Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #1381
Michatx
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower View Post
It opened up again
Still none for me, but hopefully we can make it work out. Barry, got your PM's, but can't respond back til I get 10 posts. Almost there!
Michatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #1382
amyngary
Mouseketeer

Badge inserts - Portrait

Quote:
Can you please let me know if the badges for the holders need to be portrait or landscape...Thanks
They need to be portrait. Sorry, I should have told you that sooner.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #1383
amyngary
Mouseketeer

Town Car sharing

We would also be interested in sharing a town car Saturday morning to get to the ship. We will be staying at BLT - anyone else staying at the Contemporary or BLT who would like to share? There are 4 of us. We currently have a ressie with FL Tours, but I have used Tiffany before and may switch it to them instead.

It's funny - I thought of posting this idea weeks ago but thought you may all think I'm crazy for wanting to share a car with strangers :-)
Old 11-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #1384
scothen
dsny4ever

Have I been included in the Lanyards? I came in kind of late, but I would be happy to donate $20.00 to the cause. Please let me know. Thank you.

Scot
scothen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #1385
scothen
dsny4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
I have an idea too! Michelle I will PM you my email as well. Barry, if you do not have more than 2 adults in your reservation the system will not let you book for 3-4; this can make it difficult to coordinate with friends if you are not sitting together at dinner otherwise
Hadley,

Maybe this is a dumb question, but what exactly does PM mean? Also, where does everyone initially meet after getting situated onboard?

I appreciate any info you can give me. Thank you.

Scot
scothen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #1386
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scothen View Post
Hadley,

Maybe this is a dumb question, but what exactly does PM mean? Also, where does everyone initially meet after getting situated onboard?

Scot
Hadley may be in bed now Scot. These folks in Germany like to go to bed in their own time zone!

PM - Private Message. We PM each other more private messages rather than broadcasting to the board our intentions.

I believe we are not formally meeting on Saturday. One of us will be in a designated area for the distribution of our lanyards, but we're all meeting at (I believe) 9:00AM? in Lumiere's Restaurant for breakfast on Sunday morning. Everyone should wear their lanyards or pick them up then if they miss Friday.

Did I get that right?

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #1387
Kathryn Rada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn Rada View Post
Just decided to surprise the kids with MVMC and two days in Disney.. when we leave the ship they will think we are starting our 15 hour drive home only to be surprised when we stop at Disney... I cannot wait to see their faces! My 27 year old daughter and her finance will also join us at the resort to add even more fun!
For those of you who were hoping to help with my surprise.... I ended up having to tell the boys... their school is going on a field trip Monday (all the way to Virginia Mom!) and they really wanted to get back in time to go... so I offered them the choice and not surprising Mickey won! So for anyone else going to MVMC feel free to discuss it freely with George and Sean they are very excited!!!
Kathryn Rada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #1388
Kathryn Rada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess369 View Post

I've got a grin on my face a mile wide.
Thanks for the prayers and pixie dust. It must have worked because it doesn't seem that the calcium deposits have really changed since the last mamo, so I just have to go back in 6 months for another one. Thanks for the terriffic advice as well. I even managed to sleep last night. You cannot imagine how much all of you helped.

This is going to be such a great cruise.

See you all on the ship!
We are so happy for you!
Kathryn Rada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:59 PM   #1389
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have I been included in the Lanyards? I came in kind of late, but I would be happy to donate $20.00 to the cause. Please let me know. Thank you.

Scot
PM AmynGary as she is in charge of this!

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #1390
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruisin' View Post
PM AmynGary as she is in charge of this!
And doing a great job at it may I add?

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:32 AM   #1391
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michatx View Post
Hadley, wish I had a teen or Grandma going to help, but we're on our own this go round. Honestly, DH will probably be ready for bed by 10 PM, so we should be ok. I'm the party animal in this marriage.
In that case--I often see one parent in the club partying while the other is back in the room with the kids. You will not stand out at all and can have a great time partying without your DH

Quote:
Hadley,

Scot
Barry pretty well covered it; I was in bed. The way you send a PM is jsut to click on the persons user name in their avatar. A drop down menu will appear and send used a PM will be one of the options. Do PM Amy about the lanyards. I am pretty sure she has you down for one eince you are on the roll call, but it can;t hurt to check. THANKS for helping out on the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower View Post
Hadley may be in bed now Scot. These folks in Germany like to go to bed in their own time zone!

PM - Private Message. We PM each other more private messages rather than broadcasting to the board our intentions.

I believe we are not formally meeting on Saturday. One of us will be in a designated area for the distribution of our lanyards, but we're all meeting at (I believe) 9:00AM? in Lumiere's Restaurant for breakfast on Sunday morning. Everyone should wear their lanyards or pick them up then if they miss Friday.

Did I get that right?
Looks right to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn Rada View Post
For those of you who were hoping to help with my surprise.... I ended up having to tell the boys... their school is going on a field trip Monday (all the way to Virginia Mom!) and they really wanted to get back in time to go... so I offered them the choice and not surprising Mickey won! So for anyone else going to MVMC feel free to discuss it freely with George and Sean they are very excited!!!
Oh Kathryn I am sorry the surprise is ruined but I bet the boys are thrilled. Maybe the anticipation will be as good as the surprise. I'll tell Marika the boys are heading to MMCP post cruise so she can tell Sean all about it

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:40 AM   #1392
amyngary
Mouseketeer

Lanyard Final Details

I just counted the people listed on the rollcall link: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=598.

We are up to 99 people if I counted right. This means that if anyone else joins our thread (or has joined and is not on the roll call), they will not receive lanyards. I'm sorry in advance, but I only ordered 100 lanyards, which we thought would cover it based on how many people we had at the time of ordering.

The last people listed who will get lanyards are: JD&LYD.

Can someone else do a count and confirm that JD&LYD bring us to a total of 99 people?

Also, I noticed that in some cases, people did not provide names for children, husbands, etc. I completely understand the reason, but I want to give you a chance to update the roll call before we (and by "we", I mean fluvannaj :-) ) print the badge inserts. For those that do not provide a real name for us to use, we will leave a blank space for you to write in the name if you'd like. FluvannaJ and/or mommyoftwinfants, please correct me if I'm mistaken about how "we" :-) will handle those without real names.

Thanks to the entire lanyard team for all of your help and contribution. If those who have recently committed to contributing do in fact contribute, I think we will have just enough money to pay for the lanyard supplies and printing. But don't worry, I am not shy and will ask for more money if needed

Fluvanna and I will be at the port early Saturday morning (by 11am) until boarding starts. We will be the people holding a bunch of black lanyards. Anyone who knows the port layout have a suggestion on a place for us to stand to help you all find us?

--Amy
Old 11-07-2009, 10:05 AM   #1393
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran

Any DVC members going on this cruise???

Just curious as to if we will see any of our fellow DIS'ers at the DVC member get together on board?

Can't wait!!

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:19 AM   #1394
mommyoftwinfants
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyngary View Post
I just counted the people listed on the rollcall link: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=598.

We are up to 99 people if I counted right. This means that if anyone else joins our thread (or has joined and is not on the roll call), they will not receive lanyards. I'm sorry in advance, but I only ordered 100 lanyards, which we thought would cover it based on how many people we had at the time of ordering.

The last people listed who will get lanyards are: JD&LYD.

Can someone else do a count and confirm that JD&LYD bring us to a total of 99 people?

Also, I noticed that in some cases, people did not provide names for children, husbands, etc. I completely understand the reason, but I want to give you a chance to update the roll call before we (and by "we", I mean fluvannaj :-) ) print the badge inserts. For those that do not provide a real name for us to use, we will leave a blank space for you to write in the name if you'd like. FluvannaJ and/or mommyoftwinfants, please correct me if I'm mistaken about how "we" :-) will handle those without real names.

Thanks to the entire lanyard team for all of your help and contribution. If those who have recently committed to contributing do in fact contribute, I think we will have just enough money to pay for the lanyard supplies and printing. But don't worry, I am not shy and will ask for more money if needed

Fluvanna and I will be at the port early Saturday morning (by 11am) until boarding starts. We will be the people holding a bunch of black lanyards. Anyone who knows the port layout have a suggestion on a place for us to stand to help you all find us?

--Amy
I am working on those right now, just trying to figure out how to turn that template around since they need to be portrait not landscape. I have the names of the wuv tigger DD's and my boys names so I think we are all set.

ETA I need princess 369 DH's name...then we are all set

Last edited by mommyoftwinfants; 11-07-2009 at 10:26 AM.
mommyoftwinfants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:52 AM   #1395
mommyoftwinfants
DIS Veteran

My boys had their first basketball game today at 8:00 (I am not a morning person especially on a Saturday) it was such a good game, the score was 20 20 so we went into a 2:00 overtime and lost by 2pts...... I just could not believe how good these 1st graders were at playing and we have only had 2 practices.
mommyoftwinfants is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: