone. I told Genie that he had very big muscles and he flexed for me lol.

Right after the picture Abu took me away through Adventureland. He finally let my Mom catch up but I was sure to give him a kiss.

After that it was time to leave because the park was closing. It was soo amazing oh yah and we saw the fireworks lol sorry about not including that earlier. Here are my few last shots of the night.

I love this one with the tree and the castle in the background.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:09 PM   #13
DisneyObsession
DIS Veteran

You had great interaction with the characters! It's sounds like you had a blast!!! Can't wait for more!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 11:15 PM   #14
goodmorningirl
Mouseketeer

Day Two: Part One

So after seeing that someone is interested, thanks , I have Day Two: Part One! Here it goes..

Ok so this morning after the MVMCP we decided to do rope drop at MGM. So for a little backstory..

My Mom really really dislikes thrill rides. When I got her to go on Space Mountain with me in 2000 she screamed louder than the 7 year old sitting behind us. She really hates to way it makes her feel. So going into this trip I asked that she would please go on one, just one, big ride with me. I would never even ask her to go on Rocking Roller Coaster with me because I was afraid she would get really sick. So my ride of choice was Tower Of Terror. Back when we started planning the trip I started to put the idea of TOT into her head. Well she flat out said no everytime I mentioned it.

So when we got to the park for rope drop, we had to wait behind the turnstiles for about 15 minutes before they would let us in. I kept telling her that she should just stop overanalyzing it because she is just making it worse than it really is. Finally I told her that she should just come through the queue with me just to see how cool it is, and then before I got on the ride, just go to the chicken exit. She seemed fine with this idea, and being she was agreeing to that I dropped the subject of her going on the ride. So we get to the rope drop and we are right up against it heading towards TOT. When the rope drops we are right behind the TOT Cast Members with this other guy too. It ends up we were the second and third people in line for the first elevator. Before I know it, Iím getting on the elevator and my Mom is following me. The guy sits down, I sit next to him and my Mom sits next to me, on the aisle, in the first row. I looked at her and I was completely shocked. Never in a million years did I expect her to be sitting next to me. As soon as the doors closed she looked at me and said what was I thinking? She kept asking if she could scream and I assured her that everyone screamed on TOT even if they werenít scared and that I promised I would scream as loud as I could. Well she didnít just scream, she SCREAMED! I put my arms around her and we screamed the whole time. She had her eyes closed and was practically in tears. Once we got off we had to buy the picture. She admitted afterwards that I wasnít as bad as she thought it would be and that she was glad she did it. I guess because she had her eyes closed and didnít know much about the ride, she thought it just dropped once. Lol. So needless to say my Mom conquered her fear and enjoyed it too! So here is our picture in front of TOT right after the ride.

After that I grabbed a FP to RNR for later. We then headed over into the center of the park for the HSM show which I have never actually watched because I donít want to torture my boyfriend that much . It was really cute and I liked how they got the kids up to help them. As you can see I am the total HSM nerd in all our pics at MGM with my HSM shirt.

After the show we hung around to see what characters would come out. We saw Stitch, who I love in his very cute Christmas shirt.

After Stitch we went over to Chip and Dale which you will see soo much of this trip lol They were so funny. Dale pointed to my shirt and started doing the ďWeíre All In This Together DanceĒ it was hysterical.

We headed toward the back of the park to see the lights in the daytime, who would we meet along the way??
Old 03-15-2008, 08:08 AM   #15
Loriann70
Earning My Ears

Enjoying your trip report! Keep it coming! Thanks for sharing!

Lori

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: