Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #1351
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluvannaj View Post
Are they really providing pirate patches now?? When we cruised 4 years ago it was bandanas!!!
You're right Fluvanna. Sorry

I knew we got something to take part in the festivities with, but I couldn't remember exactly what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michatx View Post
My husband has lots of family in Gainesville (Know any of the Schumacher's?)
I know a Dale Schumacher in Austin, TX. Does that come close?

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #1352
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When I go online to my Disney Planning Center, it shows that there are NO more Palo reservations. Maybe it's because I don't have priority, I dunno.
You're right Michelle, there are no dinners for 2 remaining, however there are dinners for 3-4 people still available. Make some close friends fast and make a reservation for all 4 of you

I've also PM'd you my email address. I have an idea....

Past Disney Visits:
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2009, 09:35 AM   #1353
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower View Post
You're right Michelle, there are no dinners for 2 remaining, however there are dinners for 3-4 people still available. Make some close friends fast and make a reservation for all 4 of you

I've also PM'd you my email address. I have an idea....
I have an idea too! Michelle I will PM you my email as well. Barry, if you do not have more than 2 adults in your reservation the system will not let you book for 3-4; this can make it difficult to coordinate with friends if you are not sitting together at dinner otherwise

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #1354
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
I have an idea too! Michelle I will PM you my email as well. Barry, if you do not have more than 2 adults in your reservation the system will not let you book for 3-4; this can make it difficult to coordinate with friends if you are not sitting together at dinner otherwise
I know, but my mom's not booked for any Palo dinner. She can be booked to join them for dinner, and simply not show up. My mom doesn't even have to know. (She's in Iowa now anyway visiting a sister who had a hip replacement and a niece who had a knee replacement, she's too busy to think about dinner)

Past Disney Visits:
Old 11-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #1355
Michatx
Earning My Ears

Ooh, I like sneaky idea's! Thanks for your help! Dinner for two sounds great!
Michatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #1356
Michatx
Earning My Ears

All this talk of food and beaches is making me think I need to double up on my ab workouts.

Now I'm a little concerned about our transfer. We bought the Disney transfers because our TA looked into taxi's/cars and said it was more expensive. I didn't even know you could rent a car one way; nor did I know it was that long of a drive! Ack, we may be the last one's on board!
Old 11-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #1357
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now I'm a little concerned about our transfer. We bought the Disney transfers because our TA looked into taxi's/cars and said it was more expensive. I didn't even know you could rent a car one way; nor did I know it was that long of a drive! Ack, we may be the last one's on board!
Depends what time your flight arrives in Orlando I guess. Many of us are actually staying at a Disney resort a few nights ahead of time in order to get to the port as early as possible.

Past Disney Visits:
Old 11-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #1358
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
How cool, Carmen! We live in Anna - know where that is? My husband has lots of family in Gainesville (Know any of the Schumacher's?) and his mother grew up in Muenster. We go to the Muenster Germanfest every year. Can't wait to meet you! You will LOVE cruising! It's our favorite vacation.
I had heard of Anna but to be honest, had to look it up on the map to see exactly where it is. Now I know why I wasn't for sure. We never really used 75 much as we usually went to Dallas via 35. DH used to work for UPS in Sherman so I'm sure he knows where Anna is.

I don't know any Schumacher's personally but did hear the name. DH and I were both born in Muenster. Neither of us lived there but for some reason both of our mothers used the hospital there. My sister even works at the Muenster Hospital. She lives in Lindsay and her and her husband go to the Germanfest every year. I've been a time or 2. What a small world it truly is! Looking forward to meeting you too!
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #1359
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
All this talk of food and beaches is making me think I need to double up on my ab workouts.
Ugh, I hate, hate, hate ab workouts! I don't mind working out any other part but can't stand doing those stupid ab workouts. I have been working on loosing some weight and have lost about 13 pounds but those last 7 are not wanting to come off. I'm going to have to buckle down these last few weeks. I know I'm going to gain a few pounds on the cruise/WDW so I really want to get those pounds off!

Quote:
We're renting a car for just over $50 to the port and about $60 from the port. So what would have cost us almost $300 through Disney is costing us $110. Plus, we'll have the freedom to make any grocery stops, ect. Is it too late to cancel and book one way rentals? I would guess it would be since we're past the cancellation period???
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #1360
Michatx
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Depends what time your flight arrives in Orlando I guess. Many of us are actually staying at a Disney resort a few nights ahead of time in order to get to the port as early as possible.
Barry, we land at 11:30. I'm not too worried. We've always flown in the day of the cruise. I'll try not to sweat it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
Ugh, I hate, hate, hate ab workouts! I don't mind working out any other part but can't stand doing those stupid ab workouts. I have been working on loosing some weight and have lost about 13 pounds but those last 7 are not wanting to come off. I'm going to have to buckle down these last few weeks. I know I'm going to gain a few pounds on the cruise/WDW so I really want to get those pounds off!

We're renting a car for just over $50 to the port and about $60 from the port. So what would have cost us almost $300 through Disney is costing us $110. Plus, we'll have the freedom to make any grocery stops, ect. Is it too late to cancel and book one way rentals? I would guess it would be since we're past the cancellation period???
Girl, I hate, hate, hate them too (which is why I don't do them often enough). However, just did the P90X Ab Ripper and it kicked my booty! Yeah, I'm about 12 lbs. from my goal, but not sure if I will get there before the trip. These last 15 have been so hard!

I'm going to ask my TA about canceling and checking on the car rental. If it's too late, it's too late, but it's worth checking on. Thanks for the tip.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #1361
NHdisneylover

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
Sounds like you have it al planned out well We are taking the pricier than a rental car, but easier route (not that rental car return is hard, but we like to totally relax when we arrive at port) of Tiffany Towncar from WDW to the port for almost as much as the one way trasnfers (I think it is $125 for the four of us--we got a $10 disount). The will make a grocery store.liquor store stop for us if we want (for free) but I think we will be set from our groceries we are getting for the WDW Villa. On the way home we have a one way rental car for the day for $45 (plus gas and tolls) but it will still be much cheaper than DCL AND our flight is not unitl 8 pm so that allows us to shop, or eat or what not during the day (we could do that at MCO--but what would we do with our luggage).
Quote:
Michelle, Mousesaves.com does a GREAT job of showing you all the options of getting to port and cost comparisons

Quote:
Ooh, I like sneaky idea's! Thanks for your help! Dinner for two sounds great!
We'll work it out Just remember I am on German time (so it is almost 5:30 om now) so we need to work out a time when we are both awake

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

Old 11-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #1362
Tower
DIS Veteran

Palo's Gone

I hope it was you you took that last Palo slot on the Friday Hadley. Currently, there are no Palo dinners available again.

Past Disney Visits:
Old 11-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #1363
rowst3
Earning My Ears

Boat Rentals at Castaway Cay

Has anyone rented a paddle boat or the aqua trike when at Castaway Cay. I'm wondering if it's worth the money or not. The aqua trike looks really cool and I know my daughter would just love it. Plus I was hoping to get closer to the Pirate ship for some pictures.

Thanks! Rosemary
rowst3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #1364
NHdisneylover

Quote:
I hope it was you you took that last Palo slot on the Friday Hadley. Currently, there are no Palo dinners available again.
I still have my reservation for my birthday that i do not want--figured I would wait to cancel until a DISser needed it

Old 11-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #1365
Tower
DIS Veteran

It's back again

Quote:
It opened up again

Past Disney Visits:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: